Eastern Kentucky
Perhaps I should make a e-cig version of this(my number one seller, lol):

20100521_1722.jpg

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Another free program that is pretty good is GIMP. I downloaded the 2.6 version, and I can not see the difference between it and photoshop. Now, I'm sure you guys could, but again,for what I use it for, its great. You can even use the "photoshop" brushes, etc. with it.

Congrats on using Free Software. :2cool: I noticed from your screen shot you're still using that Redmond OS though. :(

I'm not a wizard with either Inkscape or The GIMP, but then for my needs, I don't have to be.

I might have to play a bit on a possible stencil. Would be cool if my batts could fly the Gadsden flag, for example.

324productions

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
Monument, CO
I've always thought that flag would have had a lot more impact if it weren't so hideously ugly. I mean, that awful yellow... ugh!

gadsden_flag.gif

Maybe some kind of stylized version... without the yellow!

Could you use photoshop and substitute the yellow for white? Then make a template for a jantystick v3? I need all I can get from this Piece 'a.

BigDaddyRog

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Slidell, LA
www.facebook.com
I was looking at my chipped up atomizer just last night thinking about how skinz would be such a great idea THAT I BET NO ONE EVER THOUGHT OF YET(!!!!!!!!!) and got all excited about the idea, I even sent a message to Geoffe at TV telling him MY GREAT AND ORIGINAL IDEA and that he should start selling skins....now...Im so embarrassed. I guess Im not as edgey and original as I thought I was for the last 24 hours!!!

ANYWAY......dude.....I would buy a couple of sets from you if youre able to print on the vinyl. Please let me know if youd be interested in selling some stuff.

I use GIMP pretty extensively myself...Ive designed quite a few custom decals for some of my camping gear(see the photos in my profile) that Ive had printed and cut by over-priced local sign companies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
BigDaddyRog said:
I was looking at my chipped up atomizer just last night thinking about how skinz would be such a great idea THAT I BET NO ONE EVER THOUGHT OF YET(!!!!!!!!!) and got all excited about the idea, I even sent a message to Geoffe at TV telling him MY GREAT AND ORIGINAL IDEA and that he should start selling skins....now...Im so embarrassed. I guess Im not as edgey and original as I thought I was for the last 24 hours!!!

ANYWAY......dude.....I would buy a couple of sets from you if youre able to print on the vinyl. Please let me know if youd be interested in selling some stuff.

I use GIMP pretty extensively myself...Ive designed quite a few custom decals for some of my camping gear(see the photos in my profile) that Ive had printed and cut by over-priced local sign companies.

Oh gaaahhhdd. Coming from a 7 year Photoshop user, I recently had to download Gimp while I was away and the tools just were not up to par. I continued using it for the next 4 months seeing if I could get away with using gimp vs Photoshop but ehhh. No go. But it's good for some things.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Like I've mentioned, I've been getting the hand-me-down versions for years, but balked once Adobe started bundling it as "Creative Suite". It seemed like that was just WAY more than this old truck driver needed, for the little bit of dabbling I do with it. I occasionally get the urge to learn new software, though, so one of the "CS" versions is on the way (not sure if it's 1 or 2).

Nice to know you're a PS pro, Xanax: someone else I can pester with questions talk about PS with! :D

@ 324productions:

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, I lost this thread somewhere along the way. I don't know the dimensions of your Janty Stick, but a black and white version of that image is pretty easy to do. I attached one to this post, below.

Attachments

• BandWhite01.jpg
    BandWhite01.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 14

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
BigDaddyRog said:
Its good when you compare it to the price of PhoShop!!! :)
Absolutely. And it's pretty advanced for being a knockoff. If i'd never used Photoshop and if I wasn't such a PS junkie I'd pobably be thrilled with Gimp and Gimpshop (A knockoff of Gimp LOL!) but I can't help but compare every graphic design program to Photoshop. But Photoshop is soooo overpriced it's effing ridiculous. I've paid 2 grand to adobe in the past 4 years

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I had an idea for a re-interpretation of the Gadsden Flag meant for cylindrical objects, here's a quick knock-up that could use some refinement:

attachment.php

I simplified the detail quite a bit, hopefully enough that the cutting machine can handle it, and it can actually be applied by human hands, haha. I've applied vinyl signs to windows, but never had to remove little bits of vinyl as small as the interior of some of those letters will be. Xacto knives can only go so far...

EDIT: Nah, the more I think about it, the less I believe it can be done that size with vinyl.

Attachments

• GadsdenSpiral.jpg
    GadsdenSpiral.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread