I have an emergency. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
I received my fogger V4 today and when I opened it up.. I found that one of the posts are bad. The screw is fused to the post and when I go to unscrew it, the entire post along with the screw comes off the base. Is there a fix for this?

Here are some pix:

I know it looks like I need to simply unscrew it, but I cant. The screw IS the post. The post is the screw. I dont mean to sound funny, but they are not separate is what I am trying to say.

SOLVED!

Thanks for all your suggestions and support guys! Yall saved me. This is new and was the only rba I .. well I guess I now own. Feels odd saying it as it just came in the mail today, but yeah this is my only one that I have to go along with my Vamo v7 (that I'm still waiting on) and I ordered it from China so a return would have been a huge hassle.

Last edited:

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
Not seeing or holding it, i can only recommend to try hold the post with some needle-nose pliers and get the post screw out, then tighten the post back down good before reinserting the screw. I am not insinuating you over tightened it as I had a atty come just like you are describing, and i was able to perform the process described to get her going. They only need to be tightened to the point of holding the coil, not cutting its legs off, so once you get it loose you should be fine after re-installing the post good and tight.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc

It looks like I should be able to simply unscrew it like the other but it doesn't.

I've tried the pliers. I looked very closely under a magnifying glass and the post is not separate - it's like a manufacture post. I'll try to add one of a bottom view of the post, it's all 1 thing.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. I contacted the manufacturer and I think Im gonna shell out another $6 to get the V5.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
You could try clamping it in a small vise wrapped with something like copper shim to protect the post and heat the post a bit. Or use a hand held manual impact screwdriver. On second thought if you're not experienced with such stuff, you would probably just cause irreparable damage. But it would work :) The screws are stamped out and the post is machined so they are 2 different pieces. maybe try the pliers again with some heat on the post.

Last edited:

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
You might also want to try some of this along with heating the cylindrical part - don't heat both the philips head AND the cylindrical part - just the cylindrical part.

Anyway, penetrating oil: Spray it on and let sit for a while (to let the oil actualy .... um... penetrate:

Shop Liquid Wrench 11-oz Penetrating Oil at Lowes.com

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Holy crap guys! It did come off. i did not think running a jet torch at it would work! But it did! My pieces are black now :( not super black but discolored.

Thank you guys so much. This community has yet to fail me. I think I love this place. I'm gonna pay it forward as much as I can! I'll upload a pic in a few. Here they are!

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Holy crap guys! It did come off. i did not think running a jet torch at it would work! But it did! My pieces are black now :( not super black but discolored.

Thank you guys so much. This community has yet to fail me. I thin I love this place. I'm gonna pay it forward as much as I can! I'll upload a pic in a few.

Jet torch probably gave you plenty of heat :lol: Good job

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread