I love nicoticket bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I love the little spout. I love how well it works for dripping,filling kayfuns,even my erlkonigin. You can even take the tip off and put it back on. I have hated ejuice bottles from almost everyone else. I either spill a little when filling or have to transfer it to other bottles. Both of these options is a drag. I finally found vape nirvana with perfectly awesome ejuices in perfect bottles. Just grab a bottle and throw it in my pocket with my mod. Nicoticket is all I want to buy now. It may be a done deal switching to a new bottle style, but maybe we can keep this style. I don't know, but I did want to express how much I love the current ones. This topic already started in the deep steep strawnilla and Frenilla thread. Didn't want to derail that thread anymore than it had. Thank you for taking the time to read this.:)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I'm with you, and I do too. The new glass bottles will come with a regular CRC cap, and an optional dripper. We'll continue to sell empty LDPE bottles for the folks who prefer those though, you can transfer to the plastic if it's more convenient! I love them for my Kayfuns - not married to them when it comes to dripping though.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I'm with you, and I do too. The new glass bottles will come with a regular CRC cap, and an optional dripper. We'll continue to sell empty LDPE bottles for the folks who prefer those though, you can transfer to the plastic if it's more convenient! I love them for my Kayfuns - not married to them when it comes to dripping though.

So, it sounds like there won't be an option to just order in the old style. I will need to buy the current style bottles separately at my expense an transfer the liquid and label them. Sigh..... Too bad the current style bottles couldn't be used with a CRC cap to comply for regulations. Well, it was good while it lasted. Not all change is good change. Guess it is what it is. This sucks.
I do appreciate your quick response.
Thanks Kent.

Last edited:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I'm sure Kent will stay true to form and keep the price on empty current style bottles reasonable. In the meantime, you're all saving your empties right?

I am definitely saving my empties. Still a major hassle.
It isn't just about the money.
I would gladly pay more to keep getting mine in the current bottle style for the convenience.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Amber Brown with purple caps - amber brown because it protects the liquid much better than clear, or even cobalt blue.

Well I can't argue with amber, it really is the best option for steeping and storage.
Think I'll just have to specify in orders "extra extra bubble wrap please!" when the new bottles circulate. lol
I really don't trust australia post! :p

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I am definitely saving my empties. Still a major hassle.
It isn't just about the money.
I would gladly pay more to keep getting mine in the current bottle style for the convenience.

There's lots of business reasons why... but...

As we move into the retail environment, there is a perception of value associated with glass bottles. Do I like it? Nah, not so much - I think the contents matter more than the packaging. That said, we're going to be sitting on the shelf next to the proverbial heavy hitters so we need to step up our game.

In terms of automation, glass bottles with child-resistant caps is the way to go... the alternative is to pay people to manually plug bottles, twist caps, and affix labels. A labor intensive monotonous process becomes totally automated. The automation of the process is huge when it comes to Good Manufacturing Processes, also, since every human interaction is by definition, fallible.

Of course the LDPE bottles will remain competitive - most of us are swimming in them though.

Some people insist that long term storage in glass (for purposes of the extended steep, for example) is much preferable to plastic. I really don't see any difference, honestly - but the opaque nature of a the new bottles as opposed to the clear bottles will definitely help with light exposure - one of the key elements associated with the degradation of eLiquid over time.

Despite concerns about breakage, glass bottles (properly packed) are much less likely to break than LDPE are to leak (when they are crushed by automated sorting machines at the post office). It takes a little extra care in packing to make that happen, but statistically, your liquid is much more likely to arrive safely.

On the safety front, specifically with children, the LDPE "child-proof" bottle is effective, but only if the cap is put on properly... the CRCs that are on glass bottles are much less likely to fall into little hands because (if you are wise) you will recap the bottles when not in use. My "vape desk" is littered with LDPE bottles that have no caps, even the ones that do have caps may or may not be on entirely. While that's possible with the CRCs on the glass bottles, it seems like (at least for me) I tend to put lids on the glass bottles more than the LDPE ones. On the flip-side, no one likes broken glass - but - a punctured bottle is of equal concern in my mind.

Once we are through our existing inventory, we'll be phasing out filled LDPE bottles and transitioning entirely to glass - the glass bottles will be filled in a clean room environment from start to finish, capped, batch/lot numbered, and safety sealed... again safety safety safety. Having full bottle plastic sleeve on bottles makes it possible to return a bottle (unopened) if (for example) we accidentally send the wrong flavor (or nic level, etc). This can also be done with LDPE bottles, but they would need to be shrinked manually. As it stands right now, if the package is open, all bottles inside are not resale-able.

I could go on and on, and by the time we were done, I probably wouldn't change your mind (nor would I expect to) - but - there's good business logic involved. At the end of the day, the contents matter more than the packaging - and the people whom support the product are more important than all of the above.

Last edited:

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
I had actually stopped buying all the glass bottle style ejuices. I just gave away a shoe box full of glass bottles to people at an Alano club. A lot of vapers prefer convenience to perceived value from glass. Bottles like The Standard puts out are super annoying. I hear people complain about it. In fact I stopped buying from any other vendors because you had the best juice and the best bottle style. Your bottle style has actually been a part of your brand image and in photos all over the forums and web. With day in day out vaping these little things like bottle style make a difference. The personal notes,zotz,extras,etc. just made it a dream come true. You have created an amazing ejuice world with all sorts of different cool ideas. There is nothing remotely like it. This whole situation is making me sad, but I understand decisions have to be made in business. I certainly am a fan of you, your juices, and the whole nicoticket family. I appreciate all of your responses immensely. I know these things matter to you. It shows in your product and how you interact with everyone.
None of my comments are made to stir up trouble just expressing how I feel about this.

Last edited:

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I'm on the fence with glass in terms of ease of use. But steeping juice is much better in glass IMHO. It is a bit of a hassle to get the last little bit of juice out of them though. A blunt needle helps or tilt and wait (like a bottle of ketchup, old school glass style) when filling something like a taifun.

For long term storage I do prefer the glass though.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
As long as its nicoticket juice I dont care what kind of bottle it is. The dropper caps are a pain, but I solved it for me by getting polycone caps and just throwing the droppers away. When I need some juice I use a syringe with a 14 guage blunt tip. The syringes are alot less mess than even the best plastic bottle tip and once you get used to it, its no trouble at all. We as people just dont like change. More times than not though, the dread of change ends up being alot worse than the change itself.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
As long as its nicoticket juice I dont care what kind of bottle it is. The dropper caps are a pain, but I solved it for me by getting polycone caps and just throwing the droppers away. When I need some juice I use a syringe with a 14 guage blunt tip. The syringes are alot less mess than even the best plastic bottle tip and once you get used to it, its no trouble at all. We as people just dont like change. More times than not though, the dread of change ends up being alot worse than the change itself.

Quite the interesting phrase to use at the end there considering you could hazard a guess that a lot of users have used both plastic and glass bottles already, know what the differences are, and have a preference for valid reasons. :)
I like the simple one step process with plastic bottles.
I'll still be buying Nicoticket juice when it does go to glass. Too addicted to their flavors not to! lol
I'll still be decanting back into plastic bottles because I find droppers to be a pain; and syringes to be too awkward, and just another piece of equipment to carry around considering I'm out far more often than I'm home.
And as always I'll be dreading whether an employee at the post office is in the mood to play hacky-sack with my parcel (or whatever it is they do to rough them up)! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread