I have the provari and the MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
ps...innokin aparently lied in the little instruction brochure they enclose with every mpv2.0.
And they also lied to me in their email. because i see now that they are showing 3 amps on their web spec sheet. arrgh.

Someone pointed out that innokin mvp spec might be for the mvp and not the upgraded mvp2..."mongo not know".
There is also ambiguity regarding the numerous links posted to old mvp pdf's and specs which we might be mistaking for mvp2 specs.

A little personal history..
On march 3rd I asked around on ecf about the amp limit of the mvp2, and was told it was 3.5 amps.
I also sent a question via email to innokin on the mvp2 amp limits, and recieved an answer on the 4th from innokin informing me that it was supposed to be 3.5 amps.
March 5th, I bought two mvp2's from vapor-liquidators on ebay

Last night, I sent an email reply to innokin asking them if and why they are telling everyone a lie in the instruction brochure they enclose with every mvp2 they ship. And if there really is no difference between the mvp and mvp2, why they told me it was 3.5 amps in the march 4th email. (The Info of which I also was very rudely and arrogantly falsely accused of forging here on ecf along with several condescending remarks and insults some might recall).

I'll let ya'll know if I receive any reply from innokin.

For me, the only questions that are really open here, which may be answered by email and this thread are...
1. Are we all confusing the mvp specs with the mvp2 specs. Is there any difference and did busardo scope the mvp or the mvp2 ?
2. If number one is true, Will busardo or anyone else scope the mvp2 to finally solve this open question ?
3. Any apology forthcoming ?

Imnsho,
I am disappointed if innokin is misleading folks to believe that it's 3.5 amps.
However, when used within its designed parameters (1.7 to 2.1 ohm for me) it has been performing the task very well.
Especially taking into consideration that its just a forty five dollar vv vw device.
After all if someone wants to run low ohm cloud chasing, who the heck wouldn't just run a mech instead...
Most of this threads rable rousing is talk of running outside of the mvp2's parameters...sheeesh get a mech or a dna30 mod.

later,
jon

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
For me, the only questions that are really open here, which may be answered by email and this thread are...
1. Are we all confusing the mvp specs with the mvp2 specs. Is there any difference and did busardo scope the mvp or the mvp2 ?
2. If number one is true, Will busardo or anyone else scope the mvp2 to finally solve this open question ?

but but but Phil already used his technical tools to show us the power specifications of the MVP V2.0, do you wish for him to do it again? He's a busy guy, I would think once was enough. I have linked to the video, the tests start at around 13 minutes. Post 211. Did you watch that?

There is really no mystery here. Watch the video, write his numbers down as he calls them out for you, calculate the amp limit for the MVP 2.0, which he mentions is identical to the previous version anyways. Math isn't my strong suit, still waiting for someone to do this exercise. You can help out by doing it and reporting the values back here?

I no longer wish to participate in this thread. I have satisfied myself as to what the real amp limit is of that device, if others wish to believe it will do something it is not capable of, that is up to them.

Last edited:

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
Nice redacted quotation job heh heh

No I havent watched the video so I didnt know if he did test the 2.0 version. limited bandwidth here on a cellular connection.
So that solves the first question maybe, but what about the other q's ? apologies arent your strong suit either eh

Apologize for what? That some people were confused over this devices specifications? I didn't need to quote your entire post, and I don't feel I owe anyone an apology for trying to inform them of the devices real specifications. But like I said I'm done arguing over an MVP and it's specifications. I don't even like the device, it doesn't regulate well enough for my liking. I don't care if it has a 5 amp limit like many other chinese mods, I still wouldn't get it. It's a cheap device, you get what you pay for in this world we live in.

edit.
Change of heart.
Sorry Katrider

Arguing over devices is the same if the device is a graphics card or a battery holder. To me, as long as the numbers are reported correctly I don't care who has this or that. It's the grey area where people are unsure of what they have, but of course, since they own it, it must be 'the best' lol. Alls i wish for is that the specifications are reported accurately and that they are not just picked out of where the sun doesn't shine and passed along as facts. It does matter to some people, they make their purchasing decisions based upon other peoples 'facts'. I just fired up my new Janty MiD, if I had listened to reviewers, I would never have bought it. If you wish to read specifications, Janty has it figured out. Pages and pages of data and certifications. There is no doubt that their electrical engineers are reporting accurate numbers, as it is all done under ISO standards. The china mods, you pays your money and you takes your chances, never count on them to publish accurate numbers, heck, you can hardly read the instruction manuals, why would you put any faith in their numbers?

Pbusardo put his device on a scope, the numbers speak for themselves. Not much more to be said.

Last edited:

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I'm amazed this thread hasn't been closed lol considering the # of posts that got deleted. From what I can gander, it looks like the general consensus is 3.0 amps or so. But the ultimate questions is this:

Is it a real huge deal?

For a $40 dollar device, a 3 amp limit is fine. or 2.6 amps or 3.5 amps. It doesn't matter to me. What matters is that its a good bargain, good quality and a VV/VW device with a good form factor. Is it a Provari? No. Does it stack up to a Provari? Maybe. Does it really matter? At the price difference, I would say not. Keep it civilized boys and girls, we're looking to distribute information and educate, not nitpick about minute details

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Someone pointed out that innokin mvp spec might be for the mvp and not the upgraded mvp2..."mongo not know".
There is also ambiguity regarding the numerous links posted to old mvp pdf's and specs which we might be mistaking for mvp2 specs.

A little personal history..
On march 3rd I asked around on ecf about the amp limit of the mvp2, and was told it was 3.5 amps.
I also sent a question via email to innokin on the mvp2 amp limits, and recieved an answer on the 4th from innokin informing me that it was supposed to be 3.5 amps.
March 5th, I bought two mvp2's from vapor-liquidators on ebay

Last night, I sent an email reply to innokin asking them if and why they are telling everyone a lie in the instruction brochure they enclose with every mvp2 they ship. And if there really is no difference between the mvp and mvp2, why they told me it was 3.5 amps in the march 4th email. (The Info of which I also was very rudely and arrogantly falsely accused of forging here on ecf along with several condescending remarks and insults some might recall).

I'll let ya'll know if I receive any reply from innokin.

Imnsho,
I am disappointed if innokin is misleading folks to believe that it's 3.5 amps.
However, when used within its designed parameters (1.7 to 2.1 ohm for me) it has been performing the task very well.
Especially taking into consideration that its just a forty five dollar vv vw device.
After all if someone wants to run low ohm cloud chasing, who the heck wouldn't just run a mech instead...
Most of this threads rable rousing is talk of running outside of the mvp2's parameters...sheeesh get a mech or a dna30 mod.

later,
jon

but but but Phil already used his technical tools to show us the power specifications of the MVP V2.0, do you wish for him to do it again? He's a busy guy, I would think once was enough. I have linked to the video, the tests start at around 13 minutes. Post 211. Did you watch that?

There is really no mystery here. Watch the video, write his numbers down as he calls them out for you, calculate the amp limit for the MVP 2.0, which he mentions is identical to the previous version anyways. Math isn't my strong suit, still waiting for someone to do this exercise. You can help out by doing it and reporting the values back here?

I no longer wish to participate in this thread. I have satisfied myself as to what the real amp limit is of that device, if others wish to believe it will do something it is not capable of, that is up to them.

The MVP2 has an auto shutoff at 3.5 amps. That is the amp limiter.

However the MVP2 also has an upper limit of 11 watts that is enforced BOTH in VW and VV modes.

If you actually pull out pbusardo's numbers they bear this out, especially when you understand that the MVP2 is sometimes off .1 ohm or so in it's detection.

It appears from what I have experienced and the numbers in pbusardo's review, is that if a voltage is selected that would place the unit over 11 watts, then it will simply fire at whatever voltage equates to 11 watts unless the coil resistance is so low that 11 watts equates to less than 3.3 volts. (sub ohm).

If that occurs, the device will simply at 3.3 volts.

Anything less than .94 ohms should not fire at all since this would cause the high amp limiter at 3.5 amps to kick in at the batteries minimum setting of 3.3 volts.

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
ok, right now I'm only on page six of this thread, so keep that in mind...and please excuse this little rant if the issue has been resolved already.

I'm just wondering if anyone ever gets it through someones thick skull, that the so called "subpar" MPV is set to operate on one or the other preset mode VV OR VW. And has sucessfully explained that the fact that it does not display the real time voltage when in wattage mode, or by the same token does not display the real time wattage when in volt mode is NOT a valid criticism of said devices REAL TIME performance when you hit the fire button !

The person I'm thinking of has already been told a few times now (by page six) about it being one mode or the other, yet he still drones on about the MPV, calling it "subpar". Subpar to "What" ? What then IS not "subpar" ?

But hey JACK, if you can tell me what mod does give a real time voltage display while in VW mode, then I'd like to hear about it.
For now though, at least for me, these mpv's are a very consistant vape in vw mode, every time I hit the fire button. That's all that really counts for me, a good consistant vape hit after hit. Makes no difference to me what makes others happy, provari, mpv, vamo w t f ever as long as everyone enjoys...life is good !

I love my mpv's :toast:

Btw, I recently bought two mpv's and love them. Best bang for the bucks available imnsho.
A silver one and a blue one. My only criticism of the mpv is that the so called blue one turns out to be a very nice looking metallic silver grey finish, looking absolutely nothing like any color blue on this planet as far as I know. I mean I love the color but this just isnt blue heh heh

My EVIC shows the Volts, OHMs,Watts,and Battery % on screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcastela

Jan 18, 2014
Portugal
I kind of feeling ridiculous saying this... But I have to.
Do you feel your (insert current mpv here) does not deliver even at max wattage/voltage setting? Time to upgrade.
Are you ok ( ie. 90% below max setting) with your current mpv? Keep it.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I just can not understand this bickering. The provari is not the higher performer on the highest current front.
The mpv is not the worst either. This is not, in my humble opinion, what makes this devices so different.

There is a market for both. There differences far exceed that.

Is a mech vv/vw with a display...
Is the provari also vw....

Now, if it is vv and vw and has a display to show and set both...then yes it should show the real time values of them both...

or the user could take it upon themselves to learn simple math. man...what an argument.

anyways. I have an mvp and loved it but the battery life was not what I expected. From other issues I've had with it I think I just got a bad one. I was looking at the provari since I originally hated the idea of "vaping an ipod" but from looking at other box mods (and considering the provari was far more expensive), I really feel this one fits my needs (and my hand) well.

just my 2cents

Last edited:

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
I just checked as well, everything indicates a 3 amp limit, not sure where the other poster is getting his 3.5 amp limit number from, maybe he pulled it out of where the sun don't shine site?

I know this is old but it had me curious so I got out the users guide, and it's likely where this 3.5A number is coming from as it states in the "LED light blinking Mode area of the paper guide:
"5. Red LED light will stay on for 5 seconds when a load short circuit is detected or the current of the coil is more than 3.5A then no vapor will be produced"

Perhaps that's where the 3.5 amp number is coming from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread