The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I KNEW I shouldn’t buy a bubble glass tank

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by bombastinator, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    so I bought the Solomon 2 rdt/rdta and liked it a lot. The only problems it had were some fairly fine screw threading that requires a touch of care not to cross thread. On the whole a fantastic tank. Then I dropped it. Of course the glass shattered. Bubble glass tanks always break. Just buy more glass, right? Wrong. Like all bubble tanks the glass is unobtainium. I have to go with the tube glass now and the tank only holds 2 ml. Not nearly enough considering how wildly thirsty it is. I knew I shouldn’t have bought it for this very reason. It had such great reviews though. And the tank even held up to those reviews. Except now it’s broke and I’m hosed.

No more bubble glass for me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I made that discovery for myself without ever once buying a bubble glass tank. They look cool, seem awesome and etc., but I am fully capable of like, breaking a regular glass TUBE by looking at it,.

Sorry to hear about it :(

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    @stols001 most appropriate use of optimistic tag yet lol

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. jdy

jdy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

HI @bombastinator
    Check it out They advertise the bubble tank as Fatboy, for 8.86 I'd by several if I were you!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
    upload_2018-7-14_16-25-48.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought a Bitzen and wanted the 5ml capacity vice the 2ml with the tube. But I never figured out how to install it-- looks like it needs a longer chimney tube, which I didn't get in the box, because it's taller as well as wider-- and when I asked Geek for help they wanted to see my proof of purchase before sending me the instructions. So I carefully put the tank in the garbage can and moved on.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I didn't break my Scion II bubble when I dropped it and I hit hard enough to knock the base out of whack.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I put a bubble tank on my reload RTA clone. First one cracked during install. I then bought another one, this one was tinted, and it has survived two or three bumps. Not all glass is equal, my first one had a small bubble in it that caused a weak spot. But generally speaking, the rounded bulbous shape of the bubble glass should make the glass structure stronger.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  8. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    That's what I was thinking, makes it like an egg or light bulb. Of course eggs and light bulbs aren't so tough but they are for what they are. Think how weak the shattered pieces are after they broke.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I was hesitant to start using bubble glass. But, I wanted more capacity.
    On my Zeus RTA, I got 5 pieces. I've dropped this rta twice, once on the road and once in the bathroom on tile. Both times, no damage!! And I heard the glass hit both times!!!

Now, I also have 4 TFV8-X Baby Beasts, also with bubble glass, I've dropped 1, in the grass, and it shattered....

So, moral of the story? Who knows..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Bought 5. Thx u rock!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Rock in the grass maybe? Otherwise that's like crossing the street safely and having the bus blow a tire, swerve off the road and flatten you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    • Like Like x 2
  13. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Amazon has quite a variety of vape bands. I’ve bought several types for different size tanks. I actually love bubble tanks but due the their shape I still use a vape band on it. Makes it a bit difficult to see the fluid level but I’d rather have to shift the band than deal with broken glass. Also I vape using tc so chances of a dry hit are low.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. sdennislee

sdennislee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
    Love bubble glass tanks. I do agree you have to be careful. I bought the bubble glass for my Valyrian tanks, holds 8ml. Also bought them for my Big Baby Beast tanks 7ml. Wish they made them for the Aspire Revvo, my favorite flavor tank but it only hold 3.6ml, Bummer.

• Like Like x 3
  16. bubba106

bubba106 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2018
    All my bubble tanks have vape bands, problem solved for the most part.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    After a while, I started to like the fishbowl look of my tanks, and converted the most of them. Some come with a bubble as stock, albeit not the U.K. versions.

My breakage rate is not much different from straight glasses; most of them, they break in the sink.

The best looking fishbowl tank, is the Kylin mini RTA. Second, is the LED version of the Big Baby Beast.

I remain waiting for an acrylic version of fishbowl glasses, as they would solve the shattering we all experienced.

I noted, with great joy, that the wicking ability of many tanks have improved when using fishbowl glasses, possibly because of the increased weight of the e-liquid.

Currently, I am looking for a fishbowl glass to fit the Kabuki, which seems unavailable at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  18. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    Got a bubble glass on my kensei rta, never broke never dropped it.
    Guess i'm either lucky or i baby my stuff too much :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chuck64

Chuck64 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2015
    NV. USA
    The glass in my GeekVape Blitzen breaks every 6 weeks on average. Someone posted a link to replacement bubble glass and I bought a dozen. They arrived a week before I broke the first one.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Snicks

Snicks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    I have two Prince tanks with the bubble glass. I did break one awhile back after dropping my mod. Nice thing about SMOK is every vape shop sells their product and buying replacement glass is as easy as walking into any shop you see. I have several spares now.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.