I know why 510's have this crap, but they work better without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I mentioned - I pulled the wick out of one of my attys and it stopped working altogether. I'm afraid to do it again - once burned, twice shy. (Pun intended, lol!)

I use the regular filler with the straw mod. I'll be trying the PTB once I can get my hands on some! My store is always out of stock.

I believe the top of the atty coil touches the filler? So I'm not sure of the difference?

I tried taking the filler out and direct dripping, but it got to be a real pain to do all of the time and I had to keep the bottle close. Made me nervous with a quick-handed three year old running around!

I can't imagine how much more often you have to drip with no wick to hold the liquid.

A little plastic fumes has to still be a lot better than analogs! ;)

I found it at my local grocery store, however i Live in California, where there are many grocery stores in the same city that have it. Not sure where you live but i believe it is a little hard to find in obscure places.

When you say the top of the atty coil touches the filler, i believe you are wrong.... the top of the metal mesh touches the filler, but this mesh does not get hot enough to melt anything. I will upload some pretty detailed pictures tomorrow in the evening if i can get my camera to get close enough shots of the atty.

Yes, keep that bottle away from the youngens!! As i stated before, i used NIC for about a week and slowly decreased the amount i was using, now im just vaping for Flavor :pervy: soooo much better!! I actually tried a hit of some of the NIC the other day and got a horrible headache and stomach was upset.

I really reccomend trying to get off the NIC, you will feel soo much better, and you wont have to worry about the little ones grabbing up your dropper bottle! :)

If you want, I'll send you a couple PTB's, i bought the grande size box and have a lot of spares. Send me a PM if your interested

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
You don't have to worry about the fiberglass wick under the mesh bridge. These fibers are made of glass and you would have to take a torch to them to melt it. Juice deposits will dry and stick to the fibers and get caught in the stands and taste burnt. If this happens run them under the hottest water your faucet can do for several mins. I have tried boiling but the flow of the faucet cleans the strands alot better.

Polly can burn under extreme circumstances but the fiberglass won't melt so no worries there. Not all 510 attys are created equal. Some have broader mesh metal wicks and some not so much. Also all the fiberglass wicks underneath are not equal. I tend to find the shorter wicks that just dangle over the coil work better than the really long wicks that lay across the whole coil.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
When you say the top of the atty coil touches the filler, i believe you are wrong.... the top of the metal mesh touches the filler, but this mesh does not get hot enough to melt anything.
Oh, yeah - that's right. I know what you mean. I forgot it gets hotter at the base of the coil.

You don't have to worry about the fiberglass wick under the mesh bridge. These fibers are made of glass and you would have to take a torch to them to melt it.

I have seen these in the melted state on many occasions. I fear that they are not all made of Fiberglass, thus my suggestion still stands..... Take them out.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
I thought this thread was done. Ya that's pretty much it. Just leave the stuff in and dry drip. No matter how you try with the polyfiber batting that's in your cart NEVER compares to dry dripping.

Been dry dripping for the last month on the 510. Too bad you have to constantly dry drip. Most of the time I don't even put the empty cart on and just hit it from the atomizer:evil:

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
I have seen these in the melted state on many occasions. I fear that they are not all made of Fiberglass, thus my suggestion still stands..... Take them out.

Warped doesn't mean burned. It's a glass form dude, it'll warp, not melt. Just not physically possible under these conditions, stop worrying

Last edited:

slowdrag

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
East Texas
Leave them in take them out Leave them in take them out Leave them in take them out wow really confusing thread going here. I guess the manufacture design and intentions were good as far as wicking and having sometin by the coil. But it could also be a cheap easy way for them to form the shape of the coil too. I guess if your really on top of your game as far as keeping it wet then there is no problem but most of are not. I say if you drip @6v get rid of them if you dont leave them in.:confused:

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Leave them in take them out Leave them in take them out Leave them in take them out wow really confusing thread going here. I guess the manufacture design and intentions were good as far as wicking and having sometin by the coil. But it could also be a cheap easy way for them to form the shape of the coil too. I guess if your really on top of your game as far as keeping it wet then there is no problem but most of are not. I say if you drip @6v get rid of them if you dont leave them in.:confused:

Nope, it's preference again, just don't let it go dry. Try actually flooding it. Sounds crazy right? If you keep it soooooo wet there's virtually no chance. Know your smoke pattern, if you know it's about to go dry than you pack it again.

The fiber wicking in turn will make it so you can hold more and not have to top off so damn much, especially with a prodigy or something that fires so hard.

If you take the wick out than you'll be frustrated with how much you have to drip on a consistant basis:lol:
If you leave the wick in and don't know your pattern very well than you'll burn the wick:lol:

So my advice would be to develop basic muscle memory by monitoring your vaping with the 6v's and once it becomes natural or you feel comfortable than your good to go with the wicking.

God I rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread