I liked this note in NYT City Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
San Francisco
Thanks for the link. I think this is an extremely supportive piece and in an important paper. I also think it will influence many people in their attitudes about e-cigs, including other journalists (all of whom read the NYT). I hope Bloomberg himself sees it. He's a rabid anti-tobacco guy and I imagine it will be called to his attention.

ccure

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Colombia, South America
Thanks for the link. I think this is an extremely supportive piece and in an important paper. I also think it will influence many people in their attitudes about e-cigs, including other journalists (all of whom read the NYT). I hope Bloomberg himself sees it. He's a rabid anti-tobacco guy and I imagine it will be called to his attention.

Your welcome, I hope more people will enjoy it.

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
A couple of days before the first HELP hearings Dr. Nitzkin suggested I send some quick letters to major newspapers. I wrote to the Times, and enclosed a package with basic info about e-cigs, as well as a lot of info from Drs. Nitzkin and Seigel, and Bill Godshall. I asked them to use the information as a starting point for their own research, and then publish a fair article, since as a respected and widely read publication they might be able to make a difference and help save lives.

I have no idea whether my package initiated the coverage, but I'm glad to see an article that isn't all negative. I had hoped for better, but wasn't counting on it.

We still need to see articles from sources outside the realm of e-cig users, suppliers and the few other strong supporters that buck the politically correct anti-anything-like-a-cigarette ideology, enlightening people with more of the very significant harm reduction potential e-cigs offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread