Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
like i wanna get an rta but i think i'm a smok fanboy XD
is there an rta you can suggest me that will look good with the g priv gold edition and that it will make some good clouds?
cause i'm one of those cloud chasers and i wanna vape at high wattages :D
I don't own any smok mod so can't really say anything (i also don't care for "fit" and wether my tank has overhand or not) all i will say is that i was gonna get myself a serpent smm since it's the most noob friendly rta i've been recommended (can you tell i'm also an rta newbie XD) i'm by no means a cloud chaser, fact is i barely go above 35 watts atm so i'd suggest you go into the rebuildable sections for better suggestions.

NB: same answer for your rdta,can't say since i don't own any rtas atm only rba i own is my big baby beast which i really don't like much but i need it to vape my gunkie juice.

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
If you are a "Smok fanboy" and are after "big clouds", you should take a serious look at the GX2/4. Most are adamant that you not go over 120 or so watts on dual 18650 mods unless you go with 25 or 30 amp batteries which increases that to around 150 to 180 watts. But then your battery life takes a hit. The GX2/4 in quad 18650 mode should get you up around 240 watts or there abouts safely with decent battery life. And when not cloud chasing, it's nice to go to dual 18650 making it the smallest dual battery mod I have seen. Comes in a nice gold color too.

Since I am not really a cloud chaser (although I do like my TFV8 and a couple RTA's), I will leave suggestions on that to those more knowledgeable.

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017
If you are a "Smok fanboy" and are after "big clouds", you should take a serious look at the GX2/4. Most are adamant that you not go over 120 or so watts on dual 18650 mods unless you go with 25 or 30 amp batteries which increases that to around 150 to 180 watts. But then your battery life takes a hit. The GX2/4 in quad 18650 mode should get you up around 240 watts or there abouts safely with decent battery life. And when not cloud chasing, it's nice to go to dual 18650 making it the smallest dual battery mod I have seen. Comes in a nice gold color too.

Since I am not really a cloud chaser (although I do like my TFV8 and a couple RTA's), I will leave suggestions on that to those more knowledgeable.
i don't know about this massive mod though cause i really liked the touch screen feature and the gold color on the g priv is way nicer then in the gx 2/4
i don't really know cause for this time my plan was to buy the g priv mod and the tfv12 rba edition with it
but i'll see what i can do cause i saw that coil master genesis rdta and it seems really cool to me :D

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017

i'm thinking of getting a 30 amp batteries so i will have the best vaping experience of the g priv
and i'm planning on vaping between 150w-180 so i don't think it will be a problem with some fused clapton coils right?

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
i don't know about this massive mod though cause i really liked the touch screen feature and the gold color on the g priv is way nicer then in the gx 2/4
i don't really know cause for this time my plan was to buy the g priv mod and the tfv12 rba edition with it
but i'll see what i can do cause i saw that coil master genesis rdta and it seems really cool to me :D

I have the G-Priv and GX2/4 and although the GX2/4 is obviously a bit heavier, it is not that much bigger then the G-Priv. And the form fits my hands better then the G-Priv. I do really like the touch screen, so can't argue against that (not that I would argue against either). Color is a personal thing, but look closely. The G-Priv is sort of a solid gold while the 2/4 is a car-like metallic gold. It is a close call, but I give the edge to the 2/4 for the option of dual or quad mode and how much smaller it is in dual mode.

i'm thinking of getting a 30 amp batteries so i will have the best vaping experience of the g priv
and i'm planning on vaping between 150w-180 so i don't think it will be a problem with some fused clapton coils right?

Just check Mooch's ratings to be sure you are getting genuine 30 amp batteries from known vendors. There are over rated/stated re-wraps being sold by less reputable sellers. And you will sacrifice mah's (battery life) when increasing the amps, some as low as 1500mah. And you might want to check the ohms of those fused claptons before jumping in at 150-180 watts.

Whatever you decide, have fun, but stay safe!

MajorArtz

Sep 12, 2017
I have the G-Priv and GX2/4 and although the GX2/4 is obviously a bit heavier, it is not that much bigger then the G-Priv. And the form fits my hands better then the G-Priv. I do really like the touch screen, so can't argue against that (not that I would argue against either). Color is a personal thing, but look closely. The G-Priv is sort of a solid gold while the 2/4 is a car-like metallic gold. It is a close call, but I give the edge to the 2/4 for the option of dual or quad mode and how much smaller it is in dual mode.

Just check Mooch's ratings to be sure you are getting genuine 30 amp batteries from known vendors. There are over rated/stated re-wraps being sold by less reputable sellers. And you will sacrifice mah's (battery life) when increasing the amps, some as low as 1500mah. And you might want to check the ohms of those fused claptons before jumping in at 150-180 watts.

thank you and have a nice day :D

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Fact remains the smok v8 tank burns smok coils out fast due to it not having control and many people compliance about ops issue

The clieto 120 is an amazing tank I haven't met one person who has had an issue

Smoke coils do not last

Smok rba is awful in comparison to every rta on The market

I work at a shop and study this .... like it's school work

My views are based off experience and research

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can only speak to the Cleto since it's the only tank I owned, but my son must have run 250 ml of juice through his coils every month, and he only had to change the coils once a month. They're fairly low resistance too, I cant remember if they were quads or octocouple coils but in any case, they blew plenty of vapor (I dialed it back) but I think he ran them at fairly high wattages, kind of in the middle of the coil's recommended. He could chuck a cloud in the car that made me ill, even as a smoker, as he vaped this godawful combination of citrus and menthol, LOL, but without a window open, I would not have been able to see to drive. :) IDK though, there are still dyed in the wool smok users, I kinda agree about the v8 coils, but I'm not sure that's true for ALL smok coils, however....

Anna+

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
@fifamymaingame
Just because you work in a vape shop dosent mean you know everyone's taste, we're all different and just because one person dosen't like a product, dosen't mean someone else won't like it.
I for one quite like my bbb rba, I've been using it with it's preinstalled coil for 2 months now with basically no issues.
I do agree with their drop in coils though.
Everyone ia different at the end of the day i like the rba section and will continue using it even after i get myself an rta, it's a good buy imo for those that want to start small on rebuilding.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
They sell lot of both. But not a day goes by here on ECF when there aren't multiple threads from newbies asking for help for a fried Smok something or the other.

It seems that Smok products do best in the hands of experienced vapers.

Experience will show that any wick goes fast with the sickly sweet stuff commercial liquid vendors are selling today.

Experience will also show that the pen-style rigs like the Evod II, Joyetech AIO and Innokin Endura are the best option for new vapers. Pencils down, heads up, class dismissed.

Vape shops are doing their new customers a disservice by foisting off Smok and Wismec multiple battery mods as "starter kits."

For one thing, the shops match them up with batteries that have no chance of ever firing the mod at its specified top end. For another, they're selling temp control capable mods to kids (18-24 is still a kid) that wouldn't know a Nickel or Titanium coil if it roundhoused their wobbly heads. And last of all, the poor newb leaves the store $80 or so poorer with a device they don't know how to use and will end up in a drawer in a few months. And a few months is a stretch.

My shop educates battery mods the whole 9 to newbies we have tons of testers for them to try we sell every battery as well

Got that tobacco licence to build and add nic for people
We hear so many horror stories about other shops

We make it a point to set up each vapor that will match needs out customers even chime in and we suggest listening to our customers insight for that nervous noon

We always got YouTube going as well to explain battery safety ohms law and products people want to buy

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
@fifamymaingame
Just because you work in a vape shop dosent mean you know everyone's taste, we're all different and just because one person dosen't like a product, dosen't mean someone else won't like it.
I for one quite like my bbb rba, I've been using it with it's preinstalled coil for 2 months now with basically no issues.
I do agree with their drop in coils though.
Everyone ia different at the end of the day i like the rba section and will continue using it even after i get myself an rta, it's a good buy imo for those that want to start small on rebuilding.

It's great and cheap option to get into rebuilding for that unsure vapor

But I dunno I personally haven't enjoyed the rba smok has kind of tiny to build on

Decent flavor tho
Don't mean to come across as an ahole

I take it a point to help every newbie who walks in set them up with something they want and try not to up sell to much

Our shop has seen so many shops screw people over fake mods fake tanks not preaching battery safety

We go above and beyond and our customers always try to help before we do

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
It's great and cheap option to get into rebuilding for that unsure vapor

But I dunno I personally haven't enjoyed the rba smok has kind of tiny to build on

Decent flavor tho
Don't mean to come across as an ahole

I take it a point to help every newbie who walks in set them up with something they want and try not to up sell to much

Our shop has seen so many shops screw people over fake mods fake tanks not preaching battery safety

We go above and beyond and our customers always try to help before we do
Here it's completely different vape shop owners (at least where i go) are extreme nice and never pressured me into buying anything he goes above and beyond to help me choose though and i loved that guy for that purpose. If you're curious as to how different go into the general discussion I've made a thread about it.
For the rba yeah it is very small, but i'm a tinkerer kind of guy that's why im still using it tbh, probably won't rebuild it but in the meantime it does its job very well imo.

On another note please keep doing your job the way you do it, i wish there was more clerks like you and less people trying to scamm us for money.

Forgive me I have no technical idea I am only just a vaper of 2 months and a bit, and learning as I go. Just wanted to post on the issue I had with the V8, with it being like burnt out or something after 2 - 3 puffs (I did prime properly! thank you youtube!). So I took it back to the shop, and asked about different coils thinking maybe it's that if not me (probably was me though), so far it seems to have worked. I changed out the V8 Baby - M2's for the V8 Baby - X4's and a world of difference. Don't know if it's worth posting but just thought I'd say, over a day now and I am still on the same coil, blowin those gnarly clouds that got me to buy the V8, really happy it's such an angry little vape device I really like it. I've also put the X4's into the Alien at the shops advice, and now I can vape with a lot higher watts, and enjoying it at 48.5 watts now with the stronger coils and it's like the Alien just became a cloud machine also, I was at 30 - 35 on the M2's which was not giving me a hit. Supposed to be best between 45 - 60 watts with the X4s. Realistically I have no idea, but just thought to mention in case it helps someone else or if anyone has any advice regarding, cheers.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Forgive me I have no technical idea I am only just a vaper of 2 months and a bit, and learning as I go. Just wanted to post on the issue I had with the V8, with it being like burnt out or something after 2 - 3 puffs (I did prime properly! thank you youtube!). So I took it back to the shop, and asked about different coils thinking maybe it's that if not me (probably was me though), so far it seems to have worked. I changed out the V8 Baby - M2's for the V8 Baby - X4's and a world of difference. Don't know if it's worth posting but just thought I'd say, over a day now and I am still on the same coil, blowin those gnarly clouds that got me to buy the V8, really happy it's such an angry little vape device I really like it. I've also put the X4's into the Alien at the shops advice, and now I can vape with a lot higher watts, and enjoying it at 48.5 watts now with the stronger coils and it's like the Alien just became a cloud machine also, I was at 30 - 35 on the M2's which was not giving me a hit. Supposed to be best between 45 - 60 watts with the X4s. Realistically I have no idea, but just thought to mention in case it helps someone else or if anyone has any advice regarding, cheers.
If you're planning on using a smok branded tank i've got 1 advice for their coils :
Poke holes in the juice flow holes,one at the top one at the bottom of each,that way your coils are gonna last much longer and you'll get much less burnt or dry hits (do it for every and any coils you get for it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread