ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I just found it!!
john.stossel@foxnews.com

And wrote him:

Hi John,
Long time veiwer and I saw your piece from North Carolina last night- very good!
I am so tired of government and agencies telling us how to live. Anyway, I qiut smoking almost 2 years ago with the help of electronic cigarettes after over 30 years of 2 packs a day. I had tried everything in the past to do so but without success. Within a short time, my breathing improved and a all kinds of health issues I had disappeard. I have felt so much better!! This seems to be a pretty common experience of most people who quit, no matter how they achieved it. After switching to e-cigarettes, I did not imagine that I would continue to be villified as a "smoker," and that there are government agencies and anti-nicotine groups out there who are doing all that they can to ban e-cig use. In essence, this sends the message for folks like me who have been unable to quit to just keep smoking even though "accepted methods" are not effective at all.. I know you are aware of the controversy. The very health oranizations that we have looked up to all of our lives, the ALA, AHA, etc. are against us and this is even with a good amount of research now that shows that e-cigs are much less harmful than actually smoking and they pose no risk at all to by-standers, nor are they a "gateway" for yourth to begin smoking (a red herring). The FDA could not defeat e-cig use in 2009 and so now these organizations are taking the approach of bans in smaller cities and counties, and college campuses, one after another to include e-cigs in the same category as smoking. Most of us have concluded (from following the money) that Big Pharma is behind this- they have the most to lose from their NRT's (Nicotine Replacement Therapies) such as gums, patches and even medications which have actually not been very successful in cessation (and in some cases cause harm) as the e-cig have been (from actual research) much more successful. Anyway, I think this would be an excellent piece for you to do- to look at both sides of what's going on with e-cigs. Frankly, we Vapers (as we are no longer smokers) are tired of being bullied and told what we can or cannot put into our bodies (even if there is no evidence to show harm) and a piece by you would certainly help with this. I for one know that it if gets to an extreme ban (such as an outdoor ban- which has happened in some places), I will probably pick up smoking again- something I really don't want to do. Like I said, there is pleanty of research out there now altough these ANTZ (Anti Nicotine and tobacco Zealots- the seemingly accepted term among us) and the FDA continue to say that there is not enough research and therefore they are not safe. I am part of a forum where we talk about the current issues with e-cigs and what course the legislatoin is taking or considering. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-news/ I am also a member of Consumer Advocates for a Smoke-Free Alternative who helps us get objective information out regarding alternatives to smoking: cassa.org
If there is any inforamtion I can help with, please let me know.
I hope to hear back from you soon.
Thanks!
David Xxxxxxx,
Knoxville, TN

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
BanTrouble.jpg

Good Idea ...
Ya could tell Stossel this is what BP is pushing: Click Here
1-BigGrin.png

"My name is Rosa and I quit smoking with Chantix"
Maybe that stupid grin is a side effect ??
I'm wearing out the mute button on my remote control !!
:p

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
BanTrouble.jpg

Good Idea ...
1-BigGrin.png

To funny ...my friend! That video kills me :)

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
BanTrouble.jpg

Good Idea ...
1-BigGrin.png

LOL..... I wouldn't touch Chantix. I've had friends and coworkers who have and had HORRIBLE side effects from it.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
So you may kill yourself smoking, and should avoid exposing others to second hand smoke.... or you can take Chantix and want to off yourself faster and kill others in a more direct fashion. Seems Chantix accomplishes everything smoking does... it's just an express method of offing yourself and/or others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread