Not open for further replies.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Hey all, pretty new here.

I've been getting really frustrated with my PV lately.

When I first started, my very first clearo was a Kanger T2 and it wasn't bad at all. Flavor was great, no issues, some leaking but no horribly bad and fixable. The wick ran out so instead of getting replacements I decided to try something different. I picked up the protank mini 1 which was HORRIBLE. The seal on the bottom of the glass broke and e juice poured out the bottom. The metal mouthpiece also tasted disgusting and the hit was way too airy. (I like a tight draw). I picked up another T2 to replace that and it was just fine until I spilled chocolate e juice into my fruity flavor and ruined the wicks after trying to clean them.

I just picked up a Vivi Nova yesterday and it was good to start with, until I started getting the famous plasticy nasty taste. I fiddled with the wicks, replaced it with the 2.8ohm head that came with it, dripped 2 drops to prime it, and now it just gurgles and leaks everywhere. I now have no tanks that work. I'm about ready to give up and go back to cigarettes. I just want a nice looking tank, with a medium tight draw, good flavor and no wicking issues. Preferring bottom coil wicks because every .......*ng time I "tilt n swirl" i just get leaks.

Please just recommend me a good beginner clearo. Considering just picking up 3-4 Kanger T2s cause they seem to be the ones with the least amount of problems..

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
You should try a Kanger eVod or T3S. I've been using them since January and they work really good. I have wicking problems every once in a while, but its usually easily fixable.

J.R.

Thanks for your help!

Does the T3S have a nice tight-ish draw?

And what kind of wicking problems do you have?

I was looking at the protank II but again a semi-tight air draw is a must for me. The draw on the T2 is perfect. Nova is also great with the draw.

Bottom coil clearos seem like the way to go so I may stick with those..

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Thanks for your help!

Does the T3S have a nice tight-ish draw?

And what kind of wicking problems do you have?

I was looking at the protank II but again a semi-tight air draw is a must for me. The draw on the T2 is perfect. Nova is also great with the draw.

Bottom coil clearos seem like the way to go so I may stick with those..

A lot of people say the T3S has an airy draw like most bottom coils, but I'm used to it and don't notice. My eVod and T3S do gurgle a little once in while. I just have to blow air through it a couple of times from the battery end and I'm good to go.

J.R.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
The mini protank 2 is ok, I have the protank 2 and it is kind of airy. People say that the protank 2 is not as airy as the first but I never tried the first one. I have an ego cc clearomizer. Perfect draw and it's great. I use it on my evic and ego c battery. The protank 2 hasn't gotten used in a long time. Check Cignot for a ego cc clearomizer. I swear you will love it. Tons of vapor and great taste, no airy draw.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
The mini protank 2 is ok, I have the protank 2 and it is kind of airy. People say that the protank 2 is not as airy as the first but I never tried the first one. I have an ego cc clearomizer. Perfect draw and it's great. I use it on my evic and ego c battery. The protank 2 hasn't gotten used in a long time. Check Cignot for a ego cc clearomizer. I swear you will love it. Tons of vapor and great taste, no airy draw.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

That looks like a quality clearo but way too long. I have a Spinner which is already long in my opinion. May be a second choice

Switch to a good glass carto-tank. Better consistency, no maintenance, no cleaning and no hassle. A $2.00 carto will last 10-14 days.

I would do that except I want decent flavor and vapor production, plus clearos are just cool. :(

I'm running to my local shop after work today to grab 2 or so emergency T2s. They don't carry the T3s so I will have to order those. Will be using plain old T2 I guess until I can find a real quality tank. Those have yet to really fail me. I just wanted something more sophisticated xD

Last edited:

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
My fave is my protank 2, but yeah it's a little airy, though you can change the drip tip since you don't like metal. I've read that people put toothpicks in the holes, but I've gotten used to it. The evod is a really good one. I also like the Smoktech Aro. Pyrex is my fave so far. Not too airy, but doesn't have a removable drip tip and it's metal. That just doesn't bother me. The price is definitely right on that one.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

I would do that except I want decent flavor and vapor production, plus clearos are just cool................................

Then I would guess you have never used a good carto-tank set-up as many have found they provide better flavor, better throat hit and definitely much better consistency. On the "cool" factor, that is just a matter of personal preference that it appears you are paying for with frustration. Each to his own.:)

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Then I would guess you have never used a good carto-tank set-up as many have found they provide better flavor, better throat hit and definitely much better consistency. On the "cool" factor, that is just a matter of personal preference that it appears you are paying for with frustration. Each to his own.:)

You are talking about cartridges that have a new atty in each one right? Like the old 510 style?

Excuse me if I'm wrong. I don't know much about vaping.

I seem to gravitate toward Kanger a lot. Does anyone have the T3S and have any problems? The iClear as Suzas above me mentioned does seem interesting

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You are talking about cartridges that have a new atty in each one right? Like the old 510 style?

Excuse me if I'm wrong. I don't know much about vaping.

I seem to gravitate toward Kanger a lot. Does anyone have the T3S and have any problems? The iClear as Suzas above me mentioned does seem interesting

Here is one example of a good glass carto-tank using any one of the many cartos made to be used in it and then replaced:

The Skinny Phinny - Phiniac Glass

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
+1 on the Kanger T3S and Evods. I've been using the same T3S for months with very little issues besides occasional gurgling (which is an easy fix). The draw is a little on the airy side but I personally prefer a little of an airy draw. I would look on Discount Vapers if your having a hard time finding them, they have a large variety of clearo's.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
+1 on the Kanger T3S and Evods. I've been using the same T3S for months with very little issues besides occasional gurgling (which is an easy fix). The draw is a little on the airy side but I personally prefer a little of an airy draw. I would look on Discount Vapers if your having a hard time finding them, they have a large variety of clearo's.

Thanks for this. I will be going with one of those. What is the difference between T3S and MT3s? Does M mean mini? I see that the M version has a shell over it too..?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Thanks for this. I will be going with one of those. What is the difference between T3S and MT3s? Does M mean mini? I see that the M version has a shell over it too..?

The M stands for metal. That's the only real difference between a T3S and MT3S. The metal sleeve does make it a little bigger around. The eVod is a lot like a MT3S except its smaller.

J.R.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
The M stands for metal. That's the only real difference between a T3S and MT3S. The metal sleeve does make it a little bigger around. The eVod is a lot like a MT3S except its smaller.

J.R.

Gotcha. Went ahead and picked up a 5 pack of T3S with 5 replacement heads included for 30 bucks! Messaged the seller on eBay before I bought and he assured me they were bought directly from Kangertech and all coils are 2.5ohms. Can't wait!

Edit: I picked up a disposable Saturn V2 from my local vape place for 7 bucks until my T3s gets here and the flavor and vapor production is almost double that of my $13 nova.

LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread