bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Hey all,
I did a bulk order with other ECF members from CT, a few months ago

I just recieved a bill from DHL for $55; 3months after I recieved my order

Is this normal? Anyone else have this happen?

Seems odd that I wasn't charged duty when the package first hit the border 3 months ago

Remind me never to use DHL! 8-o

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
I can only vouch for the UK but this isn't that uncommon, all they are doing is deferring the import duty (or something similar) so that you get your parcel without having to pay first. If you think about it, all goods imported levy some kind of duty, it's crazy to think that they don't. I must admit though, 3 months is a long time :D

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I had heard of people in the UK as well as other countries having to pay duty, but I have never heard of anyone here having to pay duty on a foriegn shipment, I'm an online shop-a-holic I get crap from delivered from other countries all the time, never had to pay

Well I just got off the phone with those .......s over at DHL and they say I got to pay, they also said the reason why it took so long is because they don't know if a duty was charged till they get an invoice from the government agency in charge

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
The tracking#'s they gave me never worked, so I have no clue of the status of the packages as they crossed customs

I recieved 3 seperate bundles of boxes, I think 6 or 8 in total

Some of them were delivered by DHL others were delivered by USPS

It's been so long I'm not sure wat was what and I no longer have the invoice

But according to the customs declaration they put the value at $2,000

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
There is a duty on every shipment and it is usually calculated in the original shipping cost..That is why a value must be assigned to every international,package...If it is marked as a gift the duty is assigned differently and Im not sure what the differences are...DHL does have an 800 number in Cincinati which is their Gateway office...Although there is sometimes a long wait, I have found them to be VERY helpful with problems in the past...Ask for Jenny, shes really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread