I have the Vivi Nova tank, and hate it. It leaks all the time. Can anyone suggest anything better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcooke

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas TX
I've been using the Vivi Nova tank since I started vaping about a month and a half ago. It's one of the only ones the local shop (Good Vapes) sells. Ever since I got it, I've had issues with it leaking into the battery. It all stems from the little rubber cap that goes on top of the atomizer head. Inside it is a small metal cylinder that is supposed to help create a seal, but the suction created by inhaling makes it move upwards towards the mouth piece, which results in the thing constantly leaking all over the place. I've tried several caps and all have had the same issue.

Today, I finally put a stop to it by driving a staple into the rubber to hold the metal cylinder in place. I shouldn't have to do this.

EDIT: I should also mention, I have 2 of these tanks, both have leaked. I've used up 4 atomizer heads thinking one or two might be defective, and I've tried at least 5 rubber seals. Leaks keep happening. The tanks are also always filling up with smoke, which I don't think is normal.

JvNq6.png

wKIpV.jpg

Can someone recommend a better, preferably low maintenance tank?

Thanks

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Is it the Vision Vivi Nova v2.5? I understand the earlier version had problems. The newer version should be OK. It's kind of hard to tell by the pic, but something doesn't seem right. It could be a knock off, maybe?

the early versions had problems, sure, but it was problems with the center post on the connection more than anything, not the top of the post...and also here is a picture of one of my ibtanked tanks.

y9e3u3es.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

CJB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Phoenix
the early versions had problems, sure, but it was problems with the center post on the connection more than anything, not the top of the post...and also here is a picture of one of my ibtanked tanks.

y9e3u3es.jpg

What kind of caps are you using on that tank? I dig

arcooke

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas TX
I don't know if it's the v2.5 version or not, here's a better picture. It's the only one the shop sells ($17)

@elmattias - Thanks for the pic/suggestion. I don't know anything about cartomizers. My friend's first one was a cartomizer, and he said it was a pain because you had to be really careful not to prime it too much or too little or it would cause problems. Not sure of all the details but he got the Vivi after trying mine and said it was a lot easier to work with. Also, would that tank work on my eGo-C Twist?

5Zfwy.jpg

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I don't know if it's the v2.5 version or not, here's a better picture. It's the only one the shop sells ($17)

@elmattias - Thanks for the pic/suggestion. I don't know anything about cartomizers. My friend's first one was a cartomizer, and he said it was a pain because you had to be really careful not to prime it too much or too little or it would cause problems. Not sure of all the details but he said got the Vivi and said it was a lot easier to work with. Also, would that tank work on my eGo-C Twist?

5Zfwy.jpg

if you over prime it, it will flood, this is corrected simply by blowing the excess juice out of the carto...I find them much lower maintenance than a nova....yes it will work with your twist, I'll throw some pictures up later when I'm at home and have my twists handy.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Ah, over filling! DO NOT over fill a Vivi tank, period! I've done it and had problems.

elmattias, I just bought a Smoktek (not Smoke Tech) DCT XL tank. It should be in today's mail. I also got some single coil 2.0 Ω heads for use on a Twist. Is this an OK combination?

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Ah, over filling! DO NOT over fill a Vivi tank, period! I've done it and had problems.

elmattias, I just bought a Smoktek (not Smoke Tech) DCT XL tank. It should be in today's mail. I also got some single coil 2.0 Ω heads for use on a Twist. Is this an OK combination?

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

I'm not a fan of the plastic tanks, mainly because of my love for citrus juices, but those cartos should work wonderfully and be able to vape the full range of the twist's voltage spectrum.

arcooke

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas TX
Ugh, looking through ikenvape, I'm getting even more confused. Vaping is so complicated.

They have STD, LR, XLR cartos, and cartos with no naming designation. They have 1.6ohm 2.5ohm 3.0ohm. They have Platinum, Mega Platinum, some that don't say platinum at all. They have single coil, dual coil. My friend was telling me that some cartomizers have more holes for higher air flow. Then I guess you need to know what size carto is going to fit in whatever tank you buy. This is so frustrating, I don't even know where to start. And they're so cheap, I assume they have to be changed often?

I'm willing to try a cartomizer, but the amount of options is dizzying, and makes it really hard for people who are new to this.

EDIT:
Oh yay. I thought my staple solution fixed it. Nope, still gushing liquid out the bottom. I'm getting so sick of this ......... I really don't think it's a knockoff.. the place I bought it from was telling me when I bought it to be careful where I buy parts because of the amount of knockoffs there are. They seemed pretty reputable, and it's a very popular store.

EDIT2:
I just put on my other vivi tank and it's leaking too. Both of them are.

wKIpV.jpg

Last edited:

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Ugh, looking through ikenvape, I'm getting even more confused. Vaping is so complicated.

They have STD, LR, XLR cartos, and cartos with no naming designation. They have 1.6ohm 2.5ohm 3.0ohm. They have Platinum, Mega Platinum, some that don't say platinum at all. They have single coil, dual coil. My friend was telling me that some cartomizers have more holes for higher air flow. Then I guess you need to know what size carto is going to fit in whatever tank you buy. This is so frustrating, I don't even know where to start. And they're so cheap, I assume they have to be changed often?

I'm willing to try a cartomizer, but the amount of options is dizzying, and makes it really hard for people who are new to this.

you want the low res mega platinum cartos...the punched series comes with two pre drilled holes, which is all you really need unless you are vaping 100percent VG juice.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
you want the low res mega platinum cartos...the punched series comes with two pre drilled holes, which is all you really need unless you are vaping 100percent VG juice.

also just to note...ANY of the 510 series cartos will work with the nova,I just prefer the platinum 510s because they are vertical coils that will give much better vapor than a bottom coil.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
I really don't think it's a knockoff.. the place I bought it from was telling me when I bought it to be careful where I buy parts because of the amount of knockoffs there are. They seemed pretty reputable, and it's a very popular store.

Maybe, but they aren't listed as an authorized reseller at Vision.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I've never disassembled a Vivi, but it looks like an O-ring problem. If you haven't had it long, I would contact who ever you bought it from.

EDIT:
Oh yay. I thought my staple solution fixed it. Nope, still gushing liquid out the bottom. I'm getting so sick of this ......... I really don't think it's a knockoff.. the place I bought it from was telling me when I bought it to be careful where I buy parts because of the amount of knockoffs there are. They seemed pretty reputable, and it's a very popular store.

wKIpV.jpg

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada

EDIT:

EDIT2:
I just put on my other vivi tank and it's leaking too. Both of them are.

wKIpV.jpg

the only way it could be leaking out of the battery connection is through the atty connection to the base plate..there should be a washer on the atty..did you use a different atty on the other vivi or the same one? maybe that washer is broken or pinched

FloridaNoob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Holiday, Florida
also your issue has NOTHING to do with that cap. That cap is to keep it from leaking up and out the drip tip, not down the center post. I agree with gthompson, you must either have a knock off or an older one. Especially if the vender is not listed on the reseller list. Dripping down the post is caused by it either flooding down the atty, or your atty not being screwed in properly and dripping around that leaking. I have 2 Novas and have no trouble with either one of them leaking like you have, and that is with all 3 heads and disassembling them multiple times. I would suggest returning it to your supplier as a DOA and asking for a replacement/refund. Also can you show us a pic of your box, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread