Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Seriously. How can you go two days without updating the status of my shipment? Really?

My mailman threatened me with legal action if I get anywhere closer than 50 feet from him when he's trying to delivery the mail. Heck I can't even sit by the front of the subdivision anymore waiting for him so I can follow him around until he gets to my house. What is this world coming to? :blink:

Glad I'm not waiting on an organ transplant. "Oh yes Mr. Smith, I see your donor heart was shipped on Friday, but today is Tuesday and we don't have an update". :glare:

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
While I'm not usually looking to defend the post office, they don't market Delivery Confirmation as tracking like you'd get from UPS or FedEx.

It's really just there for people to prove that something they sent was delivered, and if it wasn't, where it got lost in the chain.

I'm not sure where you are in Michigan, but it drives me absolutely insane when a package sits in purgatory in Romulus for days on end. I asked the local post office if I could drive there and pick my item up, and they treated me like I had just demanded to be named Postmaster General.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I'm in Grand Rapids, so I don't have to deal with the Romulus mail traffic jam.

I'm just really looking forward to my package showing up and venting. :D My battery went out on my Mr. Puffer and I'm dying to get the new one. Don't get me wrong, I love my eGo, but I hate filling carts and cartos. Luckily I can get away with dripping most of the time. But nothing beats having 3ml of juice at your fingertips whenever you need it. ;)

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
The latest twist I've seen is GNC (I order nutritional stuff online as I hate making a special trip to a store for something) shipping UPS, but then there's a handoff to the post office for the home delivery! So far they're the only ones I've seen doing that. Everything else I get via UPS comes in the usual brown truck. GNC gets dropped by the mail carrier.

At least the tracking is accurate and the post office delivery is the next day. The goodness is 6 day a week delivery (for now).

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
My mailman threatened me with legal action if I get anywhere closer than 50 feet from him when he's trying to delivery the mail. Heck I can't even sit by the front of the subdivision anymore waiting for him so I can follow him around until he gets to my house. What is this world coming to?

I sincerely hope you are joking, otherwise you sound like a stalker

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I sincerely hope you are joking, otherwise you sound like a stalker

Of course I'm joking, well maybe I do follow him a little bit, or stand by the mailbox. Ok maybe I stand really close to the mailbox. I admit it, I'm a mail stalker. I have one of those mailboxes that you can get the mail out of the back of the box and I usually have that end open with my hand it when he drops off the mail.

I'm so ashamed.:blush:

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Sorry to disagree, but USPS is probably the most efficient postal system in the world. Sure, UPS, DHL, and FEDEX are quicker and have state-of-the-art tracking systems, but nowhere can you get the level of service USPS offers at such a reasonable price.

I've mailed letters and packages using other countries' postal systems, so I can reallly appreciate what we have in the good ol' US.

RadicalJD

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Sorry to disagree, but USPS is probably the most efficient postal system in the world. Sure, UPS, DHL, and FEDEX are quicker and have state-of-the-art tracking systems, but nowhere can you get the level of service USPS offers at such a reasonable price.

I've mailed letters and packages using other countries' postal systems, so I can reallly appreciate what we have in the good ol' US.

RadicalJD

Hey JD,

It's a good cheap system for sure. I'm just venting because I really want my stuff and their tracking is subpar at best. But you can't beat them for value and service IMHO. I've shipped plenty of stuff overseas using them and never had a shipment messed up. ;)

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia

RadicalJD

Not to mention, daily service to every street address in the country. You get what you pay for. Do a Priority Mail box for less than $5 and it just gets there when it gets there. Do UPS or FedEx, same thing applies but for twice the money you get to watch the progress more or less. That is, unless you pay extra for next day or 2-day, and USPS has that too for a fee.

I like USPS and UPS. The delivery is reliable. :mail:
USPS mostly put a notice in my mail box that I have a package. The next day they bring the package up to the apartment.
UPS park his truck near by. Very easy for me to hunt him down.

Fedex.... is totally different story. They don't call. Only put a notice in front of the building and leave.

When I had a job. It doesn't matter. Only for home delivery I pick UPS or USPS. Are I don't buy from that place at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread