I know its off topic but, I'd like your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattooed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
VA
I love my snus, it gets me through most every situation but there are still times where I really want a cig. I'm thinking of getting another ecig but I've been way out of the loop for a long time now. I had a Prodigy V2 and it was nice for the very most part.

Can you guys tell a fellow snus user and previous ecig user what would make for a good ecig for those times when you really want to take a few puffs?

It seems like the Ego is still around and going strong, that a good place to return to? I'd honestly like to get away from atomizers, these new dual core cartomizers sound interesting. I just feel like I'm drowning in info after the long break.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I picked up a riva carto deluxe kit from liberty flights a few weeks ago. It comes with 2.0 ohm boge cartos. It's a decent unit and comes in a nice case. If you want something that hits harder like five or six volts then any mod will do. Madvapes has a variable voltage box mod for $35. You may want to look into the WTA thread over at aroma ejuice's forum. They are getting ready to release WTA liquid in a few weeks. I have used WTA liquid from Dvap before and it is as close as you can get to a cig without burning tobacco. It has the alkaloids in it that tobacco does and normal liquids don't and the feel is more realistic.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'll second Hitt on the WTA. You'll get sticker shock at what he's charging, I think $28 for 10ml but read through the thread, you may be able to add a small amount to other nicquid and get some of the effect. Since you're talking occasional use, the price not be terribly expensive and once they work out how to generate the WTA in larger quantities, the price should drop down.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The low resistance boge cartos have a 510 fitting so if you get a 510 kit then I think the cartos will fit.I don't know if the cone size is the same or not but you can run them without the cone. I wanted the carto kit because it came with a nice carrying case. Goodprophets.com is running a sale on five packs of the boge cartos for 5.99.

Just a quick filler on the WTA liquid. Regular liquids have nicotine in them but don't contain the other minor alkaloids that are found in tobacco. That's why some of us turn to snus. The WTA liquid has the other alkaloids in it so it is more like smoking in the fact that the other alkaloids seem to give a fuller, more realistic feeling to the vapor and to me it seems to give a little of the relaxing feeling that regular liquids don't. Dvap developed the process over a year ago for research reasons mostly and was never interested in marketing it. It is discussed in his blogs if you have time to read them. Anyway, Dvap let me sample some before and I was truly impressed. However I have become so accustomed to using snus and actually enjoy it that I wouldn't try to replace snus with WTA myself. It is nice though to drip a couple drops here and there when you get a craving. Jerry from aroma ejuice sent me a sample a while back and it was good. He is going to do an initial release in a few weeks. The first offering is fairly expensive mostly because it is labor intensive and costly to do the extraction. Jerry's hope is to later do it on a larger scale which he has said will drive the price down.

deezycakes

Aug 9, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Not so sure about the actual ecig. It depends on your needs.

I have a volt that's my "daily driver". Gives me what I need, doesnt take up too much space, and puts out good vapor.

But the Mt. Dew juice from Vixen tastes JUST like Skoal Citrus blend. Not even joking, same flavor and the same after taste. If you like that stuff then that would be a good choice.

GIMike

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
    I have an ego mega batt (900 mah) with the ego booster with boge 3.0 cartos. (see right side of my avatar) To me, this works much better than LR cartos on the 3.7v batts. Kinda pricey (if you can find the EB), but well worth the cost. Only bad thing is, it only works with Joye brand egos, not Rivas. Works great if you want to try a VV mod but like your ego too much to give up :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread