Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Mr. Bear, feel free to send me the defective Lemos. I will check them out for you, see if they're working correctly and send them back with a new build for you to try. That one I just adopted supposedly had a horrible burnt taste. It doesn't, its fine. The only suspect thing I saw when I pulled it apart were that the seals were really discolored for some reason. I replaced them. It also has a small dent. I'll assume it was dropped and landed in such a way to cause it. The dent does not affect it in any way and its very tiny.

This goes for any member. If you're having major issues with an rta, I'm willing to go over it, fix anything that needs it, and return it to you. Or help with the build.

Roxy.

All the details was in my post. I don't know why I have to say the same thing time after time.

1. The Lemo 2 was thrown in the garbage more than a month ago. So I no longer have the tank to send to you or anyone else.

2. I was messing with the Lemo Drop at a vape shop. I did not but it so I can't send that one either. My friend at the vape shop labeled it defective to be returned to the dealer.

Roxy I do appreciate the help with Jim G's kayfun issue. I will give him the chimney in about 7 hours from now.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Roxy.

All the details was in my post. I don't know why I have to say the same thing time after time.

1. The Lemo 2 was thrown in the garbage more than a month ago. So I no longer have the tank to send to you or anyone else.

2. I was messing with the Lemo Drop at a vape shop. I did not but it so I can't send that one either. My friend at the vape shop labeled it defective to be returned to the dealer.

Roxy I do appreciate the help with Jim G's Kayfun issue. I will give him the chimney in about 7 hours from now.

I'm glad Jim is enjoying the Kayfun parts.

I did read the details. I was hoping you didn't really throw it out. Even when you feel something is defective, you should save them for parts. Like I saved the Kayfun stuff even though I haven't had one for almost a year. Someone will be happy to get them when they are needed, see?

And I would be willing to look at the one at the shop also.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I'm glad Jim is enjoying the Kayfun parts.

I did read the details. I was hoping you didn't really throw it out. Even when you feel something is defective, you should save them for parts. Like I saved the Kayfun stuff even though I haven't had one for almost a year. Someone will be happy to get them when they are needed, see?

And I would be willing to look at the one at the shop also.

No; I REALLY did toss the Lemo in the trash.

I gave Him the Kayfun short chimney this morning and he was thrilled. He said thanks for helping a total stranger. I then put one of my .8 ohms build on his Kayfun and when he left he wasca vaping like crazy.

Reactions: roxynoodle

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Bears, sorry to hear you had issues with your Lemo. I have two Lemo V2s going at all times...they are the easiest things to wick. I have had no leaks or dry hits in the 4 months I have owned them 70 vg/30 pg. But I could buy a third one tomorrow and who knows...it could be a dud. I rewick these every 24 hours due to the NET juice I use...perfect flavor, but tends to "soil" the wick due to the nature of the juice. I have heard some really negative things about the Goblin QC issues...you must have got a good one.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
If you had gotten a bad one like I did you would know what I am talking about.

Yes machining ebd milla and bits Wear. Even diamonds and ultra hard super steels like D2, CPM3V will wear. What you do to keep someone from getting a bad tank or atty what you do for every 10th or 50th tank or atty you remove a sample and check for tolerances. When something get 1-2 1,000th of an inch remove that end mill or bit.

I an not talking rocket science or brain surgery here.

Most everyone has examined a soda can. The walls of a soda can is only 4/1000 of an inch thick.

My first eCigarette the evod had tolerances so tight the ejuice would not get to the wicks UNLESS I removed the gasket from the Kanger tech coil. The space between the gasket and the glass wall of the tank was much wider than the thickness of the wall of the soda can and my 50/50 ejuice would not feed the wicks of my coil head.

I have two friends that run machine shops, and one of them Sam D designs C2C computer controlled lathes.

If you want to ridicule and make fun of me and think me a fool; be my guest!

ok wait a second, I need to re read this;

What you do to keep someone from getting a bad tank or atty what you do for every 10th or 50th tank or atty you remove a sample and check for tolerances. When something get 1-2 1,000th of an inch remove that end mill or bit.

lemme count the ways this makes me giggle;

1st, 10th or 50th tank, run a tolerance test? How many of these tanks do you think chinese sweat shops (sorry for being blunt) crank in a day? even if you wanted ot go by 100th, its still ridiculous. not like theyre makin provaris....

Second; 1 or 2 thoundandths tolerance. Lemme tell ya, I used to build race motors, sell auto parts, and do minor machining. And not to mention work side by side with a OCD ex machinist. now when said machinist says tolerances for not only a internal combustion engine, but brake systems, suspension, steering, fabrication, etc for a 8 second street/strip race car is +/-5-10 thousandths, depending on the application, why does a 30$ tank (Which btw may be found cheaper online) that a chinese worker makes for pennies on the dollar have to have tighter tolerances than a dragster? Furthermore, I HAVE had my share of leaky tanks due to poor QC. I HAVE had parts come out of the box DOA. Buy 2 GTX Titan cards for 1000$ a piece and have BOTH dead on arrival. Do I still buy Asus cards? yup. Do I still support NVidia? Yup. Was I POed? Of course.

You said "someone give me a good reason for why these tanks arent all 1 to 1 carbon copies" and we did.

Also, IIRC, they dont use diamond bits for machining and milling SS. The diamond would wear down super fast. They use Tungsten Carbide I believe, or Cobalt. Holds a edge much much better.

But to wrap things up; Yes they could induce a Provari level of QC. They could inspect even every 50 units produced. They could grab some super accurate calipers to make sure theyre within tolerances (which, btw, 1-2 1000ths usually IS in tolerances). But be sure to expect the price to skyrocket.

Quality Vs Cost Vs Quantity. Take your pick, you cant have all 3 =3

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Buy 2 GTX Titan cards for 1000$ a piece and have BOTH dead on arrival. Do I still buy Asus cards? yup. Do I still support NVidia? Yup. Was I POed? Of course.

That's a major let down. Like you said, happens with anything.

Hey man my $8 3x3 puzzle cube has a sticker that's off center! Bull! No harm intended, just having fun with that one lol.

In all seriousness I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the tank. You might just favor building on different decks. I know you like the Goblin mini deck, so maybe that's more your style. If it was defective it's a bummer too. At least it wasn't too expensive or a device that vented a battery, that would be really upsetting.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Bears, sorry to hear you had issues with your Lemo. I have two Lemo V2s going at all times...they are the easiest things to wick. I have had no leaks or dry hits in the 4 months I have owned them 70 vg/30 pg. But I could buy a third one tomorrow and who knows...it could be a dud. I rewick these every 24 hours due to the NET juice I use...perfect flavor, but tends to "soil" the wick due to the nature of the juice. I have heard some really negative things about the Goblin QC issues...you must have got a good one.

I have an elcheapo Clone of the Goblin Mini and it is fantastic.

Glad you got good quality Lemo authentics

In mybreview of the Goblin Mini I list 5 problems with the mini but the flavircis great and hasn't leaked on me. In fact I bought another Clone of the Gmini.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
ok wait a second, I need to re read this;

lemme count the ways this makes me giggle;

1st, 10th or 50th tank, run a tolerance test? How many of these tanks do you think chinese sweat shops (sorry for being blunt) crank in a day? even if you wanted ot go by 100th, its still ridiculous. not like theyre makin provaris....

Second; 1 or 2 thoundandths tolerance. Lemme tell ya, I used to build race motors, sell auto parts, and do minor machining. And not to mention work side by side with a OCD ex machinist. now when said machinist says tolerances for not only a internal combustion engine, but brake systems, suspension, steering, fabrication, etc for a 8 second street/strip race car is +/-5-10 thousandths, depending on the application, why does a 30$ tank (Which btw may be found cheaper online) that a chinese worker makes for pennies on the dollar have to have tighter tolerances than a dragster? Furthermore, I HAVE had my share of leaky tanks due to poor QC. I HAVE had parts come out of the box DOA. Buy 2 GTX Titan cards for 1000$ a piece and have BOTH dead on arrival. Do I still buy Asus cards? yup. Do I still support NVidia? Yup. Was I POed? Of course.

You said "someone give me a good reason for why these tanks arent all 1 to 1 carbon copies" and we did.

Also, IIRC, they dont use diamond bits for machining and milling SS. The diamond would wear down super fast. They use Tungsten Carbide I believe, or Cobalt. Holds a edge much much better.

But to wrap things up; Yes they could induce a Provari level of QC. They could inspect even every 50 units produced. They could grab some super accurate calipers to make sure theyre within tolerances (which, btw, 1-2 1000ths usually IS in tolerances). But be sure to expect the price to skyrocket.

Quality Vs Cost Vs Quantity. Take your pick, you cant have all 3 =3

Let's put this very very simple. Either Lemo checks tolerances or they're going to have QC ISSUES as I said Lemo had. Thank you for finally agreeing with me.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

There is a world of difference between a $38 authentic Lemo and a clone of the Goblin Mini that can be had for as little as $10

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Sooner or later,,, One has to come to the inevitable Conclusion that ya just can't reason with a Brick or a Narcissist.

I freely admit when I am wrong. This is not one of those times.

In both cases it was a brand new authentic.

Fact the Lemo 2 leaked at the fill port.

Fact the Lemo drop; Current could not get from the positive pin to the coil.

I have been vaping quite a while and know what I am doing.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Let's put this very very simple. Either Lemo checks tolerances or they're going to have QC ISSUES as I said Lemo had. Thank you for finally agreeing with me.
who says I was agreeing? I said it was ludicrous to inspect a mass produced chinese sweatshop product in the intervals you described. I also said that these arent the highest quality.

HOWEVER, I also said that defects happen, and if/when they do, you dont rage and go off yelling "worst product ever"

1-2 1000ths tolerances. You be silly.

I freely admit when I am wrong. This is not one of those times.

In both cases it was a brand new authentic.

Fact the Lemo 2 leaked at the fill port.

Fact the Lemo drop; Current could not get from the positive pin to the coil.

I have been vaping quite a while and know what I am doing.

Id be willing to bet there was a short somewhere. Probably a bad insulator. hell, with enough machine oil residue in the post holes, you cn get some nasty volt drops. Learned that one on the tobh clone I got.

Reactions: Hitcat44

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
who says I was agreeing? I said it was ludicrous to inspect a mass produced chinese sweatshop product in the intervals you described. I also said that these arent the highest quality.

HOWEVER, I also said that defects happen, and if/when they do, you dont rage and go off yelling "worst product ever"

1-2 1000ths tolerances. You be silly.

Id be willing to bet there was a short somewhere. Probably a bad insulator. hell, with enough machine oil residue in the post holes, you cn get some nasty volt drops. Learned that one on the tobh clone I got.

I don't know what was wrong with the Lemo Drop nor do I care. I didn't waste money on it.

The Lemo 2. I used that bugger one day and half of my juice was on my shirt.

We are talking about milling Stainless steel not aluminum I bet they can't make over 10-30 tanks a day. Even if they checked for tolerances once a week it would be _____ sight better than the POS I wish I hadn't bought.

taylord22

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
IL
The Lemo 2 is my RTA of choice for flavor. In fairness to Two_Bears, I've owned 4 and in one of them the atty tube warped (or was warped) and caused all sorts of wicking issues. Including leaking.

I figured it out after seeing that the bottom O-ring was being pushed over the wicking holes. Replaced the ring, and it immediately popped out. Threw the tube into my calipers and saw that the tube was now oval shaped. Additionally, the Oring on the atty tube cover was really low quality (as most small o rings are these days), and that little jerk can throw the vacuum way off.

Still, I've had small/large material or design issues to work around on my Billow 2, Goblin V1 and Goliath V2. It's not unique to the Lemo line. Plus, they're all fairly easy to diagnose and side step.

Picking an atty that you're ok spending a lot of time with is key.

For me, in the 120+ days since its release, there has yet to be another sub $40 RTA (not including Kayfun derivatives) that can produce that overly rich, dense vapor like my Lemo 2, IMO. Can't wait for V3.

If you're reading this and on the fence about trying one, and are a flavor chaser, they're starting to trend to sub $20 territory. It's a no brainer.

Reactions: tweaker30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread