Not open for further replies.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
oh, yes I did...

first, let me start by saying this:

I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE DO THIS UNLESS THEY'RE 100% WILLING TO LOSE AN ATOMIZER.

Because of certain projects I have recently been involved in, I consider myself somewhat more experienced at manipulating and working with atomizers than most will be.

Because of certain things I have learned in the recent past I came to the conclusion that my evo atomizers might be ever so slowly losing their balls and that I should be able to bring them back to life.

So...I took one of them and hooked it up to the 14500 series battery I've been using to do a lot of testing and experimentation with and I hit the switch...the atomizer coil (which is only about 1/4 the size of a pen style atomizer coil) came to life but it lit up a bit slower that I expected. I left the current running for several seconds and lightly blew on the atomizer coil until it was a nice, bright yellow and the atomizer assembly was too hot to hold (yeah...it got f.cking HOT).

I noticed that there were a couple of spots on the coil that took a very long time to start glowing during this process.

I shut off the power and let the atomizer cool off and then hooked it up to the battery again. I hit the power and the whole thing lit up like the fourth of July, instantly. Nice.

Just put a couple drops of e-smokeytreats regular on the basket and took a puff...

The fire department should be here any second.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
That seems to be just about the case. The 40X atomizers are pretty high performance and should tend to last a long time with proper maintenance...let them get all gummed and gunked up, though, and they'll fail for sure.

Now...if anyone wants to do this kind of work on their own (which, again, I don't recommend) you can look in the tips & tricks section for information on how to build battery boxes for your atomizers (basically, a manual switch battery but bigger). Make one and hook up your atomizer, then let her have it.

I'm using a toggle switched 14500 battery but it's pretty much the same concept as a battery box.

Just be aware that cooking the thing indiscriminately is liable to kill it and I'm not responsible if you pop an atomizer or burn your fingers.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I just got my evo a couple days ago... a little wimpy..... I was expecting gushers of vapor... but not.. I saw your post about juicing up your atomizer.. was yours below par also.

thanks

Below par? Not at all...They've just had the HELL abused out of them.

I love my evo.

terra, been wondering where your posts have been, seems you're busy in your secret lab making super atomizers.

*evil laugh*

God I wish I was that diabolical. I'd have atomizers from here to next Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread