Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Yeah. Just the one. A used Provari Mini. Very happy with it.
I PIFed my Twists to a friend who wants to quit stinkies.

So here I am, vaping away when, suddenly, it occurred to me. "What if it breaks and I need to send it in for repair?" :ohmy:

Now, I am kinda uncomfortable. I am 70 days off analogs. I can't afford not to have some kind of backup!!!!!!

Arrrrrrgh.

Now what do I do? I can't afford another Provari at the moment.
Do I buy a cheapo PV just in case? It would be dumb to get a Twist again. I have extra batteries. 18350s, and 18490s.

Hmmmm.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Yeah, I don't even leave the house for an hour with just one mod. I even have a small emergency box in my glove box with wick and wire and a small screw driver set incase one coil goes bad somehow, then the second somehow goes bad lol. I generally have 2 mods with rebuildables on top, and an EGO + EVOD just incase when I leave the house.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Being new to vaping, I'm in the same boat. One mod: An Innokin SVD. (I love it, BTW) But for me, one mod works, because I don't find the look of the SVD to be publicly "friendly". I simply don't want to have to explain it, and therefore, I only use it at home.

I have developed a nice collection of other devices to use on the go or at work in it's place.

At work, I'm quite happy with my T2 on a standard ego battery. I've attached a pen light pocket clip to the tank to keep it in my shirt pocket and out of harms way.

For on the go or in the car, I purchased an X6 VV battery and am currently using a Vision V-Fate tank on it. Looks killer, vapes great.

More mods will come soon enough I'm sure. I would be interested in a Zmax mini for on the go.

......and my wife just took a job as the store manager for a local vape shop. :D

I've also been thinking about this recently. I only have my Provari mini and a tiny 808 battery (the first one I ever bought actually). I don't have any 808 cartos left to use on it if something goes wrong with the Provari. I do not have the money for another Provari either. I've been considering getting the MVP as a backup.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
While the provari is a good, dependable vape from everything I've read, I would never want to be without a backup no matter what my primary device was. Besides breakage, what happens if somebody steals it or you forget it on your way out the door? I would get some kind of a back up, be it a vamo, some egos ore even a cigalike kit or box of disposables. Last time I was on whitecloud they had fling minis for a buck a piece. Fasttech has $5 cigalike kits with PCC. Just something to get you by until you can get your provari again. It was only a week ago that I wound up being down to the disposable I got as a free sample from Njoy. My Vmod cracked and is en route for a warranty replacement, so I broke out my egos. None of the batteries had a charge so I had to go with the disposable (total crap BTW) until one of the egos charged. Now if I can only get to my garage I can make sure this situation never happens again. There is just something wrong with running an RBA @ 1ohm on an ego c

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
well fwiw I don't think it would be dumb to get a twist again....unless you didn't like it for some reason. Personally I think it's quite sensible to have more than one device & have more than one KIND of device, and also apply the same idea to toppers. I have some 510 batteries that I still use. I also have an eroll that I sometimes use (it's been annoying me lately). I have twists & plan on getting a mod of some sort soon as well as a provari which is on my Christmas list. But to have a variety means that when you're having a bad day vaping something you have is likely to still work. How annoyed would you be if for some reason your battery charger crapped out on you & you had no batteries for any device & you had no other type batteries? It's nice to have choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread