I have some basic questions, specifically about the joye 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikix

Mar 29, 2010
new york
Hey, sorry if these questions have been asked to death, but I have been searching the forums for about an hour and I am still confused,

I have 3 different brands of e-ciggs. The smoking everywhere Gold Kit. The E-Health Cigg, and the Joye 510. Now, if anyone cares.. the Gold Kit which i got at a 'bargain' for $90 at the mall, kinda sucks. It really only works like 30% of the time. The E-Health cigg is crap.. its 10 bucks and came from Hong Kong. The Joye i got yesterday and even though it looks kinda weird, it by far is the best.

So, I am probably just going to continue to use the Joye. It came with 2 of everything, one white color, one black color, and 3 carts of each color and a bottle of cherry cola flavor.

Can someone please simply explain to me in layman's terms.

1. When my carts run out, what do i do?!?! Do i drip more liquid on the atty and keep the old cart, or do I throw out the cart and put a new one on?

2. What should i buy now? I have the kit and 2 of everything? Should i just buy a bunch of different liquids and drip them on the atty and use the old carts?

3. What is the use of buying pre-filled carts, if you can buy a bottle and drip it on and get the same effect.. probably for much less money.

4. does the liquid drip onto the atty or do i drip the liquid into an empty cart???/

Can someone please help me out and not just direct me to a link. I would really really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

phenom5

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Arizona

1. When my carts run out, what do i do?!?! Do i drip more liquid on the atty and keep the old cart, or do I throw out the cart and put a new one on?

Drip the liquid into the cart.

2. What should i buy now? I have the kit and 2 of everything? Should i just buy a bunch of different liquids and drip them on the atty and use the old carts?

I would buy some extra atomizers, blank carts, some sort of filler material, lots of liquid.

3. What is the use of buying pre-filled carts, if you can buy a bottle and drip it on and get the same effect.. probably for much less money.

Refilling carts is far more cost effective than buying prefiiled carts.

4. does the liquid drip onto the atty or do i drip the liquid into an empty cart???

Drip into an empty cart, and you can drip a drop directly onto the atty to help things along.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Just get empty carts. You can however take the filling out of the "old carts" if your switching flavors and rinse them out with water and reuse them... But carts are cheap and unless you're really broke they'res no point to it because the flavor will still linger a bit.

My suggestion is to go to a place like vapor4life.com and buy a bunch of different 5ml bottles and see what flavors you like. One 5ml bottle is only like $2.95, that way if you don't like it no big deal... besides you can always sell stuff like that on the classifieds forum here

As far as using the 510, basically just keep the atomizer wet and the cart topped off everyonce in a while. The cart is full when you start to see the liquid pool up on top, if the cart is still "thirsty" the liquid dissappears right away.

In my experience you don't really need to "drip" with a standard, unmodded 510. When I was using a 510 I just filled my cartdridge to the brim [to the point where one more drop and it would be spilling on the floor], and kept topping it off every 5 or so puffs.

A drop or two on the atomizer here and there won't hurt though and will improve the flavor and throat hit on those first couple drags. Just don't drip too much or you'll have liquid leaking all over the place.

Just try different methods to see what you like, topping off the carts or dripping directly on the atty.

A lot of people don't even use carts at all, they just drip directly on the atomizer... A couple drops will be good for about 5 good drags off my Prodigy v2 for example.

I could talk til I'm blue in the face, but there is still a learning curve and you gotta do that by your own experience... hope I helped a bit

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Hey, sorry if these questions have been asked to death, but I have been searching the forums for about an hour and I am still confused,

I have 3 different brands of e-ciggs. The smoking everywhere Gold Kit. The E-Health Cigg, and the Joye 510. Now, if anyone cares.. the Gold Kit which i got at a 'bargain' for $90 at the mall, kinda sucks. It really only works like 30% of the time. The E-Health cigg is crap.. its 10 bucks and came from Hong Kong. The Joye i got yesterday and even though it looks kinda weird, it by far is the best.

So, I am probably just going to continue to use the Joye. It came with 2 of everything, one white color, one black color, and 3 carts of each color and a bottle of cherry cola flavor.

You can reuse your carts and filler. Using a toothpick to move the filler around as you refill, helps the juice absorb into the filler. When the top of the filler looks like a slushy-your good to go. If it pools on top you have over filled and dab the top with a papertowel.

If you are happy with your 510-2 more atty's and one more battery. Watch the classifieds here on the forum and you can get some decent deals on juice-Otherwise just buy samples until you find the flavors that appeal to your tastebuds. You can drip on the atty. No more than 2 drips with a full cart-You can flood the atty.

Pre-filled carts really aren't the way to go.

4. does the liquid drip onto the atty or do i drip the liquid into an empty cart???/
Cart with filler. If you want-you can purchase Fluval to change out the filler here and there as needed. You can also clean then filler. Pull it out of the cart and wash in warm water and dry by rolling in a papertowel until completely dry. Return it into cart and fill.

Can someone please help me out and not just direct me to a link. I would really really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
When you refill the cartridge with your refill liquid ALSO put a drop or two on the inside of the atomizer on the bridge. This will keep it runing right, and make sure you never get a dry burned tasting vapor.

My Joye 510 attys last forever! I've never lost a single one.

I use a new atomizer for each different e-liquid I use (especially menthol or cinnamon red hot flavors). Usually rotating 3 flavors in 3 attys. Buy some back up attys and keep them fresh by only using one flavor in them if you can. Sometimes you can clear the flavor out by vaping straight PG in them (drip on atty, and vape until flavor is gone).

I put small mylar star colored stickers on the atty to designate what flavor is in them, and put the same color star on the liquid bottle to keep them straight, or buy colored atomizers (fun!).

Prefilled carts are probably the biggest mistake a new vaping person makes. Get liquid... you can fill the empty dummy tops of the 510 with polyfil (craft store) or aquarium foam like AquaClear (PetCo).... so you probably don't need any other blanks other than what came with your kits.

hikix

Mar 29, 2010
new york
thanks guys i really appreciate it.. my white joye ran out of smoke last night, so i charged it up.. this morning i put took it out put the old cart on from last night. I dripped 2 dropped of cherry cola liquid directly onto the atomizer and it is working great!

If I can do it this way, what would be the reason to change carts, or put the liquid directly into the cart as opposed to the atty?

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
The filler out of the cart? as in the thread material? I've been keeping that in

Yeah, a new 510 atomizer will fit about 8 drops of juice... So just fill your atomizer up and when the flavor changes just a little bit add a couple more drops.

Cartridges are better in concept than they are in actual use. They just don't work that well.

greyfox

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2010
Yeah, a new 510 atomizer will fit about 8 drops of juice... So just fill your atomizer up and when the flavor changes just a little bit add a couple more drops.

Cartridges are better in concept than they are in actual use. They just don't work that well.

I'm using a 510 and so far I haven't had any trouble with my carts, stock or refilled. They operate just fine for me and the only time I ever drip is when I change out a cart (I put a single drop of juice on the atty bridge to make sure it stays wet). Not to mention I use the standard polyfill in them, and they work fine. Can't wait to try a different filler though and compare :)

hikix

Mar 29, 2010
new york
thanks, you guys really helped me out and answered all my questions. I hope this thread also helps other people in the same situation.

Now, If i can maybe help a person who stumbles on this thread and is not sure what e-cigg to buy. Do not get an e-cigg from a kiosk in the mall!! They are crappy quality and they are marked up 5-10x the price! Don't buy anything from smokingeverywhere or their kiosks! Do your research here and you will get the best for your money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread