The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I just got back from my Doctor..........

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Mr.Whitecloud, Feb 24, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mr.Whitecloud

Mr.Whitecloud Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Richmond B.C
    I just got back from my doctor,it was time for my yearly physical.All went well accept when I heard the rubber glove snap.....anyway that's another story.I told my Doctor whom I have been seeing for well over 25 yrs and told him I had finally quit smoking....I thought he was going to drop dead on the floor.It was about time he said... been trying for years to get me to quit.He asked me how I finally did it so I showed him my E-cig and gave him a demonstration right in the exam room I explained the contents and he said there was no health risks other than the Nicotine restricting the blood flow,but he said caffine can do that as well.He checked my lungs and said I can't hear any wheezing like I used too.I told him I no longer cough,starting to get my endurance back....I don't huff n puff climbing stairs.He told me to keep it up and could not be happier.I explained to him that Health Canada is trying to ban the sale of these,he said he would write a letter to HC and explain the benefits of E-Cigs.I think we got another Doctor on our side and another win against Health Canada.Vape on people :D

2. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Bravo WC :thumbs:

Some sobering thoughts here are req'd. Many physician support the fact that we no longer smoke (my Dr included). OTOH they are on the fence wrt vaping by profession, very few support it entirely. My doctor had a caniption sort of when she found out I was still on nic, but welcomed the steps I have taken to reduce nic intake from 30 down to 6mg.

3. Hitmetwice

Hitmetwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    A little off topic here but am I the only one that finds the female doctors with
    rubber gloves on act like they are on a search and destroy mission.

I mean really, not even a kiss or anything! Sheesh!

I feel so violated!

Cheers Hitme:vapor::vapor:

4. Lori68

Lori68 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2011
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Great to hear your physical went good :)! I know my health has improved ever since I quit cigarettes and started vaping.

5. gumchewer

gumchewer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's another 25 bucks at MY doctor's office.

6. gumchewer

Seriously though, My heartrate went from a constant 80 to around 63 at rest.

7. VAPOINSANO

VAPOINSANO Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2010
    Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
    I usually leave a Tip $ ! ;)

Congratz Mr.W :toast:
    Cannot Buy your Health !

8. ctourtelot

ctourtelot Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Awesome news! It's always great to hear when doctors are on board :)

9. Darkside77

Darkside77 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2011
    Bruno SK
    My sister who is a MD has been very supportive of my change from cigs to vaping and has said many times how much safer vaping is than an analog. Congrats Mr.Whitecloud on a good physical and cheers to many more to come.

10. wreimer

wreimer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    I had a similar discussion with my Doc shortly after Christmas. He's Russian, and a fairly new arrival in Canada. He'd never heard of vaping before, and was very interested in the whole concept. He asked me to find any info I could on the content of juice ( I use 100% VG BTW). I found what I could and dropped it off to him.
    He reviewed everything...actually did a fair bit of research, since he's that sort of guy. He said that although there were a few things that concerned him a bit, on balance everything he saw pointed to a MUCH healthier alternative to smoking.
    He was very candid; he said he wouldn't recommend this as an alternative for cigarettes, but for the same reasons he doesn't recommend the patch, gum or lozenges...it doesn't eliminate nicotine dependency, only changes the delivery method. That said, he was VERY happy that I'd ditched the analogs, and urged me to keep it up, keep reducing the nicotine levels, and ideally quit completely.

11. Hosedragger

Hosedragger Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Lynn, MA
    glad you are keeping with it

12. aggo

aggo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Yeah, a while ago I told my regular doctor and naturopathic doctor about switching to vaping and they just said "uhhh.......ok". Obviously didn't know anything about it at the time. I had a lung x-ray done a few years ago I'd like to get another done. I definitely feel some improvements.

13. rolandpibb

rolandpibb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    British Columbia
    Even after 3 months of vaping over smoking, I could sing higher and lower notes than I could reach before.

14. torozzgrl

torozzgrl Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2011
    Ontario
    Great news!! :) I've been vaping for just over 4mths and still get sinus infections (that I was sure would stop once I quit smoking) ...anyway, about 2 mths ago I was at the doc's for my sinuses and told him I quit and told him how and showed him my provari. I gave him a demonstration as well and he just chuckled and said 'well lets see how long this lasts'. He's been our family doc for 20+ yrs and has tried time and time again to get me to quit. At one point I was on nicorette gum on and off as well as smokes (not at the same time) and he said I could chew that for the rest of my life and it won't kill me. Not harmful at all. So..last week I was there again for another sinus infection and he mentioned smoking and I said I told you 2 mths ago that I quit so he looks it up in his computer and says oh yeah! I pulled out my trusted provari and showed him again. This time though, he stuck his nose right into the vape I was exhaling. He couldn't smell a thing haha and then said "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE QUIT!" ( VERY LOUDLY) then congratulated me, told me my e-cig looks ridiculous (lol - and really it does) and said Keep it up! I should have asked him to write a letter to HC too! :)

15. Switched

Switched ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    4 some reason, I knew you would hit this one :banana: :toast: I'd give a tip too ;)

16. Mr.Whitecloud

Mr.Whitecloud Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Richmond B.C
    Do I smell astro glide........no doctor I will be good.......owwwwwwwwwie and your hands are cold:D

17. Lori68

Lori68 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2011
    Maple Ridge, BC
    But was it good for you too. ;)

18. Bullmastiffguy

Bullmastiffguy Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2012
    Trochu,Alberta
    Quitting cigarettes is quitting cigarettes and less money in a large corporations pocket, not to mention the Government puts a smile on my face. 1 week smoke free and I don't crave cigs anymore, and am breathing much easier. Wish I knew about this sooner.

19. shockabsorber

shockabsorber Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2012
    Montreal
    This post goes out to Mr.Whitecloud and any others who may have a similar story concerning their GP. The ECTA, if I'm not mistaken, is asking people to submit stories like yours for their database to use in their case for the lifting of the "prohibition" on E-cigarettes. Whitecloud, if you haven't done so already, I'm sure that the good people over at ECTA would LOVE to hear a more detailed version of that story. I am incredibly happy for all of us to be off the stink stix and on to better, vapier things.

20. gumchewer

How long can we figure before Phillip Morris starts making e-juice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.