I LOST my ProVari - need recommendations for new MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
LOL title says it all. I lost my Satin Black ProVari V2 w/ 18650 extension and I also lost my ViVi Nova (it was attached to the ProVari).

I have been smoking analogs lately, after almost 6 months of vaping only. Recently I dug my kGo out of my sotrage and set up a Smok UDCT (SmokTech Dual-coil locking tank) and I have been using that together with analogs while I awaited the coveted "Pay Day" :LOL

So, I got paid yesterday! I've been browsing the MODs on GotVapes, VaporAlley and HoosierE-cig trying to find a new VV OR a VV/VW MOD. (I will not use eGo style batteries unless I have no choice - only MODs for me).

My options:
Innokin iTaste MVP
ZMAX Mini
VapeOnly vPower VV
BOLT w/18500 and Kick
Bottom-fed box mod?? (I have always been interested in these but never tried one)

Basically, I'd like to stay below $150 and I don't want to spend the money on a new, ugly ProVari 2.5, at the moment so don't say ProVari lol. I know how nice of a PV it is but I want to try something else now. No spinners/twists or anything else that's eGo or cig-a-like style. Only box or tube MODS that are VV at least (would like to try a VV & VW device to test the waters of Variable Power but I'd be happy with just VV).

Right now, I'm leaning towards the ZMAX Mini and the iTaste MVP but I'm still undecided.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/recommendations. Happy vaping!

-tanks

PS: Has anyone tried the CE4 clearo? I'm going to order some with the wicks today but I was wonder how the no wick CE4s1 work. (see footnote below for link to CE4 w/no wick)

1 CE5 Clearomizer

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Only one I've tried on your list is the mvp which I really like. Can be used as a passthru and the battery lasts more than a day. It has ego threading which is great, and also a ring where you can use your novas as well. I suggest trying a protank with the mvp if you get it. You don't have to dip and twirl.

Correction, I have tried a bottom feeder. The Reo grand, they are awesome. But probab kill your budget.

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
LOL title says it all. I lost my Satin Black ProVari V2 w/ 18650 extension and I also lost my ViVi Nova (it was attached to the ProVari).

I have been smoking analogs lately, after almost 6 months of vaping only. Recently I dug my kGo out of my sotrage and set up a Smok UDCT (SmokTech Dual-coil locking tank) and I have been using that together with analogs while I awaited the coveted "Pay Day" :LOL

So, I got paid yesterday! I've been browsing the MODs on GotVapes, VaporAlley and HoosierE-cig trying to find a new VV OR a VV/VW MOD. (I will not use eGo style batteries unless I have no choice - only MODs for me).

My options:
Innokin iTaste MVP
ZMAX Mini
VapeOnly vPower VV
BOLT w/18500 and Kick
Bottom-fed box mod?? (I have always been interested in these but never tried one)

Basically, I'd like to stay below $150 and I don't want to spend the money on a new, ugly ProVari 2.5, at the moment so don't say ProVari lol. I know how nice of a PV it is but I want to try something else now. No spinners/twists or anything else that's eGo or cig-a-like style. Only box or tube MODS that are VV at least (would like to try a VV & VW device to test the waters of Variable Power but I'd be happy with just VV).

Right now, I'm leaning towards the ZMAX Mini and the iTaste MVP but I'm still undecided.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/recommendations. Happy Vaping!

-Tanks

PS: Has anyone tried the CE4 clearo? I'm going to order some with the wicks today but I was wonder how the no wick CE4s1 work. (see footnote below for link to CE4 w/no wick)

1 CE5 Clearomizer

I still grab for a c4 first over my t3, evod, and vivis. Partly i think because im still trying juices and partly because i seem to go through juice fairly slow, and part because they work so well.
so far ive tried a few diff brands and types and some leaked at battery, some didnt work super, etc.
i bought a new batch at my freedom smokes because they have a pink (totally unlike super ungirly me!) and other colors with colored tips. So far no issues and they have air holes in collar as well as the normal grooves and make a much nicer easier draw. All the sudden my other c4s seem tight.

Im personally waffling on sigeli telescope and vamo as my first mod. Pretty sure itll be sigeli

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
I have the standard zmax and love it so I recommend the zmax mini. Vaporalley is a great vendor with super fast shipping so I would recommend them too.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how Vaporalley was because I haven't ordered from them before. They do have a good selection of product, though.

Only one I've tried on your list is the mvp which I really like. Can be used as a passthru and the battery lasts more than a day. It has ego threading which is great, and also a ring where you can use your novas as well. I suggest trying a protank with the mvp if you get it. You don't have to dip and twirl.

Correction, I have tried a bottom feeder. The Reo grand, they are awesome. But probab kill your budget.

hahah! I want a Reo and I could get one but at the moment I don't want one enough to spend that much. Right now, my main priority is finding something to replace the ProVari that I can take with me to work and I think a Reo would be more of a at-home, time-to-relax kind of MOD.

I see you have an aversion to the cigalike batteries.. But a small batt or two as a backup isn't a bad idea.

I agree - I have 2 kGo 1100mah batteries as back-ups (that's what I'm currently using).

Telescoping Segeli ZMax. You can find them for $69.99. Sorry, I don't have any links.

I was looking at those as well. At the moment, I'm unsure how I feel about telescoping mods. I would have to handle one before making a purchase because I could see them being uncomfortable to hold in 18650 config.

You can get a Reo blem for ~$115. Love mine.

I will definitely keep this in mind - thank you.

Depending on what u choose, think about a Vamo as a backup......

Backups for backups are your friends. GL bro.

After losing my ProVari, I will definitely be keeping some sort of back up MOD (I really hate the vape produced by eGo style batteries), most likely something mechanical and cheap like a BOLT and maybe a BOLT + Kick.

I still grab for a c4 first over my t3, evod, and vivis. Partly i think because im still trying juices and partly because i seem to go through juice fairly slow, and part because they work so well.
so far ive tried a few diff brands and types and some leaked at battery, some didnt work super, etc.
i bought a new batch at my freedom smokes because they have a pink (totally unlike super ungirly me!) and other colors with colored tips. So far no issues and they have air holes in collar as well as the normal grooves and make a much nicer easier draw. All the sudden my other c4s seem tight.

Im personally waffling on sigeli telescope and vamo as my first mod. Pretty sure itll be sigeli

Very interesting. I haven't tried any clearos other than the T4, MT4 and ViVi Nova (regular and mini). I was thinking about ordering some CE4 clearos with the MOD I end up choosing but now I definitely will order some.

Thanks!

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
I recently got the Zmax V3 Telescopic and am loving it. Really easy to use interface, built very sturdy and multiple battery options come in handy.

+1 on the Sigelei Zmax V3 flat top telescopic. I love mine, and it's also VV/VW. You can pick one up at exhale vapors for $57.83 using the coupon code vaporjoes11percent.

I have one sitting in my "Cart" right now. Do they work with Kanger T2 and T3s?? If they do, I'm ordering one right now. lol

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I just got a Sigelei Bobo (a silly little critter I bought for fun), which is essentially a Zmax in a different body. I have been comparing it's features to a ProVari mini and a Vamo V2. Of course, at the price, it doesn't touch the 'Vari, but if the Zmax is comparable to the Bobo it is definitely worth considering over the Vamo.

1) It has a more substantial feel to it; more balanced. One of my criticisms of the Vamo is that it's top heavy, in both the 18350 and the 18650 configurations (more so in the 18350 for some reason). My work table is a little rickety and the Vamo keeps wobbling and falling over.
2) I don't know what the finish is like on the Zmax, but the Vamo is a fingerprint magnet and doesn't feel durable. No scratches yet, but the potential is clearly there.
3) The Sigelei button feels solid, like the ProVari. The Vamo's are wigglier.
4) The screen is very nice. It's easy to read with V, W and Ω large enough to see (I need my glasses to see the symbols on the Vamo).
5) It has a one button menu, which I prefer - there are many others who do not - but what I really like about the menu is that is pauses between functions. Maybe I haven't figure out the correct way to use it, but on the Vamo it appears that the only way for me to quickly check what the power level is set at (or voltage if in that mode) is to press either the + or - button, but as soon as I press it the level goes up or down. It would be nice if it paused for a second to get a reading. I'm also not a fan of the Vamo buttons being so close together. My fingers are small, but I still have to pay attention when pressing the fire button to make sure I don't press one of the upper buttons as well.

Sorry for the long winded answer, but I've been writing a blog about the Sigelei and this info is right in front of me. Like everything else in vaping it comes down to personal preference. The features that appeal to me, may not be important to someone else.

ETA: I got mine from Exhale Vapors and they just got a shipment of Zmaxs in. They have a 10% coupon too.

ETAA: I know you weren't considering the Vamo, but the comparison might give some insight into the Zmax features.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Sorry to read about your lost ProVari, Tanks.

For this PV platform, my back up to my provari mini 2.5 is another provari mini 2.5. The back up to the back up is a Sigelei V3 Tele Flat Top. Having stated that, you might consider looking at the Sig. The ticket for the Sig is some $60.00. While the Sig does not have the same design and build execution to that of the provari, it is quite the PV for the monies.

I trust that you find another daily PV, which suits your needs . . . Enjoy.

- Andy

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Off topic: It just tickles my funny bone how many of us will come out of the woodwork to try and "help others spend their money" I love it. We are living vicariously through others. Hey, I know I am lmao, I love helping others spend their money. ;)

I do it all the time. :)

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
yep, the zmax v3 uses ego and 510. should work with vivi novas, kanger, c4s, all that good stuff :)

Awesome! We found a winner!!! I hope it's comfortable to hold when in 18650 configuration. I'm ordering it now along with some CE4 clearos. Ahhhh I can't wait.

How is Vaporalley with shipping, fast/quick/slow?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Awesome! We found a winner!!! I hope it's comfortable to hold when in 18650 configuration. I'm ordering it now along with some CE4 clearos. Ahhhh I can't wait.

How is Vaporalley with shipping, fast/quick/slow?

Check the prices at Exhale Vapors!!!

Plus 10% off the coupon is at the top of the page.

ETA: I removed the link, since I was told someone got a virus warning. I've had the page open most of the day, but I have a mac, so probably wouldn't get that warning.

Last edited:

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California

Great Mod, you'll enjoy it !

Sigelei Telescoping ZMax V3 Flat-Top ...
- GREAT Around Mod
- Stainless Steel, Brushed Finish, Telescoping, Flat-Top Design ...
- Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage / Variable Affordable
- 18350 Mini Mode = SEXY!
- Use a 18490/500 battery, in it's 1850 Mini Mode = Longer battery Life.
- No confusion, No mistaking this ZMax for another variable voltage mod.

* 1 Button Menu System "EASY", even a caveman can ...

Checkout ...
- "Thread: Sigelei zmax v3 telescopic flat top?"
- "Thread: Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic (flat top or other) reports: one week later"
- All the goods, All the not so good, And more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread