I have Provari-itus !

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I guess provari-itus spreads quickly, LOL. I am thrilled to own *one* and doubt I could afford two more but well, if spending enough dough on a fixed income leads to quitting smoking, I guess I'm all for it????

In any case I understand the itch, but I'm just thrilled to own the one, I must say. I think obtaining one (especially now that they are discontinued) is something to be grateful for, so I'll just say congrats on the quitting smoking and I hope you can afford everything else that you need.... :) Of course, we are all on a "fixed income" really, I mean I know I am unless I go traveling the streets in some ungodly unsafe manner, LOL, so I'm not entirely clear what NOT being on a fixed income entails.....

Good luck with your provaris and continuing to quit, TK.

Anna

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Don’t worry, you’ll soon move on and realise that provape if far from the be all and end all. You’ll be back to searching and spending more new on other mods soon (may I suggest squonking next...).

just because you are not content and moved on to search for the latest in vapes ... others find what works and have no need to move on.

Vaping is not a hobby for everyone ... some folks are just looking to replace smoking.

bought this one used 3+ years ago ... still using it everyday and I never crave cigarettes.

IMG_2963.JPG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

You need the beauty rings to even out the look of the attys.
The provari when I bought the 2.5's for my wife and I 4 years ago they were super pricey cause they were still in their prime. Now that provape is closed we don't use them as much anymore for the fear of having them die. I got other mods and hitters I can use but still take the provaris when we go out to functions.
I repaired a couple old Sigelei Zmax's I've had sitting in a drawer for years cause the power button was wonky and kept on skipping into the menu, a small oring and a couple pieces of electrical tape and so far 3 weeks of constant use and not a skip. The twits at Sigelei put a loose flat button onto a round surface and no wonder it walked and skipped if you didn't press the button down exactly center.

just because you are not content and moved on to search for the latest in vapes ... others find what works and have no need to move on.

Vaping is not a hobby for everyone ... some folks are just looking to replace smoking.

bought this one used 3+ years ago ... still using it everyday and I never crave cigarettes.

View attachment 692683

That's what my black provari looks like, paints all worn and looks well used...it just adds character to the mod.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin

View attachment 692683
I love the pattern of wear around the teardrops. They don't get older, they get better.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com

View attachment 692683
That’s a beautiful warhorse

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
With all the mods at my disposal, there hasn't been a day in...(think)...almost six years now that at least four Provis weren't tanked, loaded, and in use. I still love the old v2(x) models, and run them like Toyotas (an occasional "oil change" is about it).

Since unregulated mods left me wanting, the Provis became my "mechs", and I've not a single regret.

Congrats, Terry. Glad you found something that's working for you. After all, that's what truly counts (even in ALL THIS craziness of vape-fun).

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I really don't care for the newest or most current whatever. I like to have something quality that will last and willing to pay for it. So many fly-by-night mods have come out in the last year or two and some are good but most are slapped together with very little care...just get them out. So far I have been lucky with no real gear failure but also I do my due diligence in researching my buys. I've only dropped my provari twice, once fell off a counter onto a concrete floor and smashed my protank. 2nd was getting out of the truck and it was in my lap again against a concrete floor breaking the STM glass and bending the STM 510 also. My wife dropped her too many times to count and I shuttered everytime I hear the THUD knowing what it was but both still vaped but now with beauty marks. The 2 Sigelei zmax's I bought late 2013 and they were high end at the time being SS body and fairly heavy so now that I fixed them, they pretty much replaced my provari until they die off. I'm quite happy vaping under 15 watts(all the zmax offers) with a 1.4ohm 30/34 rayon clapton thats easy on batts and being able to use up the chitload of 10amp 18500's I bought long time ago in battery coops. The 18500's are mighty useless just like 350's using midrange multiwire builds.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Agreed there is no need for anyone to own multiple Provaris. Same as there is no need to own multiple pairs of shoes or earrings or trousers or.....
I made the mistake of finding a mod that worked for me and immediately deciding to stock up in case of failure. Trouble is the original (bought in 2012) is still working perfectly. If only all my troubles were the same.

I agreed with this but will change my rating if the or... in your post includes underwear. :D

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
My baby is sick. I e-mailed Bill, and hope to send her to the hospital next month. Treatment will cost $40, and I can't afford it until then. Until now, she rests. Maybe that will help.
What size ProVari is the one that's sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread