I hugged my vapes today..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Just HAD to post this. I have had terrible cholesterol for many many years. It runs in my family, I take a medication that artificially raises cholesterol, and I smoked.

For about 11 years I was on cholesterol meds, it got so bad. I mean, I was not sky high, in fact my mother came to the doctor's appointment to be all like, "These numbers are not that bad, are they?"

My doc's response. "She is 29 and she smokes, so yes, they ARE that bad."

Anyway since about 4 years ago I have not taken meds for cholesterol (mainly because the one I was willing to use was too expensive on Medicare) and I also got no labs done ever (also, thanks to Medicare.....)

But I got my lab work back and I was fully expecting a panicked call from my doc saying I had to get back on my meds, stat.

Only not only am I healthy as a horse my liver, my kidneys (apparently). I am vitamin D deficient but I hear everyone is and I can just take a supplement. BUT my cholesterol numbers are like this:

Total C. 165 (normal range 100 to 199)
HDL 54 (normal, greater than 39)
LDL 93 (normal 0--99)
Triglycerides 90 (normal 0-149)
VLDL cholesterol 18 (5--40)

I have not had labs like this in so many years! I am thrilled to not have to add another med back in my regime.

I should add that the ONLY change I made was switching to vaping. I eat okay-- ISH but like I always have. I also exercise but I also did that when I smoked.

The only change was starting to vape. So I hugged my vapes today because vaping WORKS. Oh and also I vape MTL 18 mg nicotine, and use snus at work. So, I consume PLENTY of nic.

Anyone else have a "hug my vape" moment?

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
That’s outstanding!!! Give your vapes a hug for me, please.

I have always had high cholesterol also, and took meds for some time just to get my total down to 300. I started having a reaction to it, and quit taking it, never got on another. Been meaning to get it checked, but afraid to know. It’s familial as well as lifestyle for me, but I’m interested in seeing if I’ve had any improvement.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just HAD to post this. I have had terrible cholesterol for many many years. It runs in my family, I take a medication that artificially raises cholesterol, and I smoked.

For about 11 years I was on cholesterol meds, it got so bad. I mean, I was not sky high, in fact my mother came to the doctor's appointment to be all like, "These numbers are not that bad, are they?"

Anyway since about 4 years ago I have not taken meds for cholesterol (mainly because the one I was willing to use was too expensive on Medicare) and I also got no labs done ever (also, thanks to Medicare.....)

But I got my lab work back and I was fully expecting a panicked call from my doc saying I had to get back on my meds, stat.

Only not only am I healthy as a horse my liver, my kidneys (apparently). I am vitamin D deficient but I hear everyone is and I can just take a supplement. BUT my cholesterol numbers are like this:

LDL 93 (normal 0--99)

I have not had labs like this in so many years! I am thrilled to not have to add another med back in my regime.

I should add that the ONLY change I made was switching to vaping. I eat okay-- ISH but like I always have. I also exercise but I also did that when I smoked.

The only change was starting to vape. So I hugged my vapes today because vaping WORKS. Oh and also I vape MTL 18 mg nicotine, and use snus at work. So, I consume PLENTY of nic.

Anna
I'm like you. Triglicerids started high in my early 30s and cholesterol in my late 40. One thing that put me finally to have bad mobility is cholesterol meds. Vaping for me hasn't changed that, I need my meds and I can't take the ones that really matter. Nevertheless, keep on vaping!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Pretty much every damn day since the horrible smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis I'd had for a couple of decades went away shortly after switching to vaping.

I didn't think you were old enough to be on Medicare?

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

LDL 93 (normal 0--99)

Anna

That's awesome. I'm still waiting on my doc to call and say all my maladies have been cured. It's been a long wait but I know that call is coming any minute now. I am so excited. I'd even settle for, "your visits are free now".

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Congratulations Anna! :toast:
I had a hug my vape moment recently. I was told about 2 years or so ago I was showing signs of COPD. I dual used for a while then finally quit the coffin nails and switched to only vaping. Last time I saw my pulmonologist he said my lungs were clear with no sign of COPD! I love my vape!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread