Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Have you called yet? If we don't call we won't be heard. I told them I was against the vaping and flavor ban. But I'm one person. It can't be said enough. We ALL need to call. Maybe then they'll see they can lose their jobs if they continue to push these bans!

White house - 202-456-1414

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Only so much you can say about the Miami Dolphins or so Ive heard.

70944865_2828476090513655_5780416052110295040_n.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: DPLongo22

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
While I commend those that take actions such as these, I also see that my voice means nothing to these people. I know this isn't what people want to hear, but it is pretty much where we are at.

They clearly don't listen to reasoning or scientific research, proven by the many studies they have access to but choose to ignore.

They have no respect for public health, proven by their willingness to turn out the public to indisputably dangerous options like smoking while removing safer options like vaping.

And they have no respect for businesses, proven by their willingness to force thousands of businesses close their doors without solid indisputable proof that it needs to happen. They know this will financially ruin a sizable group of US citizens that are only trying to make a living by making others lives better, but that doesn't matter to them at all.

Since they are willing to go that far, my voice isn't going to be the straw that breaks that camel's back. Again, I respect and appreciate all that do take this action. But it is already getting to the "out of control” proportions and if doesn't get us at the federal level, it's looking like the state level will do it anyway.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
While I commend those that take actions such as these, I also see that my voice means nothing to these people. I know this isn't what people want to hear, but it is pretty much where we are at.

Since they are willing to go that far, my voice isn't going to be the straw that breaks that camel's back. Again, I respect and appreciate all that do take this action. But it is already getting to the "out of control” proportions and if doesn't get us at the federal level, it's looking like the state level will do it anyway.
I can understand your sentiments. However, if we all did nothing then we wouldn't have had the numbers to crash the White House switchboards. That got the GOP's attention, as the above links prove.

The March on Washington went well, too. Vape advocates were able to educate some of the policy makers, many who admitted they didn't understand the scope of the situation and had only seen what was on the news. Remember, there are opposing forces spreading their own narrative within their ranks. New networking and contacts were made with the policy makers and our vaping trade associations. Matt from Suck My Mod was pretty optimistic.

All of this happened because thousands of dedicated people came together for a common cause. Washington was NOT expecting this at all.

I appreciate your contributions on this forum, but you couldn't devote a hour to call the White House, contact your governor and state representatives to voice your opinion on your right to vape flavors, inevitably the right to vape?

Last edited:

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015

They clearly don't listen to reasoning or scientific research, proven by the many studies they have access to but choose to ignore.

Post modernism is alive and well, in both parties. Same reason the right can ignore the presidential candidate saying repeatedly "Do not believe the job reports, they are 90% lies" then magically the same positive job reports were true the day he took office, truth is just whatever you want to believe now, and the right is equally as guilty.

Logic won't work. Vote count might, but we are still a minority. Still, the vote could be close so we should reach out to reps and others. Might just be a .000001% push, but it can add up.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
but you couldn't devote a hour to call the White House
Honestly, I don't have an hour. I have an elderly grandmother and a son with cancer that live here and requires my full attention all day. I get a few minutes here and there, but never an hour.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
One call to the White House may not have an impact. One signature of a petition may not have an impact. One march may not have an impact. Collectively, they do have the power to change.

I applaud all who are putting forth an effort to oppose this flavour ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread