Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Ok very confusing question but I'll take a swing at helping you. When the battery is done charging it should automatically shut off the charge. That's true both if you charge externally or thru the USB plug. Amps for a 18650 battery should be 20 for what your vaping. Three of the bes batteries are the LG hg2's, the Sony vtc6's, and the Samsung 30q's. Any of those three will last longest for how your vaping. I hope this helps because I wasn't sure what you were asking. Good luck

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I charge mine between .5 and 1 amp. I prefer the .5 but sometimes I'm impatient.

Welcome to the forum.
Oh I was way off, now I know what you were asking. With a 18650 you can charge at 1amp without much degradation. If you wanna be super safe go with .5, or .7 amps for charging

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Thumbs up for the previous posters. On a decent charger 1 amp is fine, though 0.5 is good too if you want to be extra cautious. It's at 1.5 - 2 A that batteries can start overheating, although it depends on the charger and on the batteries themselves. You can tell whether you're charging them at a healthy rate by how much they heat up. Warming up a bit is fine, getting hot is not.

ETA: I missed your other question. I'm not familiar with that charger, but the FastTech picture shows it charging with red LEDs above the batteries. I'd assume the LEDs would turn green when it's done as that's pretty much the standard.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread