taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
I JUST GOT MY SILVER BULLET!!!

So here i am, sitting here vaping on my new Silver Bullet from Altsmoke.com

My first thoughts on opening the package and pulling it out were that i LOVE the look.. it doesn't try to look too fancy.. VERY economical in build.. and definately looks and feels solid. Once you have one in hand... you will see where it gets it's name. Beauty through simplicity.

Now.. as a quick warning.. i had CR2 batteries onhand.. so i didn't require the batteries that normally come with the SB.. but as of right now.. Rob is advising to not use the 6 volts with 510 atomizer because rumor has it people have commented that 510 atts don't do well on 6 volt. (i.e. killz them dead dead dead!!) Not being one to listen to advice though.. i am using the SB with 510 atomizer and 2 CR2 batteries equalling 6 volts.

So i remove my ever so carefully packaged SB from it's bubblewrap prison.. pull two fully charged CR2 batteries from my charger.. open the SB and insert the batteries.. Now as I am installing the batteries is where it becomes evident that it's not QUITE built for CR2, The SB is a little wide for them, and the spring in the bottom is a bit too extended, BUT, no fear.. the extension of the spring helps hold the batteries in place, so there is no wobble, and is also "springy" enough to accept the compression of the slight added length of battery. (quick hint here.. when inserting the batteries.. put them into the bottom half, place the top on them.. and push down until it is fully touching before turning to screw tight)

Now comes the fun part... i find in my packaging that Rob sent me 2 510 atomizers to use for the testing, (knowing i was planning on going 6 volt im sure the second one was a "just in case" deal LOL) and had also topped them with some RY4 for me (again the 6 volt concern.. btw.. i have now finally tried RY4.. and while it was OK.. i'm really not seeing what everybody raves about) Anyway.. i screw the atty onto the SB.. very straightforward.. anybody who has used a PV will easily accomplish this task. hehehe..

I put the SB to my lips... carefully hit the button.. and there is a VERY LOUD sizzling sound which scares me into removing my finger from the button.. (yes.. it DID cause a faint moment of fear) I sit there hoping i haven't burned the atomizer out on my first try.. i gently depress the button again.. SIZZLEFEST.. i release the button. I have at this moment determined that mayhaps it might be a good idea to do a small fresh top off.. y'know.. wet it up a little bit before just diving in like a brute. :) So i drop a few drops of unflavored 36mg juice i had sitting nearby into the cart just for wetting it up a bit and then apply maybe 3-4 drops into the atomizer.. i replace the cart and hit the button and i can hear it trying to sizzle.. but i have obviously just overdone the topping off. GOOD NEWS.. I am far from scared to get a little liquid straight up.. so i go ahead and try it anyways.. so once again i lift the SB to my lips.. insert the cartridge end into my vapesucker.. hit the button.. and MY GOD that is a full vape. I have owned a Magnum mod forever now. My Magnum is my badboy.. my goto guy.. my vaping life in solid form, and it has now been officially shelved as a backup because the SB REALLY kicked it's ....

This mod is THE shiznit.. it is cool/dope/awesome/stunning/perfect/and many other adjectives all in one. It is a little heavier than my Magnum.. but hey.. it aint no flashlight DUH! The SB is comfortable to hold, and the button is in the perfect spot. Speaking of the button.. unlike some "other" production mods (and i am far from trying to bash so i won't mention by name.. but we all know) the button on the SB has a recessed button that requires one to push it slightly past the top of it's holder.. so no accidental fireups. I'm not going to bother checking if sitting it on a metal surface is going to fire it up because the button is quite OBVIOUSLY recessed enough that it cannot make that contact unless you do it on purpose.. or i'd even go the route of stupid enough to find the one and only section of metal in the world that can make that contact and place the SB there.

The Vaper from the SB is intense.. for those that have heard the higher voltage mods are cutting peoples nicotine intake in half... this mod may well do just that. Flavor.. well.. mine is running at 6 volts, and yeah, standard pg formulated juice is probably going to burn the flavor up rather quick.. my advice.. grab some food grade VG at your local health food store and add it to the pg formula and it helps keep the flavoring around longer. I put my batteries in it at around 11:30 am.. it is currently 5:30ish and i just NOW had to change out the batteries.. and yeah.. i vape heavily! (2xCR2@800 mah)(see above where i top off with unflavored 36mg)

Now i know this has been a little bit of a long review, (and just think... it's just the inital preliminary review) and i'm sure some are getting tired of reading it.. so i'm going to finish up real quick.. because i still have a video review to think out.. and amazingly.. i actually have a life too. LOL

This mod will be worth every penny paid for it.. i have been told the price is $137.99 for kit and $99 for just the basic SB no batteries or atomizers... it is a fair price for a PV that will most likely last you forever. I believe Rob did an AWESOME job of paying attention to what his friends/customers wanted.. and he fully delivered!! so in parting..

THANK YOU ROB!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
a few pics to tide you over

l_35f72770e0f94e60b0bfa1d9777de894.jpg

l_e46d1fccdf524244a0dda301b7a393d8.jpg

l_f028021f9ff4491eaf6053097ed11573.jpg

l_8fe0035e8efa4de6a9724eeac7d69c33.jpg

l_4768e1d432ad4ce5959f7506b7dc9fce.jpg

xhorntail

Apr 6, 2009
I posted this in another SB review, but I gotta say, with all the hype on this one, I'm a bit impatient too, so I think I'll post it here too, as I haven't received an answer over there.

Does there appear to be any circuitry in the unit?
The investment is high enough for me that I wanna be sure I won't brick it if it goes for a swim.. I work for a saltwater aquarium company, doing installations and maintenance for local businesses, and the fact that I don't smell like smoke, and can possibly smoke inside while I work is one of the things that turned me on to vaping.
Unfortunately, i've lost too many phones/notepads/car-alarm clickers to the interior decoration of a sea creatures home. So does there appear to be any circuitry, or will i be set if this thing goes deep sea diving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread