I know this is about Leo, but Lea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
My opinion of the Lea went from great, to terrible, and then back to great.

It's looks, design and built quality are probably the best I've seen. It's a nice compromise in terms of size. A little thinner than an ego, a little longer too. The pen cap makes it look like a fountain pen when it's in your shirt pocket. The smart battery design is a big plus.

When I first used it, the vapor just exploded and was very impressed, putting my initial response at loving it.

After only a day, I started having huge problems with performance and started to think there was a real design problem.

However, I figured out the problem and now love it. The Lea has become my daily vape. The problem I encountered was because the Lea seems to either be very sensitive to the thickness of the juice or have a problem with gourmet vapor juices specifically. I found that it would alternate between clogging up and leaking like a sieve when using gourmetvapor juice, which is a pretty neat trick. lol. However, as long as I've stuck with Dekang, the VTF have been just absolutely amazing.

Last edited:

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Since dekang is manufactured by boge and from what I have experienced dekang juice appears to be thin most likely 80PG/20VG it would be logical to assume that there testing is done with this type of mix. IMO

I've come to the exact same conclusion. To take that a step further; it makes perfect sense that a tank system, which draws the fluid down a tube with a single wick inside it, would be more sensitive to viscosity than a cartridge or cartomizer system. Which means that by extension, it's pretty understandable that it works best with dekang.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Just received mine yesterday. LOVE it so far. No modifications needed. Just a nice, flavorful, hasslefree vape.

Welcome to the club. Since I figured out the best juice to use, I've been nothing but happy with my Lea. In use, it's size and shape allows for holding it like a cigar, which I prefer, but with the cap it's small enough and discrete enough to pass as a fountain pen in my shirt pocket.

Which color did you go with? I went with the dim gray.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Bought mine from whitestagvapor. Only 1 cap, and I'm not sure why you'd want to need two. With the pen clip on it, you're not likely to lose it unless very careless. Price was about the same as everybody else's. I've not seen a variance of more than a few dollars. The communication and service however, were quite good.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
That is a real problem, which I have been able to reproduce, but to be completely honest, the odds of a problem from it are relatively slim. Your lea must fully charged but plugged in, you then have to attempt to engage the shut-off (triple press the button), and even then it usually takes a couple of tries. Plus, it will be in your hand when it happens, so you'll know.

Is it a real problem that people should be aware of so they don't burn up an atty? Absolutely.

Is it a big enough problem that it should be a deciding factor in whether or not to get one? I say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread