I love my new Screwdriver....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Nope. No mistake, no simple math being done here.

I'm familiar with the JS batteries. I have them with my Kissbox.

I'm familiar with the SD batteries. Been using them for months now.

I know the difference.

And the SD does not use power inefficiently or wastefully. It vapes perfectly consistently, until it doesn't, with maybe a couple of puffs warning.

What escapes you is that the SD is in fact "engineered and specifically designed as a PV". The fact that it's body happens to be cut from the Romisen, to acheive a really beautifully shaped and rounded form, far surpassing some straight and ugly tube or pipe shaped devices we've seen, does not detract from that one iota. :p
Thanks for taking the time to address the vast multitude of ways I clearly explained the Janty Stick to be vastly superior to to the Screwdriver.

I can see you are open to discussion and absolutely not firmly rooted in fanboyism.

It was a pleasure having a reasonable discussion with you.

DW

PS rumor has it you are supposed to have at least tried a device before commenting on it.

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
Thanks for taking the time to address the vast multitude of ways I clearly explained the Janty Stick to be vastly superior to to the Screwdriver.

I can see you are open to discussion and absolutely not firmly rooted in fanboyism.

It was a pleasure having a reasonable discussion with you.

DW

PS rumor has it you are supposed to have at least tried a device before commenting on it.

I see absolutely no reason why this person is not banned for griefing. Most of the posts are needless confrontation for the mere fact of attention. Moderators please take note!!!

I have believed that this person is a disgruntled SE salesman from the beginning, and still do. Sure he mixes it up, but just to try to avoid detection.

Last edited:

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
DW, did you even see my edits, written before I saw your latest? :D
No I did not see the edits while i was writing my post.

I gues we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one and I will leave you with this snide remark...

Enjoy your 'box mod'. I love the one I built after being challenged in another discussion about the SD. Did I mention mine was made for around $20? :D

Vape on!

DW

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
You are 100% correct, rads. I was finally able to get off analogs completely due to the Screwdriver.

I have made miles of progress thanks to the SD, too!

One caution, since you mentioned using it while driving... My penstyle, in the manual, said not to use while driving... I can really see a safety issue and looking like a unicorn after an impact or bad pot hole while driving... Just a thought...

(Yes, I've used mine, but mostly have switched to the smaller ones when driving... )

Last edited:

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
DW,

Must you run around rattling everyones cages? :) First you dump all over janty (Ludo in particular) because of shipping delays of the JS and customer service issues yet you beat everyone over the head with the fact that the JS is now "superior".

C'mon now, we all know vaping is subjective.
I said plenty of uncomplimentary things about Ludo and Janty as a company and I still stand by those statement.

I pointed out technical differences between quoted specifications and the actual product.

I did NOT at any time ever say it was a bad product.

It has its weak points. I am not fond of the fact that the button is just a sticker or that the atomizer chamber is not sealed but from a functional standpoint it is an outstanding vape and I use mine more frequently than anything else I own.

DW

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
The screwdriver isn't bad but it's not close to being a 160.00 unit. Those who beg to differ have too much cash laying around or low standards.

That's like the "rent to own" mentality. Oooh, I can have this great TV for only X dollars per month. And end up paying $10,000 for it in the end.

Oooh, I can buy this great ecig for only X dollars. And end up paying huge sums in upkeep (batteries!) over, say, a year of ownership.

Or, you can buy an SD and actually pay much less in total during the same year of ownership, and be much happier to boot. ;)

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Totally agree with yvilla, I made a committment to the SD (901/4075). Had I done this initially, I would have saved a fortune. I tried the penstyles, the regular 901's and the peewees... no progress quitting analogs. Then, I tried the SD, and I got a lot of progress quitting analogs... because it is a satisfying "smoke". Having invested in the lifelong supply of addy's (should they get banned) and Trog living in a foreign country, I tried the adapteveR (901/4075) and am enjoying this model, too. It uses the same addy's and the same batteries and is about the same size.

Bottom line, by making a committment, I am saving money. And, I have given my penstyle and all accessories away to my nephew to help him quit analogs, too.

The SD is just a rock solid investment!!!

Last edited:

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
WidowBeadWorks

JOYE510 Starter Set

A starter set contains: 2 ea Atomizer 2 ea Manual Switch Battery 5 ea Cartridges 1 ea Charger 1 ea User Manual
Price: $50.00

JOYE510 Passthrough
Manual Switch Passthrough for JOYE510
Color: Black
Price: $22.50

PCC
Portable Charger Case for JOYE510
Price: $28.00

TOTAL $100.50

JOYE510 Battery
Manual Switch Battery for JOYE510 - black - NO LED
Price: $12.50

ADD 5 BATTERIES for $62.50

TOTAL $163 (roughly the same price as a SD)

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Totally agree with yvilla, I made a committment to the SD (901/4075). Had I done this initially, I would have saved a fortune. I tried the penstyles, the regular 901's and the peewees... no progress quitting analogs. Then, I tried the SD, and I got a lot of progress quitting analogs... because it is a satisfying "smoke". Having invested in the lifelong supply of addy's (should they get banned) and Trog living in a foreign country, I tried the adapteveR (901/4075) and am enjoying this model, too. It uses the same addy's and the same batteries and is about the same size.

Bottom line, by making a committment, I am saving money. And, I have given my penstyle and all accessories away to my nephew to help him quit analogs, too.
That is not because the Screwdriver exclusively. It is because the manual switch. A feature that might have had some degree of exclusivity in the past but is now just a small part of a landscape that includes many manually switched choices.

DW

cowgal

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco, TX
edithfrost.com
Just go ahead and disregard any comments regarding the prodigy. I should not comment till an actual product is in customers hands and I have tried it personally.

Well, have you personally tried an SD? I have a Stick and 2 SDs, and I still prefer the SD, based on flavor and vapor quality. They're both pretty consistent & long-lasting hitters, but I get less flavor from the Stick. The Stick though, is a little more inconspicuous, so I take it with me when I go out, but when I'm at home I use the SD almost exclusively. Also, the Stick feels like a toy to me compared to the SD. I don't expect it to last very long, with my luck & general clumsiness.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Certainly, the economy of using non-proprietary and thus cheaply obtainable batteries would apply to any big battery mod. And the vaping satisfaction of using a manual switch combined with those big batteries would also apply to any manual switch big battery mod.

Then there's esthetics, size, ergonomics, switch placement and design, all matters of personal taste and preference.

But whichever big battery mod of those currently available is most appealing to an individual, it's going to be less costly over time, and more satisfying, than any standard ecig available to date.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Well, have you personally tried an SD? I have a Stick and 2 SDs, and I still prefer the SD, based on flavor and vapor quality. They're both pretty consistent & long-lasting hitters, but I get less flavor from the Stick. The Stick though, is a little more inconspicuous, so I take it with me when I go out, but when I'm at home I use the SD almost exclusively. Also, the Stick feels like a toy to me compared to the SD. I don't expect it to last very long, with my luck & general clumsiness.
Yes, I have tried the Screwdriver. I am a member of the Long Island Vapers Club and we have meetings where I have the opportunity to try out PV's that I do not own. I have used the Screwdriver at both of the last two meetings.

I found it very uncomfortable to use in comparison to other more standard type PV's, or the Janty Stick. Compared to cisco's mod the screwdriver was not even remotely close to as comfortable. I did not think it performed any better than my JS or even my 510.

See, I did do homework. How many folks praising the SD do you suppose have used the Janty Stick or even the 510?

I have become a PVaholic and it does not matter to me if I find the absolute perfect PV, I will still continue to try and buy other PV's. I would buy a Screwdriver if it were priced more in accordance with what it is but at $160 I am not buying it. for that kind of money I could buy three starter kits for other PV's and in some cases get something that I think performs just as well.

At the end of the day, the SD is nothing more than a 3.7v battery connected to an atomizer, just the same as the vast majority of other PV's out there. The fact that the battery has a high mAh rating is imaterial to performance and just offers a longer time between charges.

DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread