I keep getting 0.8 ohms, no matter what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
New to this, building on an AGA-T2 with mesh. My first wick/coil worked great. I got a 1.7 on 5 wraps and vaped on it for a few days. Then I screwed up the coil trying to unscrew the bottom to empty the tank. No problem, I thought. I'll just build another one (actually was rather excited to try).

Rolled a new wick (a lot neater than my first one) and did the same wrap. My MVP registered it at 0.8 ohms. Hmm. That's no good. So I wrapped another loop of coil (had enough having not clipped it yet). Still 0.8. So I thought maybe I need to clip the ends before measuring. No difference.

Started over, this time with a new length of wire and 7 wraps. Still 0.8.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I got it to work fine the first time, but now I'm stuck.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Mesh is essentially shorted (not a dead short, tho) until you oxidize it. You may be pulling your topmost wrap too tight when fastening your center post nut to trap the wire. If you don't coil with the wick already in the atty, the same may be true for the negative screw.

Have you oxidized your wick in any way before coiling it up? And did you torch your wire before coiling it? Just asking. There should be no need to utterly scorch the mesh, but you may find it easier if you soak it in e-liquid first and set fire to it... and let it burn off the liquid. Outside the atty, mind you. This will create an initial layer of oxide and may make pulsing easier on a regulated mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread