I love my Smok Nords

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
My goal was to find a small device/tank or pod that can take regular 24mg nic 50/50, not salt nic with a large battery and decent power. Ordinary pod systems generally run with the salt nic and have less power so the I would need more hits to get my fill. I tried the mtl rta way for a while after my nautilus two's and was happy but needed to drag my mods around with the tank and it was bigger than I wanted. I went through multiple devices and tanks but didn't like the size of them in my pocket.

Finally I came across the Smok Nord and it solved all my problems. It's small with a large battery and powerful for it's size. It takes the 24mg nic just fine and I get a nice strong hit. The best part is that it has interchangeable pods and coils too so I can keep the pod until the glass breaks. Very similar to going for a cigarette but not mtl. I'm loving it with the .6 coil and it's just right, happy that I have the option for the 1.4 coil. I get the throat hit and that's what I was looking for. All I need is a few quick hits and I got my fill already, great for stealth vaping at work where my boss let's me vape. I take two Nords with me and I'm set for the day. Along with the two Nords I take a backup mod/RTA setup just in case but it's not really needed, I'm just being extra cautious (I do have other mods at home with different style vaping for example a squonk and others with rda's but keep them at home now).

I never thought I would be saying this after my alien stopped working when it was my first two battery mod. I know that I need to be careful not to overcharge these things but that goes for any internal battery mod.

I'd love to hear feedback from others as to how the Nord affected their vaping.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
Great to hear.
I just ordered my first Nord- should be here in 2-3 days.
I'm hoping it will become my 'everyday vape' when a more stealthy vape is required.

I also have a ZERO- which for me is a too restrictive air flow.
Also a Nexus- which I like better as the air flow is looser than the Zero.
My regular mods are definitely set up for DL vaping.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
My Nord came in 2 days ago. I am really impressed with this thing. For my vape style- far superior to my Zero and Nexus. Zero was too tight a draw, the Nexus is 'ok' draw for me- but the down side was changing flavors since there is no tank to swap out. Nord allows swapping of pods for diff flavors during the day, AND easily changable coil heads when they need to be retired.
I bought it for 'slealth' situations, but I find myself reaching for it even at home.
I like both the .6 and the 1.4 ohm coils- not sure which I like better (it may come down to 'lighter' flavors with the .6 and stronger flavors for the 1.4). Will have to play around with it. Guess I'll have to keep vaping on it 'till I get it right.:)

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
It will be interesting to see if SMOK finally made an electric product that didn’t break constantly.
That was my biggest concern. Haven't seen any negative reports on this (yet).
In general- not sure about life expectancy of the batteries in any of these "AIO / POD" devices.

In the meantime, really enjoying it.

Reactions: Eskie

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That was my biggest concern. Haven't seen any negative reports on this (yet).
In general- not sure about life expectancy of the batteries in any of these "AIO / POD" devices.

In the meantime, really enjoying it.
In general pods just like ego batteries are LiPo bags, so somewhere around a year on average, with gradually shorter and shorter vape times. Unless of course your charge port dies in which case you are hosed.

Reactions: Eskie

basilia

Moved On
May 24, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread