I know it's beaten to the ground but cartos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
So as the title suggest I have a carto question. I'm a huge fan of the lr platinum punch from ikenvape. They're out of stock and I'm almost there myself. They still have some of the slotted ones left. If I like the platinum punch would I possibly be pleased with the slotted? Or should I switch to boge? I know I don't like the single hole variety.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
The slotted cartos are going to do much better with thicker juices...

You run the risk of them flooding, especially if the filler material isn't very dense. I've only slotted older Boge's, never the IKV's... The older Boge's didn't have very dense batting so they would flood easily with 50/50 juice

Hey, I just noticed I finally got my ECF Veteran title... Haha, I'm an old dog now...

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I've got not much to add, because I have boge's, and I usually drill the 2 holes that it comes with bigger (because I often use thicker juices at much higher power, and the absorption rate out of teeny holes weren't keeping up).

I have around 30 carto heads to use up before I need to order more, but the time saver of not having to expand the holes myself makes Ikenvapes really appealing... but I'm going to use up my cartos I have before ordering any.

The boges work great, but they are flangeless. You can get them almost anywhere too, just look for punched ones. I only paid $6 for a simple punch. All it is is a round piece of metal with a screw hole. You push the carto in and then tighten the screw and it expands the hole. They are very simple things that if you have any tools laying around, you can probably make one yourself. If you use relatively thin juices that aren't sticky types, you won't need a hole punch.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
Pre Punched Boge Cartomizer XL 45mm

Found these. Two holes and the right length. No flange so that's a plus. Price looks right as well.
I can't find any smoktech cartos without the flange that are ore punched. Anyone know if they exist?
I did find one site that sells laser drilled boges but the site didn't say wether or not it was single or double holes. So I'm waiting to hear from their support on that one.
I just wish ikenvape would keep my style in stock that way I could stay in my happy place forever.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Pre Punched Boge Cartomizer XL 45mm

Found these. Two holes and the right length. No flange so that's a plus. Price looks right as well.
I can't find any smoktech cartos without the flange that are ore punched. Anyone know if they exist?
I did find one site that sells laser drilled boges but the site didn't say wether or not it was single or double holes. So I'm waiting to hear from their support on that one.
I just wish ikenvape would keep my style in stock that way I could stay in my happy place forever.

If I recall correctly, Smoks are all flanged and Boges are all flangeless.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Ok so one 2.3 mm hole or two 1mm holes?

Even though my juice is thin enough for one hole (70pg/30vg) I always get two. With one on each side, it seems like it would wick more evenly. I know I bought 1 holes a couple of times, since that was all that was available in the resistance I wanted and I don't recall having any issues. I guess I buy 2 holes out of habit more than anything else. I didn't know the holes came in different sizes, you apparently read the fine print even more than I do. :)

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Of the 2, Boge and Smok, I prefer the Smok. However, when I last used them, I was getting a lot of bad ones. That was awhile ago, however, and hopefully the issue has been fixed.

I use mostly 80PG/20VG or 70PG/30VG juice. I tend to chain vape, especially now that I am laid off. One hole didn't work well for me, even though the juice is thin. I have mostly used 2-hole punched in all brands with no issue.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Darnit - I THOUGHT I was doing side-by-side testing with 1 Ikenvape and 1 Smok, but now I'm not sure WHAT carto is in the tank that I thought was a Smok. Cause it's got no flange. And it's LR. And an LR Flangeless Smok is a nonexistent product. I sure hope the other one wins, because if not, I will have decided my favorite carto is a mystery carto, and I'll have to start all over.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I use the slotted LR Ikenvapes with 50/50 juices all the time and they have never flooded. Same with the dual 3mm version (which I prefer)
When I can't get the Ikenvapes, I use the Boge with the single 2.5mm hole. Not as good as the Ikenvapes, but good enough. I am planning to get some Smoks just for comparison.
I have not had good luck with punching cartos, I find that I bend the case so badly that they no longer fit well through the inner orings of my tanks.

The only times I have ever flooded a carto was by either over priming them, or because I lost a good seal on the tank, like popping off an end cap by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread