I know I'm doing something wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Ok I thought I could figure this out. But for some reason I have been trying and I am not catching on.

Now I know its a long slow draw. Got it. Doing long slow draw. Getting great flavor a nice soft throat hit.. No vapor.
Now if I prime it (which I know you don't have to) I see vapor.
But it kinda feels like I'm getting way to much air. Kinda like sucking on a straw?

I did do the whistle tip mod to see if it was because the carts are big for me. And I can draw on it much better and get very little vapor. But wow is it more of a throat hit.

So far I've tried

16mg OMG I thought I was going to hit the floor and lose a lung.. HAHA

11mg A good throat hit but again hacking fit..LOL I just have to take a smaller softer draw without any vapor

8mg Draw long and slow wonderful taste zero vapor.

What am I doing wrong. I know its me and not the product. Maybe I need to adjust to it? The tip lights up with just the softest draw I love that. Drawing to slow maybe? I hold on as long as I can. Which of course isnt very long (yet).

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Ok I thought I could figure this out. But for some reason I have been trying and I am not catching on.

Now I know its a long slow draw. Got it. Doing long slow draw. Getting great flavor a nice soft throat hit.. No vapor.
Now if I prime it (which I know you don't have to) I see vapor.
But it kinda feels like I'm getting way to much air. Kinda like sucking on a straw?

I did do the whistle tip mod to see if it was because the carts are big for me. And I can draw on it much better and get very little vapor. But wow is it more of a throat hit.

So far I've tried

16mg OMG I thought I was going to hit the floor and lose a lung.. HAHA

11mg A good throat hit but again hacking fit..LOL I just have to take a smaller softer draw without any vapor

8mg Draw long and slow wonderful taste zero vapor.

What am I doing wrong. I know its me and not the product. Maybe I need to adjust to it? The tip lights up with just the softest draw I love that. Drawing to slow maybe? I hold on as long as I can. Which of course isnt very long (yet).

Maybe it is a bad battery, if so we will replace. Let us know

Steve:cool:

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
Gosh Steve I really doubt its the battery. I just got a nice care package from Phoenix. She hooked me up. They light up great with an easy draw and stay lite like they should. Nice and bright no flicker.

I was afraid to over tighten the cart to the battery. Kinda like you can't with the 901. Just tightened it. And still the same.

I'm thinking is the lack of me being able to really take a deep breath. kinda like well a smoker and low lung capacity. My breathing techniques well suck.. hahaha
I'll keep praticeing on it. I might get it down before the night is over.. =)

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Its auto battery. And I don't think I'm holding it in to long. It doesn't feel like I am. I tried doing a quicker exhale. A little vapor. But not much.

With the autos a quick primer puff followed by a long light slow draw works best for taste and vapor. Try a lighter draw. Also, I find that the auto batteries are a bit "airy" for me, I prefer the slightly harder draw of the manuals myself. What I did with the autos was to hold the VK with my thumb and index finger and lightly cover up the holes (where the battery and carto meet). Gazoo suggested cutting the end off one of the "condom" covers and slide it on so that it partially covers the holes. It can only be partially covered or you will get no hit, so adjust it till the draw feels good to you. See if maybe those suggestions work - and remember, a quick hard primer puff followed by a light long draw.

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
With the autos a quick primer puff followed by a long light slow draw works best for taste and vapor. Try a lighter draw. Also, I find that the auto batteries are a bit "airy" for me, I prefer the slightly harder draw of the manuals myself. What I did with the autos was to hold the VK with my thumb and index finger and lightly cover up the holes (where the battery and carto meet). Gazoo suggested cutting the end off one of the "condom" covers and slide it on so that it partially covers the holes. It can only be partially covered or you will get no hit, so adjust it till the draw feels good to you. See if maybe those suggestions work - and remember, a quick hard primer puff followed by a light long draw.

The condom idea worked... hack hack.. LOL

Ok down to 8mg. breath breath... caramel is so good though..
grabs lungs off floor..
Wow you would think a 2+ pack a day smoker would need the high mg..

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
The condom idea worked... hack hack.. LOL

Ok down to 8mg. breath breath... caramel is so good though..
grabs lungs off floor..
Wow you would think a 2+ pack a day smoker would need the high mg..

Everybody id different, this is why I stress to try various levels. Everybody should make sure to give me detalied info. in comments section, so I can try to help you newbies get it right:D

Steve

JenJen

Your DaBomb:p

Allestaria

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
LOL Steve. Yes I'm a newbie. And Phoenix sent me a good variety of strength to try out. My first hit on the 16mg WOW that was rough. Then the 11mg was the one I was working on. But again what a hit.

I guess my guess on the 8mg was right. You sent me the right level in the samples. But I bet down the road in about 3 days. The 16mgs will be what I need. For a quick fix.

I don't see how anyone could do anything higher then the 11mg.. What a monster of a hit. Not even the 18mg from johnsons creek hits that good. The 18mg from them is way weak compared to yours Steve.

I went to Mayfield High school our mascot was Trojan. So I couldn't help but laugh at the condom comment. We always chanted once a condom always a condom. And now I will be carrying one with me.. hahahahaha.
To bad I'm married I could really have fun with the guys on this one.. darn bar days are over..

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
LOL Steve. Yes I'm a newbie. And Phoenix sent me a good variety of strength to try out. My first hit on the 16mg WOW that was rough. Then the 11mg was the one I was working on. But again what a hit.

I guess my guess on the 8mg was right. You sent me the right level in the samples. But I bet down the road in about 3 days. The 16mgs will be what I need. For a quick fix.

I don't see how anyone could do anything higher then the 11mg.. What a monster of a hit. Not even the 18mg from johnsons creek hits that good. The 18mg from them is way weak compared to yours Steve.

I went to Mayfield High school our mascot was Trojan. So I couldn't help but laugh at the condom comment. We always chanted once a condom always a condom. And now I will be carrying one with me.. hahahahaha.
To bad I'm married I could really have fun with the guys on this one.. darn bar days are over..

LMAO.....Thnak you...we will make ya happy, not to worry:D

Steve:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread