I know why 510's have this crap, but they work better without it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
I'm sure you all are familiar with the white strands that linger from the 510 atomizer, It's a fair guess that they are used to retain liquid.

I got 3 atomizers though that won't spark up until I take a paper clip and move that crap to the side of the wick inside the atomizer.

I'm guessing this crap burns off over time right? Should I just cut it all off and use a cart or is it better to just put the crap to the side, break it in, burn off the white crap over time so I have some crap there to contain liquid. Or should I just cut it off? Because my only 510 that works alright doesn't have any of those white strands.

:confused::confused::confused:

Bunni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
PA, USA
I'm thinking he means the strands that are in the atty, I've seen them too..and I think they are from the inside of the wick. Some of them have come loose and can be pulled away. I had one atty wick pull out altogether, and noticed these white strands, partially burned in there too, separate from the wick. I was draining the atty, using a bit of papertowel in the atty, but it stuck somehow and when I removed the paper the wick had pulled part way out.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
I'm thinking he means the strands that are in the atty, I've seen them too..and I think they are from the inside of the wick. Some of them have come loose and can be pulled away. I had one atty wick pull out altogether, and noticed these white strands, partially burned in there too, separate from the wick. I was draining the atty, using a bit of papertowel in the atty, but it stuck somehow and when I removed the paper the wick had pulled part way out.

Yes, I do mean these. The atomizer coil only heats up when I take a paper clip, bend it, and push and pull the white strands away from the coil. That's why I believe that the strands were manufactured wrong in mine, should I clip a little bit until they can fall directly from the bridge, retain juice, and allow the heating of the coil?:confused:

Zestok90

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Mentor, OH
The only white strands that I can recall by my 510 atomizer are polyester batting which is bad to be on there. It makes vapor taste like crap, and I can;t imagine it would be good for you. If I'm not mistaken, I would remove those with tweezers pronto and give your attys a nice cleaning in some boiling water and let them sit overnight.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
The only white strands that I can recall by my 510 atomizer are polyester batting which is bad to be on there. It makes vapor taste like crap, and I can;t imagine it would be good for you. If I'm not mistaken, I would remove those with tweezers pronto and give your attys a nice cleaning in some boiling water and let them sit overnight.

I really need to take a picture of what I'm talkin about.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Probably, I don't see anything white in any of my 510 atomizers besides those darned polyester fibers.
Please take a pic if you can.

Now, first of all, this is a joye-306a atomizer but the strands are the same on my 510 atomizer. The strands hanging outside of the atomizer are not white, that's because they are coated in e-juice at the moment. This is not polyfiber batting from my cartridge, these came with my joye-306a and my 510 atomizers STOCK and hang from the inside of the metal wick.

Please excuse this god awful 3 megapixel digital zoom camera. I know it's god awful. My new 10mp 7x optical is on it's way though...wish I had it about now. The strands I pulled out are from underneath the bridge and it's hanging from the side of the atomizer. they looks like fangs if you can't find them

Yours 510's don't have this material from the inside of the metal wick?

pict1887.jpg

Last edited:

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
sure, have them on my Dura Atos, 801 generic from RuyanDirect. thats just the fibre the atomizer coil is wrapped around i think.
if they are accidentially not cut short enough or if its on purpose has to be answered by the manufacturers

if some members check their unused atomizers i bet most will see them, just take a look under the bridge on the coil.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
sure, have them on my Dura Atos, 801 generic from RuyanDirect. thats just the fibre the atomizer coil is wrapped around i think.
if they are accidentially not cut short enough or if its on purpose has to be answered by the manufacturers

if some members check their unused atomizers i bet most will see them, just take a look under the bridge on the coil.

Did you have a problem with it being too long? What did you do to remedie this?

smokinsimon

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
I was told those strands are the wick.
They are hidden under the metal mesh U shaped deal right?
I saw something fuzzy under mine and went to fish it out and ended up pulling them out. I think it's the wick, the juice gets pulled up the mesh and transferred to the wick from there to the coil. I think.
I pulled mine out, they smelled nasty rotten, I cleaned the atty and tried to use it, never got it to work right after and threw it away.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
Ok. Are you ready for a real answer........... They are NOT cartridge fiber. they are the wick. If your atty last long enough these will start to burn and taste like ****. I dropped my cig a few times and was able to pull the atty apart. So I pulled all those hairs out.(Every last one) It had absolutely no effect on performance of the atty. Certainly not a negative one. Last night my other atty was just tasting burnt and was unbearable. So I had to do it again. word to the wise. These thing are very very very hard to tear apart. The glue is tough and buggered the outside up pretty good. Tore all the fibers out, some were black on the tips, and it works fine too.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
It is the wick you are talking about on these 510 attys.

I noticed a while back my 510 was getting an ecky burnt taste.

So I take a look and sure enough some of the wick fibers were singed.

So I took tweezers and pulled them all out.

Atty still works great without the wick and that was about 3 weeks ago.

Have no clue why the wick is there especially when the atty works great without it.

I don't know if there is a difference if you drip or not, but I use carts and I don't think the wick is needed, especially if it gets singed.

Last edited:

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
It is the wick you are talking about on these 510 attys.

I noticed a while back my 510 was getting an ecky burnt taste.

So I take a look and sure enough some of the wick fibers were singed.

So I took tweezers and pulled them all out.

Atty still works great without the wick and that was about 3 weeks ago.

Have no clue why the wick is there especially when the atty works great without it.

I don't know if there is a difference if you drip or not, but I use carts and I don't think the wick is needed, especially if it gets singed.
I couln't have said it better.

but if you're talking about the metal mesh(do not remove)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread