• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
hmmm, I guess you tried screwing the battery back in? (it would probably just screw the adapter in tighter too.) Dunno... maybe put some super-glue or tarzan grip on the batt thread, screw it in and let it set for a few mins and try to unscrew it again?... or unplug the charger and try turning the adapter with a screw-driver or somthing... there may be an airway groove or something you might be able to catch.
I am guessing it is a small adapter and stuck "inside" the charger?

Is any part of the adaptor protruding out from the charger? If so try gently grabing it with some pliers and turn gently.

If not try to get some small thin long nose pliers and try to stick them (closed) into the round opening of the adaptor then try opening them so as to put a centrifugal force on the inside of the adaptor and then try to turn.

Did you tighten a lot when you put it in?

Kimmyw

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
QLD Australia
I guess Im not meant to have this battery, it was in my shirt pocket last night, I bent down to put the dogs water bowl on the floor after filling it.... and you guessed it, it fell in. Consequently it wouldnt work today, tried charging, nothing doing. So now my fav battery with a glued on adapter had kicked the bucket... RIP :)

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Lol Ive tried with two sets of pliers, my hands arnt strong enough, any suggestions...

Since the battery is already dead you can soak it in acetone nail polish remover to get the adapter off. Also, paint thinner works too. I used to use it to take off the fake nails,lol

Before you try that though, put the battery in a bowl that you can seal with some uncooked white rice. Leave it overnight. The rice will help draw out any moisture that might be left in it. Try that before you do the acetone thing though to be sure that battery is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread