Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Soooooo....

I'm gearing up for the woodvil sale on Saturday (okay, okay- just trying to weed out the competition) and I was thinking about how best to have a good outcome come the moment (I'm quite chuffed - it's my first reo 'event').

I landed on the thought that I should prep by getting all the accouterments to go with the woody out of the way - that way, all I need to do on the day is pull the trigger on the device itself. Even if I don't end up getting one, all that stuff would be useful, no?

So I'm loading up my cart with an atty, some spare this and that, a little kanthal... and this mini catches my eye. She's not like the others in the whelping box. Bright orange. Very precocious. Mischievous glint in her eye.

I had to.

The little beauty will be joining the (now 2) atties, kanthal, buttons, and bottles on a journey to the frozen north. With luck, she'll be here by the day of the woody sale.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
Soooooo....

I'm gearing up for the woodvil sale on Saturday (okay, okay- just trying to weed out the competition) and I was thinking about how best to have a good outcome come the moment (I'm quite chuffed - it's my first reo 'event').

I landed on the thought that I should prep by getting all the accouterments to go with the woody out of the way - that way, all I need to do on the day is pull the trigger on the device itself. Even if I don't end up getting one, all that stuff would be useful, no?

So I'm loading up my cart with an atty, some spare this and that, a little kanthal... and this mini catches my eye. She's not like the others in the whelping box. Bright orange. Very precocious. Mischievous glint in her eye.

I had to.

The little beauty will be joining the (now 2) atties, kanthal, buttons, and bottles on a journey to the frozen north. With luck, she'll be here by the day of the woody sale.

Adopt me... pretty please?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I no the feeling Papa_Lazarou I get this way with guitars its like a monster gnawing at me . It says things like you no you want a new les paul . I say but but I already have one .This goes on daily its a constant battle for me

Hmmm... so if I could score you a vintage strat before Friday, that would go a long way towards ensuring I get the woody I have my eye on, no?

And I might add that there is a little part of me that's glad you, too, have a fever for something, since you've inflicted this on so many of us. :)

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
Hmmm... so if I could score you a vintage strat before Friday, that would go a long way towards ensuring I get the woody I have my eye on, no?

And I might add that there is a little part of me that's glad you, too, have a fever for something, since you've inflicted this on so many of us. :)

time to start searching for les pauls... and stats... i mean... guitars you say...

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Soooooo....

I had to.

Um ya coulda save yourself $30 and sent Rob a pm to ship with your woody :lol: silly Canuck.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
When you're waiting on Reomail, and its not in your hand, and it could have been, its gonna cost a lot more than $30 to get through the night :p I know I've been there :)

Stranger than the sunrise
Darker than the night
Fiercer than a rainstorm
This is man's delight

Weaker than a moment
And hot as any fire
Blinder than the blind eye
This is man's desire

-Uriah Heep

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
When you're waiting on Reomail, and its not in your hand, and it could have been, its gonna cost a lot more than $30 to get through the night :p I know I've been there :)

Stranger than the sunrise
Darker than the night
Fiercer than a rainstorm
This is man's delight

Weaker than a moment
And hot as any fire
Blinder than the blind eye
This is man's desire

-Uriah Heep

Today my Grand arrives... the wait has been horrid... (not Robs fault no fingers pointed) I must have it... when it arrives... must get out of work today, i mean my wife can sign for it and should have it in hand anywhere from an hour to a half hour before i get home... but i must have it when it arrives...

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Today my Grand arrives... the wait has been horrid... (not Robs fault no fingers pointed) I must have it... when it arrives... must get out of work today, i mean my wife can sign for it and should have it in hand anywhere from an hour to a half hour before i get home... but i must have it when it arrives...

Congrats, Wickeddeuce. You're going to love the Grand. Good luck getting out of work as early as possible.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
Soooooo....

I had to.

Congrats on the new arrival.

As I've previously mentioned, I received #6 just last week, a Raw tumbled aluminum and I love her. I also got the IGO atty and surprisingly, I love it! To me, it is easier to thread the coil into the posts as well as it hits just like an RM2. The only thing that bothered me was that the outside post seems almost so close to the wall of the cap but it apparently is not an issue. Also as the cap just pushes on, you can put the hole anywhere you want, easily. It is also interesting how the juice is squonked through the base of the center post at the base of the atty which is where I place one of my cotton tails. Works like a charm. No leaks and hits great. I think I'm going to have to get me a couple more.

In terms of REO's, number 6 arrived and the wife and I are already looking at getting a couple more. Perhaps selling off her 2 minis as she is really liking the Grand I have been letting her 'use'. It is an addiction.........a sick, sick addiction. One which I love though.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Congrats on the new arrival.

As I've previously mentioned, I received #6 just last week, a Raw tumbled aluminum and I love her. I also got the IGO atty and surprisingly, I love it! To me, it is easier to thread the coil into the posts as well as it hits just like an RM2. The only thing that bothered me was that the outside post seems almost so close to the wall of the cap but it apparently is not an issue. Also as the cap just pushes on, you can put the hole anywhere you want, easily. It is also interesting how the juice is squonked through the base of the center post at the base of the atty which is where I place one of my cotton tails. Works like a charm. No leaks and hits great. I think I'm going to have to get me a couple more.

In terms of REO's, number 6 arrived and the wife and I are already looking at getting a couple more. Perhaps selling off her 2 minis as she is really liking the Grand I have been letting her 'use'. It is an addiction.........a sick, sick addiction. One which I love though.

Yes, I remember giving you a :shock: in your thread announcing #6. Good for you. I don't think I'm going to get there (I keep telling myself), but I do apparently have the sickness. The raw tumbled is a bold choice.

Thanks, as well, for the heads up on the IGO - it's one of the two I got with this order. I just felt I'd always wonder if I didn't try one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread