I have never made a purchase that caused that much stress lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I just bought a ProVari earlier today, after stressing about whether or not I really needed it (my main device has stripped threads, now, so nothing will stay on it and I needed something new), agonizing about the cost, constantly referring back to reviews, pros of the ProVair vs other devices, etc., and eventually my husband told me to just order one already. I think he got sick of me babbling about how the ProVari does this, but this other device does that, but the ProVari is so much more expensive...I was quite annoying, I believe.

I think I could have used a nice, strong drink after making that purchase because of the price, but we both really think it will pay for itself eventually. I've already wasted so much money on devices that saw very little use before either dying or falling out of use, and thinking of the amount of money we spent in just two months on cig-alikes makes the ProVari price seem much more reasonable.

I just wanted to tell someone that I finally gave in and got a ProVari. Now that the money is paid and I'm just waiting, I'm starting to get excited about having it, and I expect I'll be obsessively checking the mail and tracking after it ships. Did anyone else go back and forth about deciding to get one, because of the large cost upfront?

So, when do I become a member of the super exclusive club? :p

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I just bought a ProVari earlier today, after stressing about whether or not I really needed it (my main device has stripped threads, now, so nothing will stay on it and I needed something new), agonizing about the cost, constantly referring back to reviews, pros of the ProVair vs other devices, etc., and eventually my husband told me to just order one already. I think he got sick of me babbling about how the ProVari does this, but this other device does that, but the ProVari is so much more expensive...I was quite annoying, I believe.

I think I could have used a nice, strong drink after making that purchase because of the price, but we both really think it will pay for itself eventually. I've already wasted so much money on devices that saw very little use before either dying or falling out of use, and thinking of the amount of money we spent in just two months on cig-alikes makes the ProVari price seem much more reasonable.

I just wanted to tell someone that I finally gave in and got a ProVari. Now that the money is paid and I'm just waiting, I'm starting to get excited about having it, and I expect I'll be obsessively checking the mail and tracking after it ships. Did anyone else go back and forth about deciding to get one, because of the large cost upfront?

Just be calm, wait for it to arrive. Try it for a week and if you don't like it there will be many that will be happy to buy it from you.

What color did you get? Was it a full sized or a mini?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Congratulations!
No crazy induction rituals. Well, there IS that thing with the donkey - but afterwards, we have bacon tacos and Mojitos!
Pop on by at the Saloon, or the Provorn thread, where folks show off their shiny new ProVari attachments.
You've made a great choice - and I'm SURE you'll love your 'Vari!!

What is a Mojito?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
A refreshing adult beverage, featuring fresh mint leaves.
Actually, personally, I'd prefer a margarita, but mojitos are trendy...
Mojito_cocktail.jpg

What is a Mojito?

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
Just be calm, wait for it to arrive. Try it for a week and if you don't like it there will be many that will be happy to buy it from you.

What color did you get? Was it a full sized or a mini?

I got the zombie edition, full size with the 18650 extension cap and green display/LED. When that one came out, I seriously started considering a ProVari, but I couldn't afford it at the time. Now I just keep reminding myself that so long as it keeps working and I use it, it isn't a waste of money. The resale option was also a factor in my decision, but I'm hoping to love it.

Congratulations!
No crazy induction rituals. Well, there IS that thing with the donkey - but afterwards, we have bacon tacos and Mojitos!
Pop on by at the Saloon, or the Provorn thread, where folks show off their shiny new ProVari attachments.
You've made a great choice - and I'm SURE you'll love your 'Vari!!

Lol! Think I could get whiskey instead of a mojito? I'm not a fan of the fruity or trendy drinks :p Thanks for the links, and I really hope I do love it.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sacred Text of Manual

The Ritual of Arrival

Chapter One
Verse one

All Hail Novitiate! By ordering you have made a life changing commitment.

Be comforted in the knowledge that soon all doubts of your decision shall be alleviated and your spirit overcome with joy! All of your questions will be answered, all of your hopes realized, and as you have dreamed...

You will GET IT!

n92u.jpg

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Congrats VapnWitch. I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut you'll love it. I remeber when I got my first. Had to get on the PreOrder list, and waited a couple months. When it arrived I remeber thinking, "What a Club". Didn't take a day to get used to the size of it. I smoked tobacco alittle over 52 years, 2.5 PAD when I started vaping. The ProVari and my DIY eliquid, and I now smoke nor vape no more. Feb 6th was my last vape. Now you know someone that quit tobacco using ecigs, then quit ecigs. Good luck with your quit(s).

Cheers,
otrpu

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I'm pretty sure too that you'll really like your new ProVari, VapnWitch.

Yes, I waffled for quite a while before getting one, for 3 reasons: 1 - price; 2 - didn't think they were attractive; 3 - owner attitudes kinda turned me off....but I finally got one and am very pleased. Now I have 4: 3 of them are used and came with extras, and they all look new and work like new. No regrets at all! I no longer dislike the visual aspect either.

The PVs that I find the most attractive visually are usually the mechs - IMO, some of those are soooo pretty and artistic....so I bought a clone, and it's fine, but I'm not that crazy about mechs, I've decided, and have no desire to have any more. Love to look at them though and admire those belonging to other people!

Good luck and enjoy your ProVari!! Let us know what you think after you get it!

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Hmm, 2 day processing and putting you order together, 2 days shipping time, maybe 3, because of the weather, should be there by Thursday or Saturday by the latest, keep a tight watch on you tracking, signature is required. If you ain't there, or the vape delivery person is to lazy to knock on the door, the dread pink slip, sorry we missed you, is all you'll receive. lmao. good luck, enjoy, sure you will be thrilled.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Don't stress the cost. I dunno how much you spent on smokes, but the 'vari cost less than I spent in a month on cigarettes, and it will last damned near forever. If you really look around at the quality stuff that's out there, it's really a middle of the road mod, price-wise. You'd pay a lot more for most dna mods, or something like the Semovar, and certainly for the high end mechs, and precious few of any of those have the kind of warranty the 'vari does. All the practical stuff aside, though, once you get it in your hands and actually vape it, it'll be worth every minute of agonizing over the decision! Next you get to agonize over whether to try a kayfun, and if so, is it worth it to put out for a real one, or is a clone okay for now?

welcome bear.jpg

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA

What kind of delivery system are you going to use?

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
Hmm, 2 day processing and putting you order together, 2 days shipping time, maybe 3, because of the weather, should be there by Thursday or Saturday by the latest, keep a tight watch on you tracking, signature is required. If you ain't there, or the vape delivery person is to lazy to knock on the door, the dread pink slip, sorry we missed you, is all you'll receive. lmao. good luck, enjoy, sure you will be thrilled.

Our mail delivery people won't even deliver things that require a signature. They stick the slip in your mailbox and you have to go pick it up at the post office. We have a P.O. box, though, so I'll probably be able to pick the ProVari up before the mail person would even deliver mail to our street (because I stalk my packages and know when they will be at the post office, and I'm prepared to be there the second all mail should be in the boxes lol). I really, really hope it's here before Saturday. There are no "window" hours on Saturday at our PO anymore :(

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
Don't stress the cost. I dunno how much you spent on smokes, but the 'vari cost less than I spent in a month on cigarettes, and it will last damned near forever. If you really look around at the quality stuff that's out there, it's really a middle of the road mod, price-wise. You'd pay a lot more for most dna mods, or something like the Semovar, and certainly for the high end mechs, and precious few of any of those have the kind of warranty the 'vari does. All the practical stuff aside, though, once you get it in your hands and actually vape it, it'll be worth every minute of agonizing over the decision! Next you get to agonize over whether to try a kayfun, and if so, is it worth it to put out for a real one, or is a clone okay for now?

View attachment 302051

I spent about $100/month on smoking, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. But handing over that much for one device, at one time, was kind of hard. I've been looking into the Kayfun, but I haven't decided how I feel about it, yet.

What kind of delivery system are you going to use?

My Phiniac tank and RDAs (I have an IGO-L and a Helios clone, but I'm considering a few others).

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I spent about $100/month on smoking, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. But handing over that much for one device, at one time, was kind of hard. I've been looking into the Kayfun, but I haven't decided how I feel about it, yet.

My Phiniac tank and RDAs (I have an IGO-L and a Helios clone, but I'm considering at others).

I think you are going to have a good time with this. :)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Our mail delivery people won't even deliver things that require a signature. They stick the slip in your mailbox and you have to go pick it up at the post office. We have a P.O. box, though, so I'll probably be able to pick the ProVari up before the mail person would even deliver mail to our street (because I stalk my packages and know when they will be at the post office, and I'm prepared to be there the second all mail should be in the boxes lol). I really, really hope it's here before Saturday. There are no "window" hours on Saturday at our PO anymore :(

Lmao, yeah, same here, remember when I was wait for my P, was scheduled to arrive the Friday of labor day weekend, My room is downstairs of a townhouse, so even if they did knock, likely I wouldn't hear, so checked out the average time of Friday deliveries set my alarm clock to wake me up early, work nights, was out on the rear deck reading a book, listening to music, sipping my cappuccino and taking my farewell vapes on the ole ego gear. Watched him pull in, not even bothering to knock on my door, was filling out the dreaded slip to place in the vapebox, so walked up to the truck and said hey, got mail for me? Oh, lucky you came out, nobody answered the door. Yeah right ...., I was sitting there all this time, you never even left your truck yet!! Thank you very much!! lamo.

If I hadn't been out there it would of been 4 excruciating days of more torture, and provape is only 48 miles from my home. lol

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Mine came today and I was nervous too...that is until I started thinking about my other PV I have went through. First it was a Vamo 2 that I had paid 60 dollars for....5 months later threads stripped! Then I got a Vamo 3 for 60 dollars ...was going to be smart and put a air flow controller to protect the threads. I had a carto tank on it and it got knocked over and the controller stripped the threads.

So after much researching and asking countless questions I decided on this purchase. I don't think Im going to be disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread