I Have a JUUL want to get a portable charger/case, do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome :) Buy a usb Powerpack.

While you are at it, order a different e-cigarette because do you know how expensive juul is, the running costs? Non refillable is a DISASTER.
You want pay $1,800 a year when some of us are using Pod vapes for $200-$400 a year?
Throw the Juul in the trash, get a Justfog MiniFit and buy some nice clothes or treat your friends to some Pizza.
Juul - they are laughing at the American people. We know their profit margins.

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Sorry i looked at that "nicstick" you posted about, imo both are bad options and neither will last you a whole day unless you take a couple puffs per day.
Like mentionned above, get yourself a refillable pod system which is at least 50% cheaper than both of your current options. Unfortunately i don't use pods anyway but i wish you good luck on the hunt ;)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know if it will do what you need. I'd kind of be inclined to tell you to buy a few more Juul devices and charge them all at night and just swap them out personally.

I will also agree with MANY others that there are FAR more reasonably priced pod mods out there, and if you are MERELY willing to purchase a nic salt juice of your desired strength and flavors and have the inclination to fill a pod, well, you can get something that will work as well for much less money. Or, you could do both.

I would not buy what looks like a pretty lame and overpriced charger for an already overpriced device. If it is your "nirvana" well fine but then get some backup juuls.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey I'm new to the vape world and only have a JUUL. My .... is always dying when i'm out or Im out of a pod. I saw this product on an ad and was wondering if anyone on here has bought something similar? NicStic
Welcome and glad you joined.
For questions about POD's, might get more information in:
Vape Pod Systems

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The point of a Juul is to be small. Now if you buy a box with a bigger battery in it (which those charger cases are) then why not buy a device with the size of the charger box and a bigger battery? I mean if you carry the case anyways...
Theoretically it's going to last longer than Juul battery + case battery because of less wasted space and energy. Just saying.

If you get a refillable you save money for pods on top of that.

Last edited:

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Dude. You got the MacBook pro! Are you going to buy another MacBook Pro or a Windows Laptop this time?

...More power half the price.
id get into this argument but at the moment mac is producing some exceptionally awful PowerBooks so it’s kind of a weak one at this time. They haven’t always though. Traditionally a Mac laptop lasts about 3 times as long as a pc laptop. For some idiotic reason apple has recently decided that PowerBooks need to break faster and are confused why people stopped buying them. Myself I’m not bothering to buy another machine at all until the intel in chip exploits get an actual fix.

• Useful

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
id get into this argument but at the moment mac is producing some exceptionally awful PowerBooks so it’s kind of a weak one at this time. They haven’t always though. Traditionally a Mac laptop lasts about 3 times as long as a pc laptop. For some idiotic reason apple has recently decided that PowerBooks need to break faster and are confused why people stopped buying them. Myself I’m not bothering to buy another machine at all until the intel in chip exploits get an actual fix.
Man. Was just trying to help my friend not to long ago try to pick out a MacBook Air (because thats the cheaper model). All of those models even the one's listed 2018 edition come with a intel gen 5 processors at best. Windows is puting intel gen 8 processors in their 2018 models. Go to bestbuy's website, Look up macbook air's, You'll see.

Apples may last longer, but technology grows too fast and makes old processors and memory obsolete. People that purchase macs have not clue whats actually inside them. Same thing as Juul smokers. They don't know, they buy from whoever Pushes them the Hardest.

My pre-punched cartos are still working after all these year. Does that mean I'm going to start using them? Not a chance.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Man. Was just trying to help my friend not to long ago try to pick out a MacBook Air (because thats the cheaper model). All of those models even the one's listed 2018 edition come with a intel gen 5 processors at best. Windows is puting intel gen 8 processors in their 2018 models. Go to bestbuy's website, Look up macbook air's, You'll see.

Apples may last longer, but technology grows too fast and makes old processors and memory obsolete. People that purchase macs have not clue whats actually inside them. Same thing as Juul smokers. They don't know, they buy from whoever Pushes them the Hardest.

My pre-punched cartos are still working after all these year. Does that mean I'm going to start using them? Not a chance.
The difference between a gen 5 and a gen 8 is nearly zero. The sad truth is the intel architecture hasn’t really moved in nearly 10 years. Also I did say the current Mac books are some of the worst computers apple has put out in a long time.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@bombastinator - When referring to the Intel exploit do you mean the Spectre and Meltdown exploits? If so, both are extremely difficult to pull off and the chance of an end user being exploited is very, very unlikely. Better chance winning the lottery, being struck by lightning and winning the lottery again. Anyone who has the needed skill sets for these exploits are going to attack large corporations where the payout is much greater, should they succeed. I’d be more concerned about the hack kid down the street cracking your wifi.

@VapePro – I have a friend who has just switched to Juul from an actual mod and atomizer. She knows exactly what she is using and continues to use cause it fits her needs. In fact, there are many seasoned vapers make the switch. Just had a conversation last week with a hardcore mec user. He said he leaves his mec(s) at home and the majority of the time he uses a Juul. I wouldn’t be so quick to think Juul smokers don’t know what they are getting into.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hey I'm new to the vape world and only have a JUUL. My .... is always dying when i'm out or Im out of a pod. I saw this product on an ad and was wondering if anyone on here has bought something similar? NicStic

I personally use advanced vaporizers... rebuildable, rechargeable, and with replaceable batteries. I started with a Cigalike which were fixed batteries, prefilled disposable cartridges, etc... I would end up buying 3 of the batteries, and a ton of the cartriges. After doing the math, I realized it was as much as smoking... so I looked into an alternative.
I discovered an EGO battery with a refillable "cartridge" (CE5), and that reduced the costs dramatically. However, you can only refill the cartridge so many times before the wick and coil would gunk up and you had to buy a new one. I actually learned how to rebuild the CE5 which was a painstaking task, but that reduced the price incredibly low.... I then went to the mini protank with a replaceable coil/wick...but I even rebuilt those.

So, I was convinced, there HAS to be an easier way. I was carrying in my pocket 2 batteries, one tank, and one juice everywhere I went. I decided to get something that had a larger battery (Vamo V3) and even though it was much larger than an EGO battery, I could use one battery almost all day. It made life even more simpler... but I was still convinced that there must be a tank atomizer that could be rebuilt....

Then I bought an AGA-T2 rebuildable tank. Back then, tanks were rare, and this one was rebuildable... I learned the quirks of the tank, and eventually got even better with rebuilding. Things progressed from there... I would try several different tank combinations as the technology became available. new tanks were being released almost weekly.

Now, I have a single battery regulated mod. I still use the same battery charger from my Vamo days wich is 5+ years old. I still have the AGA-T, and all parts are working. I have moved up to small Rebuildable Tank Atomizers (RTAs), My main RTAs are a Goblin Mini, and I still consider the Sigeli Moonshot in "evaluation mode" even though I've been using it exclusively for a month.

...where is all this going? Well, in YOUR vape journey, you're in the same stage as I was in when I was in my Cigalike stage. You're asking the same questions as I was when I switched to my EGO/CE5 days. If I were you, I would ask yourself honestly... how far do you think you'll go? How much vapor do you like? Have you tried a more powerful device? Do you think you'd mind a bit of tinkering to customize your vape? If you can come up with what you think you'd like, you could save yourself some money in the long run.

To give you an idea of costs, This is what I remember costs to be like.

Smoking: $2.80/day =$1022+/year (that was the cheapest, for marlboros at $4.50/pack it would be $3,653/year)
Cigalikes: $20x3 for batteries ($60 startup) + $2.00/day for cartridges ($10 per pack of 5) = $$765/year
EGO/CE5 non rebuilding=$60 startup + $2/week for atomizers + $40/month for juice=$584/year
Rebuilding the EGOs dropped the price per year by $100 to roughly $480/year
AGA-T/Vamo = $70 startup, but the juice is still $480/year
today: $50 startup, $10 for cotton/wire per year, DIY juice = $150/year= roughly $200/year.

I am what I call a light vaper. For the pros here that know what these stats are, I vape a .7 ohm 28 gauge kanthal dual coil build. Muji cotton pads I bought for $12 about 2 years ago and still haven't gone through half of it. I rewick and clean the coils every 4-5 days, and recoil about every 3 weeks. I still have all my old gear, and most of it was for the search for something "better".. but it seems I like a 22mm RTA with a single or dual battery mod running at about 30w.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
$6.99 Folomov A1 Magnetic Li-ion Battery Charger - compatible w/ 26650/25500/22650/18700/18650/18500/18490/18350/17670/17500 & more at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Folomov A1 Magnetic Li-ion Battery Charger $6.99
Small device.
Can be used to charge batteries, or charge devices from a battery.

That looks interesting. It's not something I would use as a main device, but it looks like it might be a good backup or travel option.... especially if you use single battery mods.

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
The difference between a gen 5 and a gen 8 is nearly zero. The sad truth is the intel architecture hasn’t really moved in nearly 10 years. Also I did say the current Mac books are some of the worst computers apple has put out in a long time.

@bombastinator 8th gen stepped up in processing cores from 7th gen. i5 chips when from 2 physical cores to 4 physical cores. i7 chips went from 4 physical cores to 6 physical cores. the mobile versions got physical core bumps too.

@Punk In Drublic Yea sometimes i just stereotype to get people riled up. sorry.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@bombastinator 8th gen stepped up in processing cores from 7th gen. i5 chips when from 2 physical cores to 4 physical cores. i7 chips went from 4 physical cores to 6 physical cores. the mobile versions got physical core bumps too.

@Punk In Drublic Yea sometimes i just stereotype to get people riled up. sorry.
Which does almost no one any good ever. They added processors because they can’t mke the chips go faster.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I stopped even considering Mac Products once Steve Jobs stopped lurking around his company 23 out of 24 hours a day, screaming at the Engineers.

I had an Apple IIE I think it was called, in college. I loved that computer. I found a floppy disk of mine carefully stashed away in a filing system I used to use. I assume a lot of my college papers were on it, now I need to find the computer that will allow me access... I'm curious.

I bought a MacBook Pro when they were still super great. It lasted me about 7 years and I am not easy on computers.

I believe the "s" key died was the first of its problems. That's easy to fix, but it was a rapid downhill slide after that.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread