I love smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken Menudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
WHAT’S IN A CIGARETTE?
Acetone (nail varnish remover), Ammonia (cleaning agent), Arsenic (ant poison in the USA), Benzene (petrol fumes), Cadmium (car battery fluid), DDT (insecticide), Ethanol (anti-freeze), Formaldehyde (embalming fluid), Hydrogen Cyanide (industrial pollutant), Lead (batteries, petrol fumes), Methanol (rocket fuel), Tar (road surface tar).

What’s in an e-cigarette?
Formaldehyde (used in embalming fluid)
Cadmium (used in car batteries)
Acetaldehyde (solvent)
Nickel (used in electroplating)
Lead (neurotoxin)

What's in an apple:
- Cyanide

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Wow
index2.jpeg

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I was just wondering if you had any, you know, data. Or just bare assertions...

If it's bare assertions, go right ahead. I can't argue with those. But I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Cheers!
My mom has COPD (It's what they call emphysema these days), she never smoked or used any form of tobacco. Both her parents were heavy smokers, smoked in the house and smoked in the car with the windows rolled up during the winter when she was a child.

So yeah, secondhand smoke never hurt anybody. /s

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
I find it fascinating that people are edited for mentioning drugs here, for fear of discrediting vaping, but you can wander around saying "Smoking doesn't cause cancer! It's a government conspiracy!" all you like.

Not much you can do but point out that it's just an inflated sense of persecution masquerading as a theory. Nothing resembling evidence whatsoever.

This stuff makes me bloody angry. Lie about the moon landings all you want - nobody gets hurt. This stuff is real.

Sorry to hear about your mum.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Give it a rest, gm. You're way, way out of your depth.

You lost me here. Why are you falling back to ad hominem, when he's asking a direct question on a subject you're claiming superiority over?

I'd like to see the information, too, because we as a group could use it to defend from the second hand vapor nonsense that's being trumped up right now.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I'm way behind and haven't read the whole thread, so apologies in advance....

less than 7 cigarettes a day and 24mg nicotine is pretty far off, most that smoke a pack+ a day only start with 12-18. Could very well be the reason for the headache
I smoked about ten Camel Blue/Lights per day for 15 years. Even 12mg nicotine was too high for me. I went to 4-8mg juice very quickly, and I've stayed in that range ever since.

Having read lots of newbie posts, I strongly believe that how much nic a person "needs" to satisfy cravings while avoiding negative consequences is very personal. What works for me may not work for the next person, and vice versa.

To all the new vapers: If you find your vape unsatisfying, consider increasing your nic. If you find your vape too harsh, or you find yourself getting other undesirable side effects such as headache, insomnia, etc., consider lowering your nic. Accept that you may spend a little more on juice, when you're just beginning, to find your sweet spot. If the 24mg juice has too much nic, you can always get some lower nic juice in the same flavor to dilute it.

Throat hit, as I think many have mentioned by now, is affected by many factors. Power/wattage (which is also being adjusted with variable voltage) is one factor. The juice can also be a factor: How much nicotine it has, how much PG it has, etc. I can't vape juices with PG, and I vape very low nic, but I can still get more throat hit from Alien Visions' "Gorilla Juice" than from Velvet Cloud's "Mewlew's Magic." I like both these juices, for the record, but they "hit" differently, and I base my vape on what I want at the moment.

Seems I made a poor assumption. I figured vaping replaced smoking right away.
For some of us, it does. For others, replacement is gradual. Don't judge yourself by the results other people get, but count every cig not smoked as a victory. Based on your other comments, I think you get this. :thumb:

To clear some things up, I don't have a headache (at least I didn't at the time of the OP). My throat aches. My two biggest issues with vaping so far, is my throat hurts & I'm blaming the vape.
A couple of suggestions for new vapers:

All vaping is dehydrating. Drink lots of fluids while you're vaping and after you vape.

Try a lower nicotine level. Nicotine can cause a burning sensation when it is too high.

Some people, such as myself, are sensitive to one or more common ingredients in e-liquid. Propylene Glycol is the most common, and the one that causes burning & irritation for me. I have to vape max VG juices, and mostly PG-free. If you have been hydrating yourself and testing nicotine levels to no avail, you may want to test yourself for sensitivity to another ingredient. Search the forum for more information on how people have performed challenge tests on themselves. :thumb:

TangentOmen

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
Durham Region, Ontario, Canada
I often feel like a leper while enjoying a smoke anywhere outside, especially whatching my kids at the park. I do it anyway, it's ridiculous to think I am harming anyone. I do feel rage! It's outrageous- telling me I can't even smoke outdoors. Anyway, it won't affect me as soon as get my vape mail.
I love smoking :)

P.s. I always found analogues to be very dehydrating, is vaping worse? I don't actually have my PV yet, so....

Last edited:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Like I said I found stinkies to be very dehydrating, if vaping is worse, I better really stock up on water. I had heard that vaping was bad for it, but I really didn't think it could get worse than cigarettes, thanks for the info :)
As far as I can tell, all those nifty clouds are partially composed of water from your body. Drink up! :laugh:

BCRich2204

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Texas
I'm here to find out why I'm having so much trouble. I'm a light smoker. Pall Mall menthol, Less than 7 cigarettes a day. I've tried several eCig variations & nothing comes close to the simple experience of a single cigarette.

I just bought a Millennium E-Go. Tried an 11mg kiwi flavor & I couldn't taste anything. Now I'm on a 24mg Apple Sin flavor & while the taste is great I woke up with the worst throat ache I ever experienced. After 1 day.

Any of you guys have difficulty making the switch? What was your EurekAlert moment?

It's been 7 days since my last cigarette. My eureka moment was when I learned how to inhale. I can get as much nicotine into my body as quickly as I could with a cigarette. & sitting down, taking long drawn out puffs is just as relaxing as sitting down with an analog.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Congrats on the vape BCRich, inhaling techniques varies from the different devices used. Some need to warm up first before you vape to get the coil up to steam and nice slow draws are recommended. Some gear once the button is pushed, one can vape right away in any manner chosen. Last smoker I let try a vape on my Stingray mod with the flashi atomizer, with a Magic Mundy wire build, was not prepared for the amount of vape and flavor he got, he took a big long deep draw, and coughed it up a couple times, made him stager a bit. I grabbed my mod quickly in case he was going to fall. whoa, cough cough, that's cough has flavor. He had just vaped at about 20 watts and was not prepared for the volume of vape that was produced.

Any ways, good luck on your continued success and...

Vape long and Prosper!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread