I just killed a KGO battery and my charger in one shot. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
This particular kit is barely a week new-to-me. I had a battery on the wall charger; it was charged so I went to unscrew it. The battery just twirled in the charger socket - both ways - wouldn't tighten and wouldn't loosen. So I gave it a little tug...and it came apart with twisted wires and part of the charger socket jammed into the battery socket.

So I guess this is covered by warranty but my main question is: is this a common issue, and if so is there an easier fix than twirling the components around, then giving them an irritated tug?

VegasVaporz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Las Vegas
Those ego style chargers have always been a problem. They are made of plastic and are very fragile. Unfortunately, I can only suggest getting it warrantied for now. You might want to look into getting a pv with a removable battery. One thing though, when you screw your battery on to charge it, turn it left a quarter turn as if you were unscrewing it. You will hear a little click. That means the threads on the battery and the threads in the battery charger are lined up properly. Once you hear the click, turn right and screw the battery onto the charger. Do not tighten it a lot. Over tightening the battery into the charger could strip the threads that could have been the original problem you experienced. If you need any further help, feel free to pm me! Good luck

VegasVaporz
Get your mouth off my driptip...
YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread