I Just Pre Ordered My Prodigy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
might sound like a dumb question to anyone who knows electronics, but what does the # of mah mean ? how long the battery lasts or how hot it burns ?
801 and 901 kits have different mah size batteries ?
im a cnc machinist so i understand and am impressed with the case design but im lost with the electronics part of it.

(order # 16234, 801 kit)

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
might sound like a dumb question to anyone who knows electronics, but what does the # of mah mean ? how long the battery lasts or how hot it burns ?
801 and 901 kits have different mah size batteries ?
im a cnc machinist so i understand and am impressed with the case design but im lost with the electronics part of it.

(order # 16234, 801 kit)

the higher the mAh the longer the battery lasts. 2200 maH will last very easily all day and all night into the next morning even or more depending on how much you use. 1000 mah will last most of the day into the first part of the evening. 3000 mah will last 2 full days going on 3 or more. Serious. And that is with vaping a lot. I'm going on day 3 right now chain vaping on a passthrough on a power pack at 3000 mah.

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
the higher the mAh the longer the battery lasts. 2200 maH will last very easily all day and all night into the next morning even or more depending on how much you use. 1000 mah will last most of the day into the first part of the evening. 3000 mah will last 2 full days going on 3 or more. Serious. And that is with vaping a lot. I'm going on day 3 right now chain vaping on a passthrough on a power pack at 3000 mah.

Thanks,,
so i guess a 750 mah 801 prodigy will last longer then a ? mah pilot..

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
thanks lucky,,
with these mods theres alot to learn,,
so the prodigy will last 3 or 4 times longer then my pilots,, and the design and case are great,, and the carts are bigger then a pilot...
cant wait to actually get it and try it out,,
i hope Steve is selling alot of them,, just the design and battery life are worth the money for something new and especially something made in the U.S.A..

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
no offense but its basically a usa assembled battery mod/case. its similar to trogs SD costs about the same but its mass produced which should mean it is cheaper just my 2 cents.

Correct you are marc ... the difference(s)
Prodigy - Hand crafted and built beginning to end. Not a chopped $14 flashlight.
Prodigy - Production Assembly = USA Labor/Taxes Paid for.
Prodigy - Design and Engineering behind it all. You may not think its intricate, but the cad drawing may have you thoroughly impressed.
Prodigy - Lots of room to improve, adapt, so on and so forth.

You may not agree with the pricing, but hey, its the best we can do at this point until production numbers skyrocket allowing cost of materials and production time to go down. Its 1 thing running a production run of 1,000. Its completely different running 10,000 :)

Appreciate the comment.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
too expensive for me,

way too much for a battery case with a screw connector
and on/off button.

when the guys on here do their mods,
they know, and we get to know
the true cost of producing these things,
didn't bastage tell you -
less than 20.00 for parts to build a SD......
this is no different,
just a different shape.

from scratch.... mass produced like this....
should be waaaay lower than that.
sorry not my hard earned pension.....

I will stick with my modder friends on here.

Di .....

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
The modders with their little cottage industries could never keep up with the demand the way it is growing now......it needed someone like Cash to come along and get into mass production, producing something with all the advantages of the mods....and that costs a 'lot' of money to get started. The materials may not cost a lot at all but getting a bigger business started does.
The sad thing is that it's going to end up putting a lot of those modder pioneers out of business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread