I have a couple of questions about the different e-liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSHARQ

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
US
1. What are the advantages to using a 0mg liquid? I thought one of the purposes of an e-cig as opposed to an analog cig is that you can still get your nicotine fix without all of the extra chemicals found in an analog.

2. I keep reading about Pg and Vg. What exactly is the difference? Is one kind recommended over the other?

3. I am looking for some very flavorful liquids. Not tobacco/menthol flavors though. I'm looking for more stuff like fruit flavors, chocolate/vanilla, etc. What are some of the best liquids for flavor and what are some good sites to buy them from?

Thanks in advance!

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
1. Some people want to get off nicotine, but still enjoy vaping without the nicotine, so they just get the juice with no nic in it.

2. Generally, PG holds flavor better, provides a better throat hit, but has less vapor. VG doesn't hold onto flavor as well, has an initial sweetness to it, tones down the throat hit but produces a lot more vapor. PG/VG mixes are up to you to figure what you like. Some people have sensitivities to one or the other so they have to use less to none of one. I've found that if you have no sensitivities to either, that it really just depends on the quality of the juice and the mixture won't really matter all that much.

3. You'll get a lot of suggestions on this one. I've had success with Alien Visions and Tasty Vapor. You can check out Copper Creek if you want a realistic fruit flavor rather than an artificial one. It really all depends on what you like, and you'll have to look around for yourself and sample juices to find what works best for you.

Happy vaping!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
0 nicotine is also an excellent way to reduce your juice if the nic is too high without losing flavor. Mix 24 mg with 0 mg of the same flavor and you have 12 mg juice.

I've heard good things about Cooper creek but never tried their juice. Fruit flavors I like Vapor Bomb (good Peach, Strawberry, Orange Dream Bar), have heard good things about their chocolate juices although I've never tried them.

Vermillion River has some good fruit flavors. You can get a free sample and just pay shipping. They have good pinapple and malibu pinapple.

Kick Bass has some good fruits as well. Their pinapple shake is very good.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
  1. Already explained above
  2. djbishybish is right in that you'll have to find what works for you. The most common you'll see are all PG. Places that mix often have options, and 70/30 PG/VG is (In my humble opinion gleaned straight from anecdotal evidence) the most common, largely due to the fact that most people feel that using more than 30% VG won't wick well in cartomizers, tankomizers, etc. and is generally best used when direct dripping. If you like doing that, go wild on the VG, but after trying all sorts of different hardware, I generally find that I like the cartomizers the best.
  3. A lot of places offer "sample packs". Just search for "sample packs" in the box that says Search ECF with Google, (*Not* the other one below it, which is forum search. Google does a better job of increasing the signal to noise ratio.
    Just a couple that I like. By no means an exhaustive list.
    • Virgin Vapor I'm a new but now loyal customer. She uses good ingredients and steeps her juice for 2 weeks before selling it. Some vendors just throw it together and put it in the mail, so for best results you would have to wait a week or 2 to let it steep yourself.
    • Volcano Cigs | Volcano Electronic Cigarette | Volcano Electronic Cigarettes I don't see them mentioned much for juice, being more of a hardware vendor, but I like it. Good throat hit, and some nice tropical mixes. Preprocessed means presteepd, so you can open and vape right then.
    • Rockstar Vapor I don't want to bash them, but it's not the best juice I've gotten. However they do have 5 packs of 15ml for ~$25 and a lot of flavors to choose from. I used them a while ago just to explore some I though I might like and wasn't sure. At $0.33 per ml, you'll have some ideas. Some have said that these you'll have to steep for a bit... they don't say what their policy on that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread