I just signed up on ECF and wanted to say hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
I have heard good things about this community and I decided I wanted to be a part of it. I have been vaping for a little over five years. I started off with little vape pens, then moved to the Innokin Endura, and for the last 3 years I have been utilizing higher wattage sub-ohm setups. However, recently I have really had a desire to get back into a lower wattage and MTL style vaping. But after years of using 3mg nic with 60 - 70 watts, I am a little unsure of how to proceed with the all of the new lower wattage options out there. Also, I have recently become interested in trying DIY eliquid and maybe even getting into rebuildables.

Anyways, while I have been vaping for quite some time, I would hardly call myself an expert. This is one reason I decided to join up. I figured this would be a good place to acquire some knowledge, ask questions, and gather opinions from from a group of people who knows their stuff.

I am going to conclude my introduction now because it is 5 in the morning and I am pretty sure I am just rambling on in a sleepy haze at this point. Thanks for reading and looking forward to being a part of this community.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have heard good things about this community and I decided I wanted to be a part of it. I have been vaping for a little over five years. I started off with little vape pens, then moved to the Innokin Endura, and for the last 3 years I have been utilizing higher wattage sub-ohm setups. However, recently I have really had a desire to get back into a lower wattage and MTL style vaping. But after years of using 3mg nic with 60 - 70 watts, I am a little unsure of how to proceed with the all of the new lower wattage options out there. Also, I have recently become interested in trying DIY eliquid and maybe even getting into rebuildables.

Anyways, while I have been vaping for quite some time, I would hardly call myself an expert. This is one reason I decided to join up. I figured this would be a good place to acquire some knowledge, ask questions, and gather opinions from from a group of people who knows their stuff.

I am going to conclude my introduction now because it is 5 in the morning and I am pretty sure I am just rambling on in a sleepy haze at this point. Thanks for reading and looking forward to being a part of this community.
Hi and welcome!
With the approaching prohibition, DIY and rebuildables are a prudent choice.
If you drop to sub 20w vaping, you may want to double or triple your current nicotine level.
I am using 6mg/ml freebase with a .75Ω simple wire coil at about 20-22watts, however my lifestyle allows me to vape 24/7, if inclined.

Cheers
I

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Vihw4KB.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Don't discount the possibilty that you may not need as much nicotine as you think you do. I'm a low wattage vaper and I recently (about 3 weeks ago?) reduced my nic strength from 16-18mg to 7mg literally overnight. I've been vaping 16-18mg for a VERY long time. I've been doing just fine with it and I'm not vaping more to compensate. In fact, I have been vaping some 12mg juice that I have here and there and I really don't like it that much anymore, so I'ill be diluting it soon.

So when you do switch to lower wattage, try a low level of nic for a few days and see how it works out for you. Not saying you should stick with 3mg necessarily (but you could try it), but you could try say 6-8mg and see how that goes for a few days to a week or so. The less nic you consume, the less nic base you have to buy and store for the vapocalypse (aka the USA vaping prohibition). Since nic should be kept in glass in a freezer for long term storage, this can be almost impossible to completely impossible for some.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Hi and welcome!
    With the approaching prohibition, DIY and rebuildables are a prudent choice.
    If you drop to sub 20w vaping, you may want to double or triple your current nicotine level.
    I am using 6mg/ml freebase with a .75Ω simple wire coil at about 20-22watts, however my lifestyle allows me to vape 24/7, if inclined.

Cheers
    I
    That is one reason I have been planning to learn more about DIY and rebuildables. In regards to low wattage nic strength, I was thinking about trying about 9mg or even 6mg to start out with. I did recently order a Caliburn and some nic salts just to get used to the lower wattage vaping again. I have never used salts before, so no idea if I will like them or not.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    That is one reason I have been planning to learn more about DIY and rebuildables. In regards to low wattage nic strength, I was thinking about trying about 9mg or even 6mg to start out with. I did recently order a Caliburn and some nic salts just to get used to the lower wattage vaping again. I have never used salts before, so no idea if I will like them or not.
    RB,
    With my pod devices, I use 25mg/ml freebase (I have a liter) or 20mg/ml salt (the max avail here).
    If you have the option, fill the Caliburn with 30mg/ml salts or if you plan to glue it to your face; 15-20mg/ml.
    You can mix salt and freebase to achieve the throat hit you like and the nicotine strength you need to keep the monkey quiet.

Have fun!
    I

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    RB,
    With my pod devices, I use 25mg/ml freebase (I have a liter) or 20mg/ml salt (the max avail here).
    If you have the option, fill the Caliburn with 30mg/ml salts or if you plan to glue it to your face; 15-20mg/ml.
    You can mix salt and freebase to achieve the throat hit you like and the nicotine strength you need to keep the monkey quiet.

Have fun!
    I
    Thanks, the salt that I ordered was 20mg. I figured I did not want to go any higher than that since I have no experience with using salts. I would rather have my ejuice a bit too weak than too strong.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

Good thing about DIY is being able to adjust your nic easily. I've been vaping for 6 years and been at 7mg for the last few years. That's with 1.2ohm coils at around 12W. No idea what a Caliburn is. Basically when you get new gear you need to play around with the nic until it feels right. You will need more at lower power but what works for me might not be right for you.

Good luck

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread