I Love Dscount Vapors thinking of a variable voltage to play with, ideas? advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

star4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
I sent eric a nesage asking his advice as I trust the guy and his opinions but more would be helpful. I haven't tried a variable voltage but am thinking of buying myself something new. I currently use Gogos and have been pretty happy with them but crave a change. In your various opinions what would you recommend in terms of use, considering the following.. I like a trouble free, no hassle vape, a battery that lasts a long time, parts that are easy to get and interchangable,(as with the 510 for example and my gogos), just an overalll great smoke with lots of vapor and flavor? I haven't been keeping up with ecf and am overwhelmed by the choices. The mini is out for me as I tend to lose small things:oops: The ovale looks cool but the other ones do too. So many choices, I need more info. Eric has great prices on all his stuff but what do some of you think is the best value for the money? I am a big vaper so whimpy won't work for me. thakns in advance for suggestions. Discount Vapors thread is just to big for me to search through and find all the answers I am looking for.. Great job Eric, hope u quit that day job soon

chris

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I don't like to fuss with stuff so I really like the eGo Twist, especially the 900mAh one. To me it's a hassle to take batteries out and replace them, then charge them and store the charged ones properly. I like the simplicity of the eGo and the Twist is a good variable voltage PV. After all the hoopla over the V8 I had to order one but I haven't received it yet so I can't tell you if I like it more than the Twist. I think it will just be a different PV.

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
I have a mini LT, V8 and the Ego Twist-650. All three work well, but I have a tendency to use the Ego at work as it is lighter and less obvious to outsiders. The V8 I use at home while I am charging my Ego. The form factor of the V8(without a carto/tank) is about the size of a pack of cigs, but heavier and fits in my shirt pocket well. I like the consistency of the of the V8 and the batteries(2) last a long time between charges. The mini LT does fine and requires just one battery. You would need to purchase extra batteries for each. If you go Ego Twist, I suggest getting 2 units plus the Mega charger that Eric sells. I don't think you can get better pricing anywhere else and I know nobody beats his great service! Best of luck on the direction you take.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I have the mini Lava and never use it. For some reason it always made me nervous and didn't feel safe, probably just me. Since your question I received my V8 and I must say I really like it. At home it's the one I go to but when I'm out I still use the Twist. The V8 rubberized feels really good, performs well and looks good.

Did you make a decision yet?

JeepBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2012
Tucson, AZ
burningman.com
The eGo Twist is inexpensive ($25-30) and very easy to use. I've got 2-1000mAh I carry to work every day and a 650mAh I keep in a Janty Kuwako at my desk, just for pipe juices. I picked up an Ovale V8 from DV this last week and it is a fantastic vape with terrific battery life. It's also twice the cost of the eGos. :-/

I also have one of DV's USB Variable Voltage Passthroughs. This is your least expensive option(>$20) and one I highly recommend. I ordered one on a novelty whim, thinking it'd be fun to have at my desk. For the price it's amazing. The darn thing hits all the sweet spots for my current juice rotation and there are no batteries to run down, so I can use it when everything else is charging. I just wish Eric carried them in 3-packs, because now I want one for each desk, the car and my travel case. ;-)

thood

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
GA
I also have one of DV's USB Variable Voltage Passthroughs. This is your least expensive option(>$20) and one I highly recommend. I ordered one on a novelty whim, thinking it'd be fun to have at my desk. For the price it's amazing. The darn thing hits all the sweet spots for my current juice rotation and there are no batteries to run down, so I can use it when everything else is charging. I just wish Eric carried them in 3-packs, because now I want one for each desk, the car and my travel case. ;-)

Is this kr808 thread by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread