I have a question, I can't seem to find the answer for... Sampling favors of eLiquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
I'm new to vapping, 1 week today!
i have ordered a bunch of e-liquid samples (15 dif flav) that should be here within the next couple days (between three different vendors I found from here). I am using an Ego style battery and clearomizers (a couple more clearomizers, an Ego c twist, and Boge - Low Resistance Cartomizers are in my orders as well)

How do I taste each sample? I don't want to have to fill up the clearomizers all the way, in case I don't like the flavor.

Now I KNOW this has to be answered many times before, I'm guessing I don't have the terminology down enough, so if while answering break it down into noob terms and pro terms would be great so I can more easily learn.

thank you for taking the time to teach this noob :vapor:

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
Yep - Clearos aren't the best for sampling small amounts. You can fill them up part way but the juice gets stuck in the wicks and it takes about 10-20% of a tank before I stop tasting the old flavor. Not that I mind - I find most of the flavors I use taste good together.

I got a low res dripping atty - that's the best way to sample small amounts of juice. It also produces the most and best tasting vapor, in my opinion . .so I don't think of it as extra or a waste - it's become my go-to device when I'm sitting in front of my pc.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
Hmmm, ok if recommending buying more things for my vapping. A list of what I need would be best.

You could even list in priority.
1st... What I need (for gen vapping, and trying new Flavors as I go)...
Each piece, if more then one, do I need the atty (atomizer) a mouth piece, "drip shield"? Bridge?
Links would be great too, so I could just buy what I'm told I need
2nd.. To what I should look into as I continue with vapping, I hear so much about so many other things, tanks, carts in tanks and such, but don't see how it's better then just a clearomizer.

I'm looking at vapping as enjoyable alternative to cigs, not as a hobby. So the less work and fus, the better.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Hmmm, ok if recommending buying more things for my vapping. A list of what I need would be best.

You could even list in priority.
1st... What I need (for gen vapping, and trying new Flavors as I go)...
Each piece, if more then one, do I need the atty (atomizer) a mouth piece, "drip shield"? Bridge?
Links would be great too, so I could just buy what I'm told I need
2nd.. To what I should look into as I continue with vapping, I hear so much about so many other things, tanks, carts in tanks and such, but don't see how it's better then just a clearomizer.

I'm looking at vapping as enjoyable alternative to cigs, not as a hobby. So the less work and fus, the better.

Really, with way you mentioned, you should be good. Never a bad idea to have an additional battery and charger. A few drip tips.

Check the Deals and Steals section and the Holiday section - you can pick up some things on sale.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
lights06.gif

Get an atomizer from any vendor and drip into it. I would recommend the I06 from Ikenvape as it is the best but you need tips ect. so just get one from a trusted vendor. Maybe if one of your orders hasn't been sent you could have them add one to your package.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
I would get some blank cartomisers and take the filling out and drip directly into that. I have tried this approach with old filled carto's and it worked pretty good. Just an idea.

So i could pull this off with my Boge - Low Resistance Cartomizer, by just removing the filling in one, and use that for sampling flavors?

couple drops, taste, empty, then repeat?

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Cartos are cheap. I buy them a brick at a time. Fill a fresh carto and vape. Give the flavor a chance, it might grow on you even if your very first impression is questionable. You can always keep using the same carto with a preferred flavor if you don't like the first liquid you fill it with.

Worst case- throw the carto away. you're out a whole buck.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I would get some blank cartomisers and take the filling out and drip directly into that. I have tried this approach with old filled carto's and it worked pretty good. Just an idea.

On the cheap, this is the ticket, I use it myself!
A little better, but a little more, 510 Smok Tech LR Atomizer
Better yet, a bit more and you will have to buy a special drip tip for it, IKV io6 LR Atomizer 1.8 the drip tip, http://www.ikenvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=io6DTBLK or a drip shield/adapter would work, others can lead you to the right ones as I'm still sorting that out myself!
Then there's this, HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper it's very pricey and one person loves it, the next hates it so........
As I said, I take a cartomizer and run a needle carefully around the wick tube and gently loosen the filling then pull it out, put a few drops on it and good to go.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use the ce2/ce3 clearomizer/cartomizer hybrids like the Phoenix or Fluxomizer or Nano. They are the size of a cartomizer, hold approximately 1 ml of liquid, and use no polyfill to absorb/retain flavor. The newer models are easily filled/emptied by removing the mouthpiece. Easily cleaned to re-use. About $3 a piece.

View attachment 162482 View attachment 162483 View attachment 162484

Last edited:

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
I use the ce2/ce3 clearomizer/cartomizer hybrids like the Phoenix or Fluxomizer. They are the size of a cartomizer, hold approximately 1 ml of liquid, and use no polyfill to absorb/retain flavor. The newer models are easily filled/emptied by removing the mouthpiece. Easily cleaned to re-use. About $3 a piece.

While I don't see how this kind (Phoenix is the one I looked at closer) would help for quick trying different eLiquid, I am liking the concept better then the clearomizers I have been using so far. Thank you for the great recommendation.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
While I don't see how this kind (Phoenix is the one I looked at closer) would help for quick trying different eLiquid, I am liking the concept better then the clearomizers I have been using so far. Thank you for the great recommendation.

These hold less liquid than the typical clearomizer; you only need about 1 ml. of juice to decide if you like the flavor or not. You don't even have to consume that 1 ml if you don't like it. Just dump it, rinse it out and shake dry, and refill with the next flavor for testing.

Using a blank cartomizer is not a cost effective way to sample flavors because they are not easily re-used; the polyfill retains the original flavor, and trying to clean out cartomizers is a PITA. Although I prefer the flavor that a cartomizer provides over a clearomizer, carto's just are not pratical economically for sampling flavors unless you don't mind pitching them.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
These hold less liquid than the typical clearomizer; you only need about 1 ml. of juice to decide if you like the flavor or not. You don't even have to consume that 1 ml if you don't like it. Just dump it, rinse it out and shake dry, and refill with the next flavor for testing.

Using a blank cartomizer is not a cost effective way to sample flavors because they are not easily re-used; the polyfill retains the original flavor, and trying to clean out cartomizers is a PITA. Although I prefer the flavor that a cartomizer provides over a clearomizer, carto's just are not pratical economically for sampling flavors unless you don't mind pitching them.

Well just ordered a pack of Phoenix, good price and makes sense. Even got the order in by a minute for same day shipping :) hope so ;)

Even ordered Urban Tropics e-Juice to add to all the Flavors ill be trying soon

Thank you for pointing me to them.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Well just ordered a pack of Phoenix, good price and makes sense. Even got the order in by a minute for same day shipping :) hope so ;)

Even ordered Urban Tropics e-Juice to add to all the Flavors ill be trying soon

Thank you for pointing me to them.

As much as I dislike "Tude, he comes up with some good things now and again:laugh: (Just razzing you 'Tude!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread