I just ordered a Pilot from PureSmoker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-Ball

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
I was holding out for the Dura automatic, but the posting by Steve and Daniel here and the obvious customer service, the functioning website, the availability of 50ml juice at a true discount, the lack of $6 surcharge using PayPal, the apparent e-worthiness of the product contrasted with Janty's recent nightmares, the competitive pricing on parts, etc. swayed me to the Pilot as my first foray into this Vapo-Madness... did I mention the recent tobacco tax and my health...

The only thing I'm worried about is the apparent lack of a throat hit and that I may have ordered the juice too strong... 36mg... but then I've been smoking Camel unfiltered for 35 years... not sure...

Pilot Hybrid
Extra battery
2 extra atomizers
2 packs of 555 carts 18mg
1 50ml True Menthol 36mg
1 50ml Riskee 36mg
1 50ml True Menthol 36mg
1 30ml Energee 36mg

I've been doing my homework, watched a million videos... and Spikey's new one which is excellent and another reason for going with the Pilot...

How'd I do...

Dammit.... forgot the syringe and needle...

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
Pretty much what I ordered, only I ordered 24mg juice. Just a word of caution with the 36mg strength. I take 5 really deep puffs and I'm high super buzzed. So if you just want the high, 36mg is the way to go; otherwise, if you enjoy the act of smoking, you might want to consider a lower amount of nicotine in the future.

Just my 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt. Enjoy!

8-Ball

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Pretty much what I ordered, only I ordered 24mg juice. Just a word of caution with the 36mg strength. I take 5 really deep puffs and I'm high super buzzed. So if you just want the high, 36mg is the way to go; otherwise, if you enjoy the act of smoking, you might want to consider a lower amount of nicotine in the future.

Just my 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt. Enjoy!

Thanks, maybe I'll email Steve and have him change it to 24...

SannerSays

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
Arizona
www.wetyourstick.com

Might not be a bad idea.

Looks like a great starting order though!! All of that juice will last you a good while! No real need for the syringe though. You can just drip into the carts on the Pilot just fine. Just push that cart up the mouth piece with a paperclip. That's all I have ever done. By your order it does sure look like you did your research! Enjoy the Pilot, I know you will!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Yep, that looks like a well considered order to me. The eliquid is very strong and might make you sick or raise your tolerance. You could get some propylene glycol or glycerine and flavourings to cut it down a bit or try to change the order. It's good to have some strong on hand for cravings but for continual use I'd suggest low or zero.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...93-nicotine-strength-question.html#post111439

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/5066-eliquid-recepies.html

Don't make that decision based on what any one else says but you. We all have different tolerances to this drug we're addicted to. I have 24mg and wish I would've ordered 36mg. I have to almost constantly vape to keep my nic steady. Take it from a fellow hi-tolerance guy and stick with the 36mg. You can always cut it with glycerin if needed. If you go too low, the only option is gluing the ecig to your lips and mouth-breathing deeply all day. JM2C

I don't think I would change all of your e-liquid to 24mg...Maybe half of it. I've smoked about a pack and a half a day of Kool Milds for over 30 years and I can vape 24mg non-stop and not get a buzz. I just ordered some 36mg so I can vape and want to put it down for awhile...I don't want to vape non-stop to keep my addiction satisfied. You may find that if you mix half 36mg and half 24mg (that would equal 30mg) it would be just right for you if the 36mg is too strong. If it is, like I said, you can always cut the strength back by adding some PG or VG and maybe some flavoring to find what is just right for you.

udave

ECF Veteran
Sounds like a nice order! If you liked real menthol cigarettes at all you will love the True Menthol liquid, that stuff is perfect! I use low (11mg) liquid though, I'm afraid of that super high stuff.

And like SannerSays said, don't worry about the syringe and needle, they aren't necessary. The Pilot carts are a breeze to top off and refill.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
8-Ball, if you consider cutting your ejuice with glycerine, you'll also effectively double your quantity...therefore cutting cost as well.

of course that's a trade off between...do you NEED more nicotine to feed your addiction, or will you smoke MORE lower fluid to keep up with your addiction.

it may work out the same for you, or you may find that you're getting faster nic to your body and not need the higher amount. it really is a personal thing for everyone, but cutting your fluid with glycerine helps the wallet at least :)

also...even a few drops here and there really helps with vapor production.

Yay Pilot rules lol!

I say... switch one menthol to 16 or 11 and mix with the 36 that way you could use it full in the morning and lower in the daytime. You will only end up increasing your nic intake if u use 36. Read Kate's link in the newbie section on how much nic juice = how many cigs (or you could just switch them all to 24). Most people think they need 36.. but almost no one needs it. You will find you vape WAY more often than u smoked because you ca do it just about anywhere so you get much more nic per day then u think you will.

EDIT: all this was said in my video... weren't you paying attention? LOL :)

8-Ball

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Yay Pilot rules lol!

I say... switch one menthol to 16 or 11 and mix with the 36 that way you could use it full in the morning and lower in the daytime. You will only end up increasing your nic intake if u use 36. Read Kate's link in the newbie section on how much nic juice = how many cigs (or you could just switch them all to 24). Most people think they need 36.. but almost no one needs it. You will find you vape WAY more often than u smoked because you ca do it just about anywhere so you get much more nic per day then u think you will.

EDIT: all this was said in my video... weren't you paying attention? LOL :)

I think I got distracted about then...:rolleyes:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
8-Ball,

You Will Be Fine With Your New Pilot Order!!

I got mine from Steve a week ago, Its a nice thin style e-cig with pretty good vape, I say its a keeper!

Lay back & enjoy it, you don't need the syringe / needle, it's more of pain in the .... at times, but you can get them at CVS, Walmart, etc a or Electronic Hobby Stores (with needle) if you really want right away.

You can have a lot of fun experimenting with your juices, don't be afraid to experiment, you will find your sweet spot!

Keep Vapin!

Last edited:

ninjapuff

Nov 28, 2008
That's quite a bit of 36mg, but I'm sure you'll find a way to use it. Just to put it in perspective, the "high strength" Pilot cartridges are 18mg, which is half the nic content of the 36mg.

Since you're used to no-filters, your gut instinct is probably right to start out with the 36mg until you're off the analogs, and then you can cut the nic level at whatever pace you want. Just pay attention to any signs of nicotine poisoning and you'll be fine. For example, if you get a headache, vape less, not more.

I smoked about a pack and a half a day of RYO American Spirits. I got a Pilot and 2 30ml bottles of 24mg eliquid about a week ago, my first e-cig. The first day using it, I smoked about 8 analogs, and then less and less every day. Yesterday I didn't have any at all, and didn't have any desire to have one. It wasn't even a conscious decision to gradually cut down on analogs, that's just the way it happened. I no longer have any desire to smoke cigarettes. It really is as easy as that... for me anyway.

I went outside to smoke an analog earlier today just to test myself. I got about half way through it and didn't want anymore, so I butted it out, went back in, washed the crappy smell off my hands and face, brushed my teeth, and puffed on some yummy Riskee.

I'm finding that I use my Pilot quite a bit differently than I did analogs. With an analog, I'd get about 22 puffs, and have one about every 45 minutes. With the Pilot, I take about 5 puffs at a time every 15 minutes or so.

Anyway, I think you made a good choice. I'm LOVING my Pilot!

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
Well after all you people saying all these good things about the Pilot I had to get one too. At this rate I'll never break even:cry:......oh well.....:D

Coming from a primary cigar smoker here, the expense isn't all that bad (a box of really nice cigars cost around 60-150 bucks a pop). I'll never give up my love for cigars, but to get my nicotine fix vaping has replaced cigarettes completely for me.

The way I see it, everything costs money. So I wouldn't sweat the expense all that much and enjoy. At the very least, it's healthier than analog cigs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread