Status
Not open for further replies.

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
I've been looking into the kayfun, but I haven't decided how I feel about it, yet.

I only use Kayfuns now. I used to own a Z-Atty-Pro from Provape/ZEN. Got sick of the waaaay to open airflow that was not adjustable. I ordered two Kayfuns initially, then ordered 2 more after I was blown away by the performance of the device on top of a Provari.

The kayfun (I wouldn't buy a clone) is as no-brainer as buying the Provari was. As long as you are OK with rebuilding the coil/wicks, then you WILL save a ton of money over a cheaper atomizer such as a Kanger with replaceable heads. Those heads are comparatively expensive against the kayfun. You either pay more for the device up front, and save tons over time, or you spend a ton of money on replaceable heads. The cost of 100ft of 28 gauge Kanthal wire and organic cotton balls from Walgreens or CVS (drug stores) is nothing compared to the cost of replaceable atomizer heads. I compare their business model to that of all printers. They sell you the printer cheap, and empty your wallet with replacement ink cartridges. Kanger's business model is the same as all printers. Sell you the device for nothing, and empty your wallet with the replaceable heads.

Buy a Kayfun. You won't regret it.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, I waffled for quite a while before getting one, for 3 reasons: 1 - price; 2 - didn't think they were attractive; 3 - owner attitudes kinda turned me off....

I'm really curious about what you think about those folks now. It seems just by confessing your love (or just satisfaction) is often perceived by other folks here as being snobby and elitist. :blink:

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I think he got sick of me babbling about how the ProVari does this, but this other device does that, but the ProVari is so much more expensive...

My boyfriend was also the one to push me over the edge (and he didn't have a Provari himself). He knows me very well and knows that I would have gone through a bunch of devices but would still be eyeing the Provari. He finally said "You should just get the Provari, you're going to get there anyway." When I still didn't want to spend the money he reminded me that 3 years ago he'd given me a Visa gift card to put toward another tattoo and I still hadn't used it, so I should just use that to buy the Provari.

A week later I was so happy with mine I bought him one, which he also really likes. And then I picked up a used one as a backup (but instead of using it as a backup I find I'm just rotating between it and mine with a dripper on one and tank on the other... so much for being a backup.)

You will know when you get it that you made the right call. Enjoy it and good vaping to ya. :)

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I stressed about it too but finally bit the bullet and ordered a purple mini... should be here in 2 days. Figured it would be a good "1 year smoke free" present for myself. =)

I bet that will be adorable! Mine just shipped and I got so excited I squealed and scared my cat lol.

PS: Yep... it's a little early for the present but I'm impatient ;)

If your counter is right, it's close enough to one year, and it will pretty much have paid for itself by the time your one year rolls around :)

Daytony

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Iowa
I agree with the Kayfun, to me this is the only atty that has changed the vape world. I still remember the day I got my provari and fighting with worthless toppers for 2 years. I kept saying "if only they would make something heavy duty and just work like the Provari" the vape gods answered and the Kayfun was born....er something like that. The Tobeco Kayfun Lite Plus is a very good cheap alternative if price worries you. $39 w/free shipping on ebay.

I bet that will be adorable! Mine just shipped and I got so excited I squealed and scared my cat lol.

If your counter is right, it's close enough to one year, and it will pretty much have paid for itself by the time your one year rolls around :)

My counter is correct... so I'm about 5 weeks early. My daughter started with me and has been very resistant to getting off the cig-a-likes & 650 evod kits. For xmas I got her a couple of vv evod batteries & a mini protank. She was so impressed she's ordered some twists. I'm going to get her to try it and if she likes my mini provari, I'll order her one for a "one year" present. :)

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
A refreshing adult beverage, featuring fresh mint leaves.
Actually, personally, I'd prefer a margarita, but mojitos are trendy...
Mojito_cocktail.jpg

I love me some Mojitos!!!

Congrats VapeN
First drink is on Train!!!!

Personally I didn't fret back & forth about my purchase..... Just wish I had done it before spending $2,500. in less than 2 months.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

luvchins

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
USA
Hmm, 2 day processing and putting you order together, 2 days shipping time, maybe 3, because of the weather, should be there by Thursday or Saturday by the latest, keep a tight watch on you tracking, signature is required. If you ain't there, or the vape delivery person is to lazy to knock on the door, the dread pink slip, sorry we missed you, is all you'll receive. lmao. good luck, enjoy, sure you will be thrilled.

Would you believe my postman left my Provari order in my mailbox last week?! He must have signed for it himself to save himself a walk to my door and back to his truck. (Not that far) Today, I received another small order from them (bigger batteries, end cap extension, and an adapter). Same thing happened. He didn't even scan it as having been delivered.

Anyway....

Congrats on your new Provari. I think you will LOVE it.

I, too, agonized ove making the purchase, but have absolutely no regrets. I stalked their site every day until it shipped, and then tracked it obsessively. LOL

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you what I ordered. I got the black satin mini with the blue LED. A few days later, I placed a second order for the extension cap, bigger, batteries, and a 510 to ego adapter. The adapter works like a charm to accept my protanks minis, and my iClear 16s.

Enjoy your new Provari!!!

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
Would you believe my postman left my Provari order in my mailbox last week?! He must have signed for it himself to save himself a walk to my door and back to his truck. (Not that far) Today, I received another small order from them (bigger batteries, end cap extension, and an adapter). Same thing happened. He didn't even scan it as having been delivered.

Anyway....

Congrats on your new Provari. I think you will LOVE it.

I, too, agonized ove making the purchase, but have absolutely no regrets. I stalked their site every day until it shipped, and then tracked it obsessively. LOL

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you what I ordered. I got the black satin mini with the blue LED. A few days later, I placed a second order for the extension cap, bigger, batteries, and a 510 to ego adapter. The adapter works like a charm to accept my protanks minis, and my iClear 16s.

Enjoy your new Provari!!!

That sounds like the people from our post office :glare: They are horrible for either stuffing too large packages in our PO box/other people's mailboxes, not scanning things when they arrive, and putting things in the PO boxes that need a signature.

Congrats on your ProVari! I bet the blue LED looks great with the black. My husband is taking my SVD and I think he's considering getting me to order a second ProVari for my backup/secondary device, if I love the one that should be here Friday.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
That sounds like the people from our post office :glare: They are horrible for either stuffing too large packages in our PO box/other people's mailboxes, not scanning things when they arrive, and putting things in the PO boxes that need a signature.

Congrats on your ProVari! I bet the blue LED looks great with the black. My husband is taking my SVD and I think he's considering getting me to order a second ProVari for my backup/secondary device, if I love the one that should be here Friday.

Is it there yet? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread