I love my mech, but I still want to try a regulated mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I think the difference is more about aesthetics than anything else. And, about preference between different menuing systems. Unless, of course, you want to put out enough money to get a high end mod instead.

Evic, Vamo, SID, etc. It's just whatever you prefer.

Have you tried looking/asking in the VV forum?

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
I don't have a Vamo so cannot comment on that device. I do, however, have an Innokin SVD (my only mod that isn't mechanical) and have nothing but good things to say about it. It is very well made, performs very well and at $37.21 is a fantastic deal on fast tech. be aware though it isn't small and really does look like a light saber. So if that's something that would bother you....... the only other nitpick I have is that it will burn through batteries. Or at least mine does. But then again I chain vape and have plenty of batteries so that isn't an issue for me.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Okay, I think I've ruled out the Vamo, as it only reads resistance down to 1.5Ω. That's no good. So now it's between SiD and SVD. I know SVD has an ohm meter. Does it have a limit as to what it can read? Does the SiD even display ohms? I may be leaning back toward the SVD, which I didn't even include in this query originally. :laugh:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The vamo will read sub ohm, it just won't fire it. I know I've checked coils down to 0.8 on the vamo. The SiD is a single button device so you have to click through menu options to get to the resistance meter, with the VAMO and the SVD(I think) you just hold down one of the three buttons to check. Also, the SiD is only 18650 as far as I know, the SVD telescopes, and the VAMO has tubes for 18650 and 18350.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have the SVD and love it. Two months of very active use, dropped it several times (not on stone or concrete though), and spilled sticky beverages onto it more than once, and it shows no signs of slowing down. Haven't tried to read subohm coils on it but have heard many say (write) that it has no problems reading subohms, just won't fire them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I own a SID and my main selling point was the clarity of the menu, to be quite honest. Now that I have it, I am not at all disappointed by it. I get tons of vapor and just recently purchased a smaller battery tube so that it could be more portable. You can buy the control head separate so if your mechanics fail at some point, you could swap out the head for cheap, instead of having to buy an entirely new mod. I love it and intend to hold on to it, as my every day device. PBusardo did a great review on YouTube, if you want to check it out, but trust me you won't be sorry with the purchase.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
I might consider trying a kick, once I get a mech that can hold one with an 18650. I want the regulated as a regulated. I'm thinking I want to just go for aesthetic for on my VW mod, and get an ohm meter to check coils. I have a DMM, that is great for testing batteries, but I don't think I trust it to be very accurate on low ohm coils. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but paranoia isn't the attitude that gets our faces blown off either. Now... Which aesthetic do I want to go for... I like all 3 of those mods for different reasons...

Note: I mean which do I want to be my first regulated mod... I'm sure I'll eventually spring for all of them. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Note: I mean which do I want to be my first regulated mod... I'm sure I'll eventually spring for all of them. :laugh:

IMO, don't over-think this Scarey and this is coming from someone who does this all the time :facepalm:. Like you said, you're going to be getting more devices down the road.

If it were me, one thing that impresses me is the parts availability for the Sid. Don't know how important that is for you, but none of the others have this I think.

Good luck with it :smokie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread