I just emailed Cigtechs.com suggesting a Tatroe Tank for the Iclear 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using e-cigs for years. I started with the Blu, went to the V2 (really liked it but lost it on the train when i fell asleep [its a 90 min ride and it was really late and i had worked all day] and it slipped out of my pocket), and had the SS Choice No. 7. After going through all of those, I finally switched to a PV.

I am currently waiting on my VAMO V3 to get here, but what I have works for now.

Personally, I was, and still am, a large fan of the Kanger ProTank. The only problem is the fact that it is glass. I went to put my phone in my pocket one day and dropped my setup and I can tell you when a ProTank hits the ground it sounds like you just dropped a lightbulb. Durability being a bit of an issue since I am prone to dropping things and I work as a stagehand and end up doing a fair amount of labor. A short search for a replacement tank turned up the Tatroe tank mod. Mine just came in the mail yesterday, had I known they were only 15 miles away I would have just driven, lol. But to the point. My current setups that I use are a ProTank with a 1.8Ω coil, a Tatroe tank with ProTank base and coil at 1.8Ω, and a SMOKtech pyrex DCT.

I have not tried the iClear 30, mainly because I dont want to worry about any of the juices cracking the plastic. Not an issue with the Tatroe tank, as its made of SS (Stainless Steel). Also not an issue with the ProTank as its pyrex, same with the SMOKtech pyrex DCT.

If you want to use your own drip tips, I would go with either the SMOKtech Pyrex DCT or the Tatroe tank as they both produce clouds of vapor, have a decent draw (bit looser on the tatroe tank with PT base, didnt order the Tatroe base and coils as I have one working PT and one busted top but functioning base, and a bunch of spare coils for the PT), and you can use your own drip tips on both. I have heard a lot about the AGA series, but im not looking to go that route myself yet. Im pretty good with my hands when it comes to electronics, construction, just about anything, but I prefer having everything just ready to go right away.

I am a HUGE fan of my Tatroe tank. Really nice machining, looks and feels very well made. The fact that you can use your own drip tip is also a plus. I say go for it, I have seen threads that say to clean the absolute hell out of them before using (cutting oils and such), and I didnt care to find out if they were right or not. I soaked mine in vinegar for ~15 min then boiled it for another 15 min. No funky tastes what so ever. Cant go wrong with the Tatroe tank. I am a fan of the SMOKtech DCT also though.

IIRC, the base of the iClear will NOT fit the Tatroe tank, so youll have to buy the tank, base, and coils. Not exactly cheap, but not all that expensive considering how long its going to last you (its SS remember).

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I have an iClear 30 coming soon from a CoOp on here (getting antsy...), and if I like the iClear...I'd probably buy a Tatroe iClear mod. I have two of the Tatroe tanks and love them. CigTechs are stand up vendors as well. Ugh...gear acquisition syndrome...on the waiting list for an eVic base mod from them.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
They got back to me. Apparently there has already been a lot of demand and it's in the works! This is something I'm looking forward to.

Ah. Darn. I was reading through the posts trying to see if anyone posted the answer yet because I could have actually contributed! Haha.
While I was in the shop Friday night, someone asked the same thing and they said it was in the works. Which makes me super excited because I LOVE their ProTank Tatroe Tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread