I hate to do this, but I really value your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Cary, North Carolina, USA
OK I know there are other places in the forums meant for this, but I have come to really value the opinions of everyone here in the HHV Army.

OK My Birthday is Monday, My wife is warming up to the idea of letting me get another Mod, of course the cheaper the better but She seems to be opening up to the idea of me spending over $100 on it. Plus My parents are giving me cash tomorrow (I predict $50 because that is their usual).

There are 2 mods that have my eye, eVic and Provari Mini (I mainly say mini because of the size, I like to pocket my devices.)

Now I was speaking with someone today about the 2. He said that he likes the provari's and that they are no doubt the most sturdy devices that exist, but He said that as far as the hit goes that it will be no different than my Lavatube (not sure if I believe this). His argument was that the eVic has more options to custom the hit with and even to the point where you can program and tweek your hit on the computer. Now that option really catches my eye because let's face it, I am a Techy. He said that for the price difference he would go with an eVic all day.

I can get an eVic with cables/charger, battery, and something else (cant remember what lol) for $105.
I can get a Provari Mini (device only) for $160 (it's currently on sale)

I would love to hear what you all think. If I go with the Provari I might have to save up for a bit longer before I can pull it off, which stands the chance that their sale on the provari mini might be over and the price could go up quite a bit.

Where my mind frame is right now, I have heard nothing but good things on this site about provaris today talking to this guy in person was the first time I have heard negatives about it. The idea of owning a Provari Mini sounds good because, It's a Provari!!
The eVic, I like the way they look, I love the idea of hooking that bad boy up to my computer and having fun with the settings. I hear a lot of people say "don't drop it". I do realize that accidents can happen but I am not generally rough on anything I own.

Thanks in advance for all the opinions on what I should do.

MwSlim

Slumerican
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Livonia, MI
It's ultimately going to be up to you but I have both the provari v2.5 full size and an Evic.

I like both devices but the Provari gets MUCH more vape time than the Evic.

The provari is much heavier and feels considerably more durable.

Either way though you can't go wrong :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Fran...get the Provari. It's a lifer.

Yeah, I'm not a Provari snob, and I think they cost too darn much, but if you buy one, you'll forget that fact pretty quickly. There are plenty of other fine devices out there, but if I could only have one, it would be the Provari.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah, I'm not a Provari snob, and I think they cost too darn much, but if you buy one, you'll forget that fact pretty quickly. There are plenty of other fine devices out there, but if I could only have one, it would be the Provari.

That says it all. Provari just oozes confidence. Beyond that it isn't anything special.
:)

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
That says it all. Provari just oozes confidence. Beyond that it isn't anything special.
:)

And that is why I am torn. Everyone says "Get a Provari, you wont regret it" And with the amount of people that say it, I know it is solid to trust those statements, but the idea of being able to digitally tweak the settings on the Evic is really pulling me in. I love the way both of them look.

Regardless of what I get, a Protank will go on it and it will be leaving the house with me. Decisions decisions!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And that is why I am torn. Everyone says "Get a Provari, you wont regret it" And with the amount of people that say it, I know it is solid to trust those statements, but the idea of being able to digitally tweak the settings on the Evic is really pulling me in. I love the way both of them look.

Regardless of what I get, a Protank will go on it and it will be leaving the house with me. Decisions decisions!

Flip a coin Fran. If it were me, I'd get a Provari. It wont let you down. Save the tweaking for the next round. Just my opinion.

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Flip a coin Fran. If it were me, I'd get a Provari. It wont let you down. Save the tweaking for the next round. Just my opinion.

I may see how much cash I get for my Birthday. Im also having to save up money to buy Airplane tickets because my wife's sister is getting married in September and she lives in Australia. Cheapest ticket we found so far is $1600 per person, I need to get at least 3 for my wife and kids, I dont think I will be able to afford a fourth one for myself. I hate money LOL.

And with that being said if I get the provari mini I need to buy at least 2 batteries so there is more cost on top of it all. I shall see what tomorrow brings.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I may see how much cash I get for my Birthday. Im also having to save up money to buy Airplane tickets because my wife's sister is getting married in September and she lives in Australia. Cheapest ticket we found so far is $1600 per person, I need to get at least 3 for my wife and kids, I dont think I will be able to afford a fourth one for myself. I hate money LOL.

And with that being said if I get the provari mini I need to buy at least 2 batteries so there is more cost on top of it all. I shall see what tomorrow brings.

Don't forget the charger too.

Got to believe you can do better than $1,600. That's a bank buster!

BigEd781

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
San Diego

It's not like the evic is altering the laws of physics. Sure, it has more options, but those options ultimately boil down to X volts. You can do the same on the ProVari by simply adjusting the voltage until you get a perfect hit. It's about a 2-3 minute process, tops.

I'd go with the ProVari simply because it will last longer and perform consistently.

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Washington State
I tried the evic personally it seemed week to me, but I'm a more advanced vapor, kinda cheap in quality too, and I've heard plenty of complaints in it. I have been vaping about 3 years and just bought a provari. You get what you pay for, this thing is built to last and hits to perfection. I have another one coming on monday. After using a lava tube, a vamo, a zmax, and a vmax the provari is my fav. Yep I'm a fangirl and I'm not ashamed to say it haha. Its completely repairable too. Most other mods just have to be tossed out. I say go provari, but that's just my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread