Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I think I mess up my vivi nova, i got it yesterday and it was doing great. I was chaining away, I decided to change the head to the 1.8 instead of the 2.4 it came with. I was using it but decided I liked the 2.4 better and that when I screwed it up. first I think I flooded it. Took it apart and cleaned out all the juice. Stuck the 2.4 back on. No vape. I fiddled around with the top rubber stopper and loosened it up and started getting vape back , but now it tastes awful. cant get the burned taste away. Is there any way to clean them up and get them going with out the bad taste? I just ordered new heads. I feel so dumb. It was so good, I was loving it so much. Mine is the version 2.5 with the short wicks. If you can help me get it back to working good I d love to save it. I might have to go out and get another one, I just ordered extra tanks for it, got the translucent black/grey and the black metal tank. Thank you

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Flooding is easy to fix - just take the VN off your PV, hold a paper napkin under it, and blow through the drip dip until juice no longer comes out the bottom. But, flooding is not the cause of burnt taste. Did you dry burn the head you are using at some point? If so, you may have over done it and burnt the wick. The only cure is to replace the head or rewick it. What PV are you using it on? If it is VV, turn the voltage down as low as possible. If the burnt taste goes away, the head is not ruined and just slowly increase the voltage to an acceptable level that doesn't give a burnt taste.

VN is rarely noted for giving a burnt flavor unless too high a voltage is used, too low a resistance head is used for the PV's voltage (shouldn't be a problem on a VV PV), not keeping the wicks wet by tilting and turning frequently. As a point of reference, in two months of using the VN, I have never had a burnt, dry hit.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I did do a dry burn, I put the 2.8 head and its vaping up a storm again. I am using it on a KGO 3.7v 1100mah batt. I also did a dumb thing too, After I had removed the orig 2.4 head I had rinsed it. I probably got it wet on the connection, so I probably did a dry burn thinking it would dry up the water. I probably did burn the wick on both the 1.8 and the 2.4. I bought it after seeing all the good reviews on the 2.5 version. What is VN? Thank you for your quick reply. I really thought I blew it. Are there any how to videos on youtube or here that shows how to clean them when they get gunky? I know you can just either rewick it , which I want to learn as I hope to graduate to a more advanced atty tank someday.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
funny, I got the second VIvi Nova tank a couple days ago. It was very different from my first one. It had longer wicks, no big deal, figured I could cut the wicks if the flavor was muted. But it has a few differences. THe center pin, much shorter. The heads are a bit longer. It also doesnt have the little cup like things around the coil and it had one loose wick sitting right on top of the head. The short wick extra heads I ordered dont fit, they stick out too high. It has not given me a 1/16 th of the vapor, nor the good taste. I even took the silicone cap off my first one that I had sort of snipped a bit shorter to give the wicks more space and better airflow, but that didnt help. Im sending it back to where I got it. I ordered another of the short wicked ones and we will see how these do. PBusardos did a review on the Vivi and he loved it and he was using the longer wicked one. Its very odd. WHat is the VIVi nova 2.5 officially supposed to look like? All I know is my first short wicked one is wonderful. I want another or more.
A PBusardo Review - Vivi Nova 2.5 - YouTube

It was explained to me that GV was in a rush to get the newest shell/body for these before the new heads were released.
So the new shell/body with older heads was called 2.5 by GV.
A lot of vendors are selling v3, which I believe is the new shell & new heads.
I just checked a few sites and I noticed some vendors aren't numbering them, probably to avoid confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread