I have this vinyl cutting machine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
And I think I can cut some custom vinyl overlays for e-cigs. I have a computer program that I can "design" with, and I'm thinking all I need to do is get some exact measurements and wha-la! Custom 510's, LOL!

I use this machine to sell custom graphics for cars, signs, wall words,etc. If I can get a pic on the computer of whatever you want, then I can cut it out, anywhere from 1/16 of an inch to 4-6 ft.

Has anyone done anything like this? Or does anyone already know EXACT sizes of batteries, atty's etc.?

Off to work! I want some pink, purple, baby blue, flowers, butterflies, Ahhhh.....I'm tired of black and silver!

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
screeen2.jpg

Ok, this is Inkscape, and here's is the "SCAL" program that actually does the cutting. :

screen.jpg

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Remember, these are VERY rough, I made these in about 3 minutes, LOL. I'm going to work on them some more, fine tune them a little. Still, they turned out very good for a first try. Much better than I expected.

The first one is on a pass thru, and the second is a 510 battery that was rotten looking, lol. The paint had all rubbed off, it was a silver and black brindle.

IMG_2143-1.jpg

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
I use a Gerber Plotter and Vinyl Express software and have done a few as well. They seem to hold up pretty well over time except for the small pieces as they tend to start coming off over time if you get juice on them. I have a company that actually prints pictures on vinyl and the material used in doing car wraps which seems to stick and hold up better cause you can use heat to shrink it on and it sticks a ton better. One other thing ive dont that seems to help is use spray clear coat after the vinyl is on and it gives it a nice gloss as well as keeps the vinyl protected.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I downloaded Inkscape once to play around with it, and I think it's amazing for free software.

CorelDRAW 12 exports to SVG, is there some reason you prefer to use Inkscape to do the conversions?

I like CorelDRAW, mostly because it was my first experience with vector graphics (ver. 3, no instructions, no clue. Talk about a masochist!). Also, whenever a new version comes out, I always get the last version handed down from a family member. I still use it regularly, even though I'm not a graphic artist by profession.

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Dkrom68, you are waaaay above my head with that one, LOL! And way above my budget, too, lol.

Quasimod, I only had Corel(Illustrator) on my desktop, and never could quite 'get it". Everything I went to do was a pain in the .....

I'm not that much of a techie, so something simple is the best for me, LOL. My friend used Inkscape and he taught me the basics of it pretty quick. Its so easy to use for what I do.

Another free program that is pretty good is GIMP. I downloaded the 2.6 version, and I can not see the difference between it and photoshop. Now, I'm sure you guys could, but again,for what I use it for, its great. You can even use the "photoshop" brushes, etc. with it.

I don't have an Ego, send me the measurements and I'll make you one and send it to you and let you try it out.

Harleymedic, I'm pming you.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
And I think I can cut some custom vinyl overlays for e-cigs. I have a computer program that I can "design" with, and I'm thinking all I need to do is get some exact measurements and wha-la! Custom 510's, LOL!

I use this machine to sell custom graphics for cars, signs, wall words,etc. If I can get a pic on the computer of whatever you want, then I can cut it out, anywhere from 1/16 of an inch to 4-6 ft.

Has anyone done anything like this? Or does anyone already know EXACT sizes of batteries, atty's etc.?

Off to work! I want some pink, purple, baby blue, flowers, butterflies, Ahhhh.....I'm tired of black and silver!

I have thought of doing this. But I don't have the patience to sit and pick the teeny pieces.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
  • Lab
  • Deleted by Lightgeoduck
  • Reason: supplier post in wrong forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread