Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
so I bought the Solomon 2 rdt/rdta and liked it a lot. The only problems it had were some fairly fine screw threading that requires a touch of care not to cross thread. On the whole a fantastic tank. Then I dropped it. Of course the glass shattered. Bubble glass tanks always break. Just buy more glass, right? Wrong. Like all bubble tanks the glass is unobtainium. I have to go with the tube glass now and the tank only holds 2 ml. Not nearly enough considering how wildly thirsty it is. I knew I shouldn’t have bought it for this very reason. It had such great reviews though. And the tank even held up to those reviews. Except now it’s broke and I’m hosed.

No more bubble glass for me.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
so I bought the Solomon 2 rdt/rdta and liked it a lot. The only problems it had were some fairly fine screw threading that requires a touch of care not to cross thread. On the whole a fantastic tank. Then I dropped it. Of course the glass shattered. Bubble glass tanks always break. Just buy more glass, right? Wrong. Like all bubble tanks the glass is unobtainium. I have to go with the tube glass now and the tank only holds 2 ml. Not nearly enough considering how wildly thirsty it is. I knew I shouldn’t have bought it for this very reason. It had such great reviews though. And the tank even held up to those reviews. Except now it’s broke and I’m hosed.

No more bubble glass for me.

HI @bombastinator
Check it out They advertise the bubble tank as Fatboy, for 8.86 I'd by several if I were you!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
upload_2018-7-14_16-25-48.png

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I bought a Bitzen and wanted the 5ml capacity vice the 2ml with the tube. But I never figured out how to install it-- looks like it needs a longer chimney tube, which I didn't get in the box, because it's taller as well as wider-- and when I asked Geek for help they wanted to see my proof of purchase before sending me the instructions. So I carefully put the tank in the garbage can and moved on.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I put a bubble tank on my reload RTA clone. First one cracked during install. I then bought another one, this one was tinted, and it has survived two or three bumps. Not all glass is equal, my first one had a small bubble in it that caused a weak spot. But generally speaking, the rounded bulbous shape of the bubble glass should make the glass structure stronger.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I put a bubble tank on my reload RTA clone. First one cracked during install. I then bought another one, this one was tinted, and it has survived two or three bumps. Not all glass is equal, my first one had a small bubble in it that caused a weak spot. But generally speaking, the rounded bulbous shape of the bubble glass should make the glass structure stronger.

That's what I was thinking, makes it like an egg or light bulb. Of course eggs and light bulbs aren't so tough but they are for what they are. Think how weak the shattered pieces are after they broke.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I was hesitant to start using bubble glass. But, I wanted more capacity.
On my Zeus RTA, I got 5 pieces. I've dropped this rta twice, once on the road and once in the bathroom on tile. Both times, no damage!! And I heard the glass hit both times!!!

Now, I also have 4 TFV8-X Baby Beasts, also with bubble glass, I've dropped 1, in the grass, and it shattered....

So, moral of the story? Who knows..

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Now, I also have 4 TFV8-X Baby Beasts, also with bubble glass, I've dropped 1, in the grass, and it shattered....

So, moral of the story? Who knows..

Rock in the grass maybe? Otherwise that's like crossing the street safely and having the bus blow a tire, swerve off the road and flatten you.

Reactions: SupplyDaddy

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Amazon has quite a variety of vape bands. I’ve bought several types for different size tanks. I actually love bubble tanks but due the their shape I still use a vape band on it. Makes it a bit difficult to see the fluid level but I’d rather have to shift the band than deal with broken glass. Also I vape using tc so chances of a dry hit are low.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Love bubble glass tanks. I do agree you have to be careful. I bought the bubble glass for my Valyrian tanks, holds 8ml. Also bought them for my Big Baby Beast tanks 7ml. Wish they made them for the Aspire Revvo, my favorite flavor tank but it only hold 3.6ml, Bummer.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
After a while, I started to like the fishbowl look of my tanks, and converted the most of them. Some come with a bubble as stock, albeit not the U.K. versions.

My breakage rate is not much different from straight glasses; most of them, they break in the sink.

The best looking fishbowl tank, is the Kylin mini RTA. Second, is the LED version of the Big Baby Beast.

I remain waiting for an acrylic version of fishbowl glasses, as they would solve the shattering we all experienced.

I noted, with great joy, that the wicking ability of many tanks have improved when using fishbowl glasses, possibly because of the increased weight of the e-liquid.

Currently, I am looking for a fishbowl glass to fit the Kabuki, which seems unavailable at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread